Official Game Thread - Penguins vs. Islanders 10/19/06

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Postby Kaizer on Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:41 pm

Koltsov Scored!
Kaizer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Henry Hank on Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:44 pm

LeClair had a strong game. If he keeps playing like that on the checking lines, he's welcome on this team.

Malone had a pretty good game too. He was very good on the PK. He's still a zero even strength. I think soon they may have to think about moving Ouellet up and moving Malone down.
Henry Hank
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby jmh470 on Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:47 pm

The Isles should be called Sidney Crosby's New York Islanders.
jmh470
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Ron` on Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:53 pm

dman66 wrote:
stopper40 wrote:After watching tonight's game 2 things come to mind, i know I'll catch some flak for this one but I think Leclair has adapted well to his role playing on the 3rd/4th line.

And more importantly, WHY THE F*#@ IS RYAN MALONE EVEN PLAYING? He's giving guys who float or take the a game off from time to time a bad name, he's absolutley useless.

i thought malone had his best game of the year. he looked awesome on the pk
Sorry but I must have missed that. As a top 2 line wing, I was very disappointed in his effort. Ryan, if you read this it's not a hate thing, you need to get moving quick or this team will pass you by.
Ron`
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby magnum on Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:57 pm

Henry Hank wrote:LeClair had a strong game. If he keeps playing like that on the checking lines, he's welcome on this team.

Malone had a pretty good game too. He was very good on the PK. He's still a zero even strength. I think soon they may have to think about moving Ouellet up and moving Malone down.

i'm starting to really agree with this. Malone is doing a better job, working the boards and annoying the opponent, which is a 3rd liners job. He doesn't wuite have the offensive touch for the 2nd line, especially with a talent like Malkin, I don't think Malone has enough natural hockey sense to capitalize on Malkin's gives etc...

Oulette at least crashes the net.
magnum
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby the wicked child on Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:02 pm

Pens now 3-0 when Mango Salsa scores. 8)

Whoever made the decision to run the Geico commercial during the break after he scored desrves a promotion... awesome timing.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby magnum on Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:05 pm

the wicked child wrote:Pens now 3-0 when Mango Salsa scores. 8)

Whoever made the decision to run the Geico commercial during the break after he scored desrves a promotion... awesome timing.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

I never thought about that until you brought it up... that's hysterical
magnum
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby relantel on Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:07 pm

Hey, they won a game when trailing after 2 periods... now if only we could see an ENG for... (not that we could have tonight given the OT, but it's been since before the lockout since we scored one)
Last edited by relantel on Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby NIN on Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:08 pm

magnum wrote:
the wicked child wrote:Pens now 3-0 when Mango Salsa scores. 8)

HAHAHAHAHAHA

I never thought about that until you brought it up... that's hysterical

:lol:

Just like that caveman, will he ever get the respect he deserves?
NIN

Postby Sams_Dog on Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:27 am

Watching Crosby, Malkin, Whitney and Gonchar pass the puck around on the PP brings back some great memories of Lemieux, Coffey, Murphy, Francis, Jagr...etc. I LOVE seeing the skill we have out there now. Sometimes I can't believe how lucky we have been. This team is going to be f'n fantastic.

I don't think they can keep Oullet down much more. I think he deserves a spot on the 2nd line. He has great hands. If he plays on the 3rd or 4th line he gets maybe 15 or 20 goals but if he gets time with 87 or 71 who knows? Let him do what he does best. Recchi can probably play a better 2-way game anyways.

Nice seeing us beat the Isles for a change too.
Sams_Dog
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby André on Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:17 am

NIN wrote:
Ron` wrote:
Brode wrote:
When you need a goal you put your best players out there

Who disagreed with this? At what point is "when you need a goal"? I would consider those times to be powerplay, and last 5 minutes desperation. You do not put them together for even strength of the first period. that's just retarded.

They want to be out there when the game is on the line

IT'S THE FIRST PERIOD.

It is simply an impossibility to even consider benching one of those guys when you NEED THAT GOAL.

IT'S THE FIRST PERIOD. And BENCHING? Yeah, I sure said that we should bench Malkin. Jesus tap dancer.
Wow, you need a drink, relax your overreacting to his comments I think, just my opinion. Don't like what he said, ok, but think a bit before you get your blood pressure up. Sometimes the context is lost, and easily in a game thread.

yeah they are going to play together in the first period too, get used to that too. Even if they add acouple of good wingers they will still put them out there at times at every point in the game. It's called stacking a line and every team has a curveball like that. There isn't a team in the world that does'nt change their lines around. Balance is great but you need to remmebr that the whole object is to WIN THE GAME not be the most balanced line combo. They don't give out points for having balanced lines.

I think people changed their opinions on this after Malkin's first four periods. The general consensus here was to have them centering their own line except in late minuts and pp's. Now the tide is turning however ;)

Personally I think it makes more sense to have them centering one line each. What I want to watch, however, is a completely different matter :D
André
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby André on Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:19 am

DelPen wrote:
yeltzen wrote:Let's be honest, if I would have told you the Pens would be 3-3 after 6 games, how many of you would have honestly believed it? Very good start by the Pens.

Looking at the schedule this is the first game we should have won and even then considering the problems we have had against the Isles in recent time even that's not a gimme game.

BTW, if I drink the entire game the Pens win. I ran out of beer after Malkin scored last night, I took no chances and got a 12 pack for the game tonight :D

Fellow Pens fan, I salute you. That's character right there.
André
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins