Offical trade deadline thread......

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Offical trade deadline thread......

Postby Mountaineer on Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:19 pm

11 days and counting.

Post your predictions here, Pens fans.

Recchi to Philly for a second-rounder.

Leclair to Toronto for Antropov.

Hrdina for Zubrus.
Mountaineer
 

Postby Shinoix on Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:01 pm

Toronto would not give up Antropov for LeClair....no way in hell. Antropov is starting to show glimpses and has developed into a great Penalty Killer.

And call me crazy, but I'm believing the media about Recchi wanting to stay in Pittsburgh, and how they're going to keep him.

I could see Jackman being dealt, teams could use that PP point man for the playoffs.

I hope they don't trade Bog's , I'm starting to like him and I think he'll be a great 2nd or 3rd liner for us.
Shinoix
 

Postby jmh70 on Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:23 pm

Gonchar for Jamie Pushor.
jmh70
 

Re: Offical trade deadline thread......

Postby DanThePensFan on Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:52 am

Mountaineer wrote:Hrdina for Zubrus.


I admit, I've literally been living in a cave the past couple of years, but last I read on this board, wasn't this already a done deal?
DanThePensFan
 

Deadline

Postby Gaucho on Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:25 am

Jani Rita for a 1948 Rita Hayworth calendar. B & W, of course. Cory Cross and Eric Cairns for a Sergei Zubov bobblehead. Konstantin Koltsov for a broken clock. Hey, at least it got hands.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 39,277
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:22 am
Location: Jay Landsman's cookie jar

Postby Bowser on Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:39 am

Gaucho - that's a good one. at least a clock has hands... lol, too much.

LeClair is going to be gone very soon... the others I just don't know.

Is Recchi seriously going to turn down the chance to play for a Cup contending team?
Bowser
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 7,963
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:08 am

Postby JS© on Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:43 am

That Zubov bobblehead might help us on the powerplay, but just like the real Zubov, I have this feeling it's not gonna shoot the puck.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 19,273
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:52 am
Location: hiding behind a random red couch

Re: Deadline

Postby penny lane on Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:35 am

Gaucho wrote:Jani Rita for a 1948 Rita Hayworth calendar. B & W, of course. Cory Cross and Eric Cairns for a Sergei Zubov bobblehead. Konstantin Koltsov for a broken clock. Hey, at least it got hands.


:lol:
About Kontantin Koltsov IF, IF, he can continue to play well...maybe
improve the penguins PK for the end of this season; that's a contribution
to the team. KK hits like a bull; I think he worth saving.

***maybe CP's last penguin trading deadline***
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 27,822
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:29 pm
Location: 20 minute efforts = see you in september

Postby Draftnik on Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:14 pm

The only thing the Pens have to offer that other teams will be interested in is Cap space. They can't afford to use it though, so I don't see anything happening unless a team wants Jackman for their PP.

It will be interesting to see if contenders unload some of their bad contracts by offering under the Cap non-contending teams enticement like prospects and picks.
Draftnik
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,011
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:52 pm
Location: Peters Twp.

Re: Offical trade deadline thread......

Postby FlyerNation on Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:46 pm

Mountaineer wrote:11 days and counting.

Post your predictions here, Pens fans.

Recchi to Philly for a second-rounder.

Leclair to Toronto for Antropov.

Hrdina for Zubrus.


No way Toronto lets Antropov go for anything less than a first rounder. Quinn and the orginization has been dangling him to every potential buyer for the past 5 seasons and everytime it's Antropov for a 1st or star player. No way does Quinn let him go for little ( Leclair = Little) or he finally says what we've known all along that Antropov is a bust and borderline NHL'er.
FlyerNation
 

Postby Bowser on Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:53 pm

The days of Pat Quinn holding the cards is about over in Toronto.
Bowser
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 7,963
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:08 am

Re: Deadline

Postby BritishPenguin on Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:15 pm

penny lane wrote:
Gaucho wrote:Jani Rita for a 1948 Rita Hayworth calendar. B & W, of course. Cory Cross and Eric Cairns for a Sergei Zubov bobblehead. Konstantin Koltsov for a broken clock. Hey, at least it got hands.


:lol:
About Kontantin Koltsov IF, IF, he can continue to play well...maybe
improve the penguins PK for the end of this season; that's a contribution
to the team. KK hits like a bull; I think he worth saving.

***maybe CP's last penguin trading deadline***


I don't mind Koltsov, he gets a bit of a rough deal. From what I've seen of him he could prove a useful player.

I wouldn't be too disappointed if Cross left. Recchi and LeClair are almost certainly favourites for trading. We can probably shift a few.

To bring in - some defensive steel and maybe a couple of attackers.
BritishPenguin
 

Postby Steve on Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:38 pm

one rumored trade is Mountaineer + Ziggystardust for Flyernation and a poster to be named later....

seriously, i hope no one is expecting alot in return for leclair or recchi, if they are traded at the deadline....

Let's go Pens!
Steve
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,605
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:56 am
Location: Maryland

Postby Daniel on Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:02 pm

Steve wrote:seriously, i hope no one is expecting alot in return for leclair or recchi, if they are traded at the deadline....


Frankly, if the Pens can get rid of LeClair, Recchi, etc. for future considerations, I would consider it a huge return.
Daniel
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,099
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 4:10 pm
Location: Dallas

Postby FlyerNation on Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:13 pm

Steve wrote:one rumored trade is Mountaineer + Ziggystardust for Flyernation and a poster to be named later....

Throw in a bag of pucks for NIN and the deal is done!
FlyerNation
 

Postby tluke53 on Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:38 pm

Every year Craig makes a real minor deal that brings over a guy who has intial success but ultimatly does not stay in town.

Donavan
Perjita
Jackman (Jury is still out)
Tarnstrom


(Sorry, for the bad spelling)

Something like this will happen this year.
tluke53
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,590
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 4:50 pm
Location: All over the place

Postby ExPatriatePen on Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:54 pm

FlyerNation wrote:
Steve wrote:one rumored trade is Mountaineer + Ziggystardust for Flyernation and a poster to be named later....

Throw in a bag of pucks for NIN and the deal is done!


Don't we have enough Goons already...

...Just kidding on both counts.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,719
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:57 pm
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.


Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

e-mail