Whitney traded to Ducks for Kunitz and Tangradi

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Whitney traded to Ducks for Kunitz and Tangradi

Postby Bob McKenzie on Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:38 pm

After doing some research into Tangradi, I like him. He has a bit of a mean streak as well.

I'd love to see the Pens pick up Kassian in the draft this year. These two have had some real battles.

Tangradi - Crosby - Kassian could be a younger albeit not as talented version of an old line: Stevens - Lemieux - Tocchet.
Bob McKenzie
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: "I swear I will sign the contract, Mario." *fingers crossed*

Postby KG on Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:40 pm

Random thought....watching the pens press conference...Shero aged...tough year for all Ray!
KG
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Maagwa on Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:41 pm

KG wrote:Random thought....watching the pens press conference...Shero aged...tough year for all Ray!

I was thinking the exact same thing.
Maagwa

Postby Soon5one4 on Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:46 pm

Per Pens website:

Kunitz and Anaheim prospect Eric Tangradi were traded to the Penguins in exchange for defenseman Ryan Whitney. Kunitz, who defined himself as a “gritty, speedy winger,” took a flight to Chicago and will be in the lineup for Pittsburgh against the Blackhawks at United Center Friday at 8:30 p.m.
Soon5one4
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby KG on Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:10 am

DelPen wrote:http://www.tsn.ca/columnists/scott_cullen/?id=268771&lid=sublink01&lpos=headlines_nhl

Scott Cullen mentions here that Tangradi has already signed his entry level deal. If this is true that is great, one less thing to worry about and lose this kid to go back in the draft.

Yes, he just signed his 3 year rookie contract in December:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio ... =nhl-ducks
KG
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby meecrofilm on Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:23 am

Excited to see him tomorrow. And more quotes from the Pens' article:

On the Trade...

“I was shocked at first,” Kunitz said 20 minutes after landing in Chicago. “After that I started to get excited to play with such a group of talented, young guys, guys that have produced so much already. I want to bring what I can to the team and get into the postseason.”

On Sid and Gino...

“I don’t know if you can pick better linemates and proven talents,” said Kunitz, who is under contract for the next three seasons. “The coaches put you in those situations. I will try to do to my best to get them puck and make things happen. I’ve played with guys who are creative with the puck, who are speedy, handle the puck and like to play with it. I’ve seen a little bit playing against the Penguins. I’m going to try to jump in and do whatever I can to help the team win.”

On the new system and playing for Bylsma...

“It’s a little different system,” Kunitz said. “Pittsburgh plays with a little more speed up the ice. It’s a more give-and-go and skating offensive style. I’ll adapt as quickly as I can. Having him as a coach for a full year, he knows the way I play and my style,” Kunitz said. “I know what he expects and what he demands from me. That does help make the transition easier but as a head coach it’s different than being an assistant. I’m sure he’ll raise the bar a little bit more. I’m just concentrating on this team.We need a push to get into the playoffs and I have to show the organization what I bring to the table.”
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby CKA24 on Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:26 am

meecrofilm wrote:Excited to see him tomorrow. And more quotes from the Pens' article:

On the Trade...

“I was shocked at first,” Kunitz said 20 minutes after landing in Chicago. “After that I started to get excited to play with such a group of talented, young guys, guys that have produced so much already. I want to bring what I can to the team and get into the postseason.”

On Sid and Gino...

“I don’t know if you can pick better linemates and proven talents,” said Kunitz, who is under contract for the next three seasons. “The coaches put you in those situations. I will try to do to my best to get them puck and make things happen. I’ve played with guys who are creative with the puck, who are speedy, handle the puck and like to play with it. I’ve seen a little bit playing against the Penguins. I’m going to try to jump in and do whatever I can to help the team win.”

Good news. I'm happy to have him here, but I'm definitely pumped that he's under contract for 3 more years!
On the new system and playing for Bylsma...
CKA24
AHL'er
AHL'er

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins