GDT: Devils @ Pens -- 10/24/2006 -- Game #8

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Postby Rychster on Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:31 pm

NIN wrote:
Rychster wrote:I think the Pens made the best choice this past June. He is unbelievable! He steals pucks from behind his own net like clockwork.

Amazing for a kid younger than Sid!

Staal did the same thing and he is younger. :shock:

:? That's who I was talking about!
Last edited by Rychster on Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rychster
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:31 pm

Lets Go Pens!!!
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby NIN on Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:35 pm

What song is the organist playing while Parise was laying on the ice hurt??
NIN

Postby Brode on Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:36 pm

You Can't Always Get What You Want, Big Chill edition.
Brode

Postby NIN on Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:37 pm

Brode wrote:You Can't Always Get What You Want, Big Chill edition.

Ahhhh thank you. :)
NIN

Postby Peter on Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:37 pm

2 Legit 2 Quit.
Peter

Postby Stoosh on Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:37 pm

I love how they try to turn some of these clears into shorthanded chances. This penalty kill is like night and day compared to last year's.
Stoosh
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Geezer on Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:38 pm

He may have had a fake tooth to spit out at an opportune time
Geezer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Andre the Giant on Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:39 pm

Anyone else notice the announcers keep saying Maxime Ouellet?

You would think someone would correct him but I question the collective hockey sense of the Versus network
Andre the Giant
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Stoosh on Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:39 pm

Wow...the way these guys are talking, you'd think Welch took a two-handed baseball swing to Parise's face.
Stoosh
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby NIN on Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:39 pm

Andre the Giant wrote:Anyone else notice the announcers keep saying Maxime Ouellet?

You would think someone would correct him but I question the collective hockey sense of the Versus network

lol yeah
NIN

Postby Brode on Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:40 pm

Andre the Giant wrote:Anyone else notice the announcers keep saying Maxime Ouellet?

At least they aren't calling him Maxine Ouellet.
Brode

Postby relantel on Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:40 pm

Guess not all 4 minute high sticking incidents are 4 minute penalties, and not all 2 minute incidents are 2 minute penalties...
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby relantel on Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:41 pm

Recchi +2 through 2 periods...
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby NIN on Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:42 pm

Rychster wrote:
NIN wrote:
Rychster wrote:I think the Pens made the best choice this past June. He is unbelievable! He steals pucks from behind his own net like clockwork.

Well Crosby did it too. Crosby was behind his OWN net...and fought a guy off for the puck...and he skated it out.

Crosby has played better defensively since Malkin has arrived. I guess the coaches are telling him to play better in his own end because they don't need him cheating up ice all night because they have some actual scoring depth for once.

On a completely unrelated note. Does anybody miss Malone out there?
NIN

Postby Gaucho on Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:42 pm

Shots are 20-13, 9-4 in the 2nd. Good job.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Stoosh on Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:43 pm

Guess not all 4 minute high sticking incidents are 4 minute penalties, and not all 2 minute incidents are 2 minute penalties...

I agree that it was worth four minutes, but whoever it is that's doing the color is making it sound like this is Bryan Berard's eye injury all over again.
Stoosh
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Kovy27 on Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:45 pm

Stoosh wrote:

I agree that it was worth four minutes, but whoever it is that's doing the color is making it sound like this is Bryan Berard's eye injury all over again.

Thats the BEEZER on Versus.

Dear Ray Shero-

Keep Staal.

Love-

The City of Pittsburgh
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby skullman80 on Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:47 pm

You know on that Staal goal, Ekman had just as much to do with that as Rex did now that I watch it again. Ekman got crunched to the ice, rolled over got back up and skated back to the puck and lifted a perfect pass to Staal.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby NIN on Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:47 pm

Stoosh wrote:

Nobody called anything on Hatcher's high stick on Sid. He is lucky he even got a call. The annoucers should maybe mention that and keep it in perspective. Not that Parise's teeth are worth more than Sid's but the way the league is run it's never a surprise when a highstick goes unnoticed.
NIN

Postby NIN on Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:48 pm

skullman80 wrote:You know on that Staal goal, Ekman had just as much to do with that as Rex did now that I watch it again. Ekman got crunched to the ice, rolled over got back up and skated back to the puck and lifted a perfect pass to Staal.

He reminds me of Straka.
Last edited by NIN on Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NIN

Postby KG on Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:48 pm

I must say that I am mildly impressed with Vanbeisbrouck. This is my first time hearing him do color. He seems pretty knowledgable about both clubs. Especially the goalies obviously.

He was talking about how MAF doesnt' use his hands enough. I guess I will take his word for it, but this has been the first I have heard of that criticizim of that part of his game.

I give Doc Emrick a pass for the Maxine Ouellet thing, he's the best...
KG
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Rychster on Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:48 pm

NIN wrote:
Rychster wrote:
NIN wrote:

Well Crosby did it too. Crosby was behind his OWN net...and fought a guy off for the puck...and he skated it out.

Crosby has played better defensively since Malkin has arrived. I guess the coaches are telling him to play better in his own end because they don't need him cheating up ice all night because they have some actual scoring depth for once.

On a completely unrelated note. Does anybody miss Malone out there?

Yes. I saw Crosby completely dominate in his own end tonight as well. I venture to say this team, as constructed, is playoff bound.
Rychster
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby ziggo on Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:49 pm

I've watched Kessel play alot this year and last. He has a killer shot, is fast and passes well. Staal has outscored him so far. He is sneaky quick, and has deceptive speed. The puck seems to follow him, partially because of his reach. He plays all facets of the game and is about a year younger than Kessel. I'd have to echo the sentiment, that he was the best player available at #2.
ziggo
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Stoosh on Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:49 pm

Thanks, Kovy...I missed the very first part of the broadcast, so I didn't know who it was.

Hey, I wonder what Beezer thinks of Trevor Daley these days?

I'm torn on what to do with Staal. The kid clearly belongs, but I know what's probably best for his long-term development is to go back down to Peterborough. Then again, he doesn't really look out of place, and he's contributing, and he's probably one of the best six forwards on this team. I'd just hate to see him go back to getting only 10-12 minutes a night on the third or fourth line once Malone gets back.
Stoosh
AHL'er
AHL'er

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins