Pensblog a bit out of line

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Pensblog a bit out of line

Postby Maestro on Fri May 29, 2009 11:51 am

You just equated stabbing your neighbor to the Pensblog posting a picture on a website.

This thread has officially gone overboard.


That's your personal opinion Jesse. This thread has gone overboard TO YOU.

(using the individualistic logic that says anything goes)
Maestro
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,787
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:05 pm

Re: Pensblog a bit out of line

Postby Jesse on Fri May 29, 2009 12:00 pm

Maestro wrote:
You just equated stabbing your neighbor to the Pensblog posting a picture on a website.

This thread has officially gone overboard.


That's your personal opinion Jesse. This thread has gone overboard TO YOU.

(using the individualistic logic that says anything goes)


Maestro, I'm not going to personally attack anyone here or say you're wrong for thinking what you think, etc. I know the guys, they are good people, and that's the final thing I have to say.
Jesse
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,660
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:07 am
Location: The Land of Condescending Posters

Re: Pensblog a bit out of line

Postby llipgh2 on Fri May 29, 2009 12:02 pm

It's snarky, but not morally reprehensible. It could have easily been a lot worse.

I didn't find it funny just because of the sad circumstances around it. That said, I've laughed at my share of offensive humor. I'm not in any position to pass judgement on Pensblog.
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,331
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:29 pm
Location: Gasp! The Clamboni!

Re: Pensblog a bit out of line

Postby emptyfriend on Fri May 29, 2009 12:04 pm

Maestro wrote:
You just equated stabbing your neighbor to the Pensblog posting a picture on a website.

This thread has officially gone overboard.


That's your personal opinion Jesse. This thread has gone overboard TO YOU.

(using the individualistic logic that says anything goes)


It IS about personal opinion....I'm not a sheep, I don't have to do what society tells me to do......Physical harm IS NOT the same as speech. The 1st amendment protects us all, no just the "idiots" as you so eloquently put it. Being hurt by words is plain ridiculous. They are words. How can what comes out of a persons mouth hurt you? It is an individuals right to say WHATEVER they choose, whether the masses agree or not. And if everyone just went along with the mass society as you claim to be the right thing to do, we wouldn't even be the United States of America. The "mob" mentality isn't always correct....
emptyfriend
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,123
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:38 pm

Re: Pensblog a bit out of line

Postby dave1328 on Fri May 29, 2009 12:04 pm

canaan wrote:
darkstar57 wrote:There is a difference because they make [south park and family guy] fun of everything.

tpb doesn't?

Are the guys on the pensblog going to start making bad taste jokes about guys on the penguins too?


we have...i know for a fact i did when i was writing over there.

Are they going to start making fun of themselves and their families in bad taste now?


this has been done as well.

That is the difference, south park and family guy make fun of everything and anything, these guys are just attacking other teams players, that is just pour taste, that makes us just like the Cryers and Crapitals fans. Do you want to be like the cyers and crapitals fans, i for one don't want to.


cryers, crapitals...now that's completely original humor that is never classified as indicative of a lesser fanbase.

the 3 local guys are most likely hoping they get picked up by the national media some how and gets more hits to there website for a few days, sort of like last year when they bashed that guy from the 2008 wings parade blog because he was excited for his team.


the guy last year made a parade route blog before the series started. worthy of jobbing. done. success.

Again they did the same move i expect of cryers and crapitals fan.


no team's fans wouldve ragged the guy that made that blog? me thinks you are being disingenuous to prove a, so far, very shallow point.

the Sh*t episode was basically to make a mockery of the FCC and the fact that it took them so long to implement that change, do you remember Carlin's 7 words you can't say on tv bit. The cripple fight being a double standard? what are you talking about? South park has made fun of blacks, whites, Chinese, Mexicans, Christianity, Muslims, Jews, rednecks, Oprah, Rebulicans, democrats, they have even made fun of pan flute bands, name me on things south park has not made fun of yet? They you can say its a double standard.


So just because thepensblog hasnt gotten around to making fun of the jews, muslims, oprah, etc that TPB is somehow worse than South park... go on...i would love to hear more of your thoughts on this topic.

This is the type of stuff i expect out of Cryers fans and Crapitals fan honestly, be lament over the fact how disrespected they are, guess what, doing this stuff makes us on the same level.


thepensblog has nothing to do with you as a fan. dont equate the two. its not like, devoid of tpb, the other fans of the NHL think too highly of this fanbase anyway....seeing as that the team almost left to KC because of low turn-out. in fact, i see a good amount of similarities between the penguins and capitals' fanbases...as much as you might not like to hear that.


but, go on, do your song, you keep telling yourself that tpb is the black eye on the fanbase. :thumb:



Damn Canaan must be the busdriver cause he just took you to school...I'm sure there's a limodriver joke in there somewhere but I guess I should avoid it for now
dave1328
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:49 pm

Re: Pensblog a bit out of line

Postby Vanbiesbrouck on Fri May 29, 2009 12:08 pm

Bottom line -- Some people think it's funny, some people don't. Who cares? You're not going to convince either side to see it your way since...shocking...They don't!

If unbiased accurate reporting about hockey is your goal, and you are a person who gets offended by things, TPB is probably not your place to read. If you don't like it, stop reading. If you think it's funny, keep reading. There's no reason to go to another site and whine about it, either way.
Vanbiesbrouck
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 819
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:50 pm

Re: Pensblog a bit out of line

Postby JS© on Fri May 29, 2009 12:12 pm

Image

The horse has been beaten enough, can we move on?
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 21,370
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:52 am
Location: hello guv'nor

Re: Pensblog a bit out of line

Postby Lumbergh on Fri May 29, 2009 12:51 pm

canaan wrote:meh.

family guy does it and its funny.
south park does it and its funny.
its a travesty when thepensblog does it.


Who have you found that says this? What made you come to this fake conclusion? Was it, uh, nothing? Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was nothing. Way to make stuff up to support your argument. Woooooo!!!!!
Lumbergh
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 670
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:21 pm
Location: Bethel Park, PA

Re: Pensblog a bit out of line

Postby ShipHockey7 on Fri May 29, 2009 12:58 pm

I thought it was funny and I laughed, relax people its just a joke
ShipHockey7
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,326
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:27 pm
Location: Harrisburg, PA

Re: Pensblog a bit out of line

Postby tperko on Fri May 29, 2009 12:59 pm

ShipHockey7 wrote:I thought it was funny and I laughed, relax people its just a joke


:scared:
tperko
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,991
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: no handlebars

Re: Pensblog a bit out of line

Postby Vanbiesbrouck on Fri May 29, 2009 1:02 pm

ShipHockey7 wrote:I thought it was funny and I laughed, relax people its just a joke


But the internet is a place to post things that will change the world one comment at a time.

This whole discussion, from the OP onward, is actually not Penguins related. The sooner you all get over yourselves, the sooner it will disappear.
Vanbiesbrouck
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 819
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:50 pm

Re: Pensblog a bit out of line

Postby Juice on Fri May 29, 2009 1:05 pm

The things said in this thread will echo for eternity on the internet.
Or until Admin gets a hold of it.
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,821
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:23 pm
Location: beyondauction [16:54:33] you are scammer

Re: Pensblog a bit out of line

Postby Tico Rick on Fri May 29, 2009 1:07 pm

Actually, the internet is a place where the lowest common denominator wins out. It's kind of like television that way.
Tico Rick
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,877
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:12 am
Location: Disco is dead.

Re: Pensblog a bit out of line

Postby nocera on Fri May 29, 2009 1:11 pm

The best humor is born out of tragedy. Mainstream comics are doing 9/11 jokes, racism jokes, etc. A Nation's tragedies have constantly been turned to fodder for comedy. If we can joke about the biggest attack against and slaughter of American lives, we can joke about a dude who got into a car accident.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,692
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:02 pm

Re: Pensblog a bit out of line

Postby pfim on Fri May 29, 2009 1:11 pm

Let's just agree to disagree and lock the thread. Sorry if I'm infringing on your personal liberties :P
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,792
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:35 am
Location: Sitting in front of my computer

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests


e-mail