GDT: Devils @ Pens -- 10/24/2006 -- Game #8

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Postby NIN on Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:54 pm

eastonpensfan wrote:The wife made me go hang out with her at a 'dessert party'. I was seriously thinking of pretending I had diarrhea so I could stay home.

GRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!

:evil:

Whaoo man save the CHA-CHA ace for the playoffs. :wink:
NIN

Postby Howie Mandel on Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:55 pm

Malkin's goal was so reminiscent of Mario's goal in Game 2 of the 1991 Cup Finals - and Malkin did it against a better team.

Hockey hasn't been this much fun since the season Mario returned. I'm lovin' it!
Howie Mandel

Postby Dan H on Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:59 pm

Is it possible to post a link to a video of Malkin's goal? I didn't see it on TSN. Thanks in advance!
Dan H
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby NIN on Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:08 pm

Dan H wrote:Is it possible to post a link to a video of Malkin's goal? I didn't see it on TSN. Thanks in advance!

It will be on youtube soon, keep checking there.
NIN

Postby FallenHero96 on Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:19 pm

NIN wrote:
Dan H wrote:Is it possible to post a link to a video of Malkin's goal? I didn't see it on TSN. Thanks in advance!

It will be on youtube soon, keep checking there.

Main page of the Penguins website has video highlights up.
FallenHero96
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Dan H on Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:23 pm

It's now on the PP.com main page.
That's a heck of a goal. The Devils did everything short of cutting his head off, and it looked as if even that might not have stopped him from putting the puck in the net.
Dan H
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby ville5 on Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:26 pm

We just might have a new Devil Killer on our hands. :twisted:
ville5
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Kicksave on Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:27 pm

The best part was the reaction to the Malkin goal. The first three reactions were HOLY SH*T!!
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby NIN on Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:28 pm

Kicksave wrote:The best part was the reaction to the Malkin goal. The first three reactions were HOLY SH*T!!

I don't beleive I used the word "shiit". :o
NIN

Postby dman66 on Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:33 pm

Howie Mandel wrote:Malkin's goal was so reminiscent of Mario's goal in Game 2 of the 1991 Cup Finals - and Malkin did it against a better team.

Hockey hasn't been this much fun since the season Mario returned. I'm lovin' it!

ya, but malkin didnt go end to end, so i gotta take some points off for that :wink:
dman66
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby dman66 on Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:33 pm

Howie Mandel wrote:Malkin's goal was so reminiscent of Mario's goal in Game 2 of the 1991 Cup Finals - and Malkin did it against a better team.

ya, but malkin didnt go end to end, so i gotta take some points off for that :wink:
dman66
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Tico Rick on Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:51 pm

Can anyone tell me who were the three stars tonight? I'd have to give Malkin the edge over Crosby as #1.
Tico Rick
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby the wicked child on Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:54 pm

1-Malkin
2-Crosby
3-Ekman

per NHL.com
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby relantel on Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:57 pm

And we have our first B plan win in game #3, more than two months sooner than last season!
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Jerez on Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:57 pm

NIN wrote:
Rychster wrote:I can't wait for MCM depressing post game analysis...There's always room for improvement I guess :)

I guess the offense will get another "F" because they DID'NT score on the power play. :roll:

Well, yinz are lucky -- MCM's on the road, so can't give his grades. But you know what? He's not really that bad. Yeah, partly it's his schtick. But he is the biggest Pens fan I've ever met -- even if he's not an OPTIMIST like me. Even though he's not a homer, he appreciates talent when he sees it. Called me after the game tonight (saw the last period) and was gushing about EM's goal. So cut him a break or two, eh?

tanx
Jerez
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Steve on Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:57 pm

The wife made me go hang out with her at a 'dessert party'.

Let us know when the divorse is finalized.

Just kidding!

hopefully, you tivo'd the game.....
Steve
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby NIN on Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:01 pm

Tico Rick wrote:Can anyone tell me who were the three stars tonight? I'd have to give Malkin the edge over Crosby as #1.

Malkin could have had 4 assists too. His passing is unreal. Right up there with Crosby, two of the leagues best passers on the same line and they can both shoot the puck plenty good as well!
NIN

Postby ville5 on Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:35 pm

NIN wrote:
joker10277 wrote:Phoenix scouting tonights game.....I saw greg malone come in gate 3.

Malone and Oullete for Doan and Nagy?? :shock: :D

As much as I'd like to see Doan here, we all know that's not gonna happen. I wouldn't mind a Malone, Scuderi, pick for Sjostrom and Boynton. Would have to be a higher pick. Don't know if Phoenix would do it, but they need some kind of change.
Speaking of the Coyotes, how long does it continue? Does anyone think it's time for the Wayne Gretzky experiment to end?
ville5
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby netwolf on Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:26 am

NIN wrote:
jjwags wrote:Malkin Rules WOW I see a Malkin Authentic Jersey in my future :lol:

Me too!

Bandwagoners! :D :lol:
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby André on Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:33 am

YES YES YES

Wonderful!

Go Pens!
André
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby André on Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:33 am

DelPen wrote:
FallenHero96 wrote:
NIN wrote:
DelPen wrote:I think it's clear no one can name a good reason to send Staal back to the OHL (and his UFA status in 2013 is not a good reason). The thing I notice is he has the ability to slow his game down yet still be effective. Crosby and Malkin use speed to make people look silly but taal just eases in and kills you slowly. Recchi and Ekman look good with this style. But Staal got it done as a checking center, he got it done on the PK and he is getting it done as a scoring center against one of the better defensive teams in the NHL. If he goes back to Peterborough it would be retarded.

Indeed it would.

I can't help but think he's going to go back though, just because of the contract situation and the $$ involved.

Why? 3 years down the road, who will they be paying any money too? Gonchar, Crosby and Fleury. The Cap goes up a little each year, in 2009 when Malkin and Staal would be free agents we will have tens of millions to spend because Shero wasn't an idiot this past summer. The money will be there to sign them and there will be more than enough left to bring in people to fill the holes. And at that time the team, wherever it is, will be moving into a new arena and the Penguins will have the infrastructure and ownership in place to be at the top of the cap figure. It makes zero sense to send your 3rd best forward, who is getting better every shift, down to play against 16 and 17 year old boys.

We don't know the cap will go up? It's related to league revenue so it might actually be lowered considering NHL's success last season?
André
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Rychster on Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:29 am

Jerez wrote:
NIN wrote:
Rychster wrote:I can't wait for MCM depressing post game analysis...There's always room for improvement I guess :)

I guess the offense will get another "F" because they DID'NT score on the power play. :roll:

Well, yinz are lucky -- MCM's on the road, so can't give his grades. But you know what? He's not really that bad. Yeah, partly it's his schtick. But he is the biggest Pens fan I've ever met -- even if he's not an OPTIMIST like me. Even though he's not a homer, he appreciates talent when he sees it. Called me after the game tonight (saw the last period) and was gushing about EM's goal. So cut him a break or two, eh?

tanx

No ill will, Jerez. Stop taking it personal. Did you see the smiley at the end of my statement? I like MCM's analysis and I am a pessimist by nature myself. :wink:
Rychster
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby bh on Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:54 am

ville5 wrote:
NIN wrote:
joker10277 wrote:Phoenix scouting tonights game.....I saw greg malone come in gate 3.

Malone and Oullete for Doan and Nagy?? :shock: :D

As much as I'd like to see Doan here, we all know that's not gonna happen. I wouldn't mind a Malone, Scuderi, pick for Sjostrom and Boynton. Would have to be a higher pick. Don't know if Phoenix would do it, but they need some kind of change.
Speaking of the Coyotes, how long does it continue? Does anyone think it's time for the Wayne Gretzky experiment to end?

I've been watching the Yotes on center ice and they have a pretty exciting fast team. Their downfall is their defense and goaltending. They should have no trouble scoring goals. Now this is what I've witnessed watching their last 3 games so don't take it as the gospel truth or anything. Another huge factor working against them this year is that they are in the west which is sooooo good. If the Yotes were in the Eastern conference they'd be doing much better. That is a very bad thing when the Sharks, the Ducks, and the Stars, and the Kings are all in your division.
bh
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby penny lane on Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:34 am

Brode wrote:FIRST PLACE.
Alleluia, the strife is over!
It's before Halloween but so what, feels pretty darn good to
look at the standings and :)

Coach Therrien proud of his team~everybody contributed :!:

Less flashy stars last night, PK, Dominic Moore, hope he is
rewarded with a goal soon. Mark Eaton, Joe Melichar, R Scuderi,
all played good D in 3rd period.

Jordan Staal~Ice Man, nothing appears to fluster him, at all.

Flower Power, Go Marc-Andre!
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby bh on Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:03 am

penny lane wrote:
Brode wrote:FIRST PLACE.

Jordan Staal~Ice Man, nothing appears to fluster him, at all.

lol, I know what you mean. He never really seems to show much emotion. After he scored he just had a little smile and was like, "well, i guess i just scored again."
bh
AHL'er
AHL'er

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins