5-Oct-06 Official Pens vs Flyers Game Thread

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Postby André on Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:40 am

Rocco wrote:I don't have stats on this or anything, but whenever the thread is posted a) more than an hour before gametime or b) after the game starts, bad things happen. There are also times where we've tried to go threadless for superstitious, but someone who wants to see his postcount rise will post a thread and screw up the strategy. It's a complicated issue, complicated by the fact that the person who posted this thread thinks Aleksey Morozov is a good NHL player, which makes me question his sanity.

I'm not sure I actually have the power to nullify this as the official thread. That would be like the Supreme Court granting itself a huge power that didn't necessarily have. (Oh, wait. Bad analogy.) Maybe we need to ask RJ who has the power to designate a thread official or not before asking me to do anything.

Being the responsible thread creator that I am I opted not to argue this last night. No one wants an official game thread degenerating to the old Morozov debate :D

Now afterwards, however, I want to clarify on my view of Morozov. He hasn't been good in the NHL, only for some stretches. I know. He's nothing short of awesome in Russia now though, and has been for two years. So if the price was right I wanted him to get another shot, playing as Malkin's RW. Because of his last two seasons, his potential, the 'new NHL' and because he's russian.

However, I wouldn't exactly sell my mother to get him over.

Now let's drop it, he's not here and never will be again =)
André
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby bpaluzzi on Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:56 am

ziggystardust wrote:I don't need to prove a thing to this board. I've made more correct predictions, and shed more insight to defensive hockey than anyone else who posts here. If my word isn't good enough for you, you aren't worth my time.

hahahahahahahahahahaha

oh, wait, you were serious?

hahahahaahahahahahaha
bpaluzzi

great job on the almost 24 game thread!

Postby penny lane on Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:24 am

you guys make reading about the game almost as much
fun as being there! :wink:

very emotional for me...these pens were just non stop.

Marc-Andre the Flower welcome back...this isn't 2004, you
will not be going anywhere.
Dominic Moore & RUUUUUUUUUUTUUUUUUUU skills on
display in games not preason camps.
Joe Melichar on track for an 82 game scoring streak. :P
Ryan Whitney, I thought elevated his game as it needed
to be done quickly.
Jordan Staal~ bird of prey~ falcon, eagle, good steady
work all game.
Sidney~ need a new thesaurus to describe his plays
with the puck and minus the puck.

penguins earned that game and hopefully a tinge
of respect and :shock: eye-poppin reaction from
other teams.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby ams on Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:05 am

melichar might be a top 4 defenseman if he'd engage the opposition. he's way too cautious, and playing the angles well matters little if you neglect to actually defend, and let the guy past anyway.

he's not total trash, but you really think other teams would have melichar in their top 4? sure, maybe some (philly, after last night), but no, not many.
ams
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby stopper40 on Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:47 am

ziggystardust wrote:
ziggo wrote:Whitney. Pretty solid game ?

Absolutely not.
He was ridiculously terrible defensively.

Then you and i watched different games. He was very servicable last night
stopper40
AHL'er
AHL'er

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins