Official GDT - Penguins @ Kings - 11/1

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Postby André on Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:19 am

relantel wrote:
Deas wrote:
Stoosh wrote:
gotta LOVE IT but i hate for them to always play catch up all the time i know they can't score first all the time but sometimes it's a bit scary watching and waiting for the first goal to come on the catch up

This team is going to blow some leads because 1) all teams blow leads from time to time, and 2) even moreso when they're a young team. This is a young team. It's really nice to see them show some fortitude and come back, though. There are a lot of players in that locker room playing a more mature game than their age would necessarily indicate.

We picked up our 14th point in our 10th game of the year. We didn't pick up our 14th point last year until our 17th game last year. That was the infamous Montreal game where Sid sent Theodore's water bottle a-flyin'.

They had 14 points after 17 games last year? That's alot better than I thought =)

Oddly enough that 17th game last year was the SO win over Montreal

No ****? ;)
André
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby the wicked child on Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:19 am

Wow. Who the hell picked those stars?
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby André on Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:19 am

Jesse wrote:
Deas wrote:
Stoosh wrote:
gotta LOVE IT but i hate for them to always play catch up all the time i know they can't score first all the time but sometimes it's a bit scary watching and waiting for the first goal to come on the catch up

This team is going to blow some leads because 1) all teams blow leads from time to time, and 2) even moreso when they're a young team. This is a young team. It's really nice to see them show some fortitude and come back, though. There are a lot of players in that locker room playing a more mature game than their age would necessarily indicate.

We picked up our 14th point in our 10th game of the year. We didn't pick up our 14th point last year until our 17th game last year. That was the infamous Montreal game where Sid sent Theodore's water bottle a-flyin'.

They had 14 points after 17 games last year? That's alot better than I thought =)

Jesse: I don't think they stole the game. Pens had the 1st and 3rd period while Kings owned the 2nd.

Agreed, Deas. But by "stole" I was more meaning that they came back in the 3rd in a hostile environment and then pourded it on in OT.

Penguins 4-0 on the road this year.

Ah, then I'm with you =)

Got to leave now. Yeah, what a way to start the day!
André
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby relantel on Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:20 am

Pens jump NJ again for first in the Division... Still mystified by the non-star Malkin (and to a lesser extent Crosby)
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby relantel on Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:21 am

Deas wrote:
relantel wrote:
Deas wrote:
Stoosh wrote:

Oddly enough that 17th game last year was the SO win over Montreal

No ****? ;)

Bah, didn't see it nested higher. Dang it's late. ;)
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby FallenHero96 on Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:23 am

Malkin now has more goals than Ovechkin :lol:
FallenHero96
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby netwolf on Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:23 am

NIN wrote:I am one of the few poeple here who can acknowledge the fact that they are not DEFINATELY staying. I be all, "I can't beleive it.". I'm a survivor. :P

Big difference between saying they are not definitely staying and repeatedly claiming they're as good as gone, but you go ahead and rationalize it however you want. :P
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Zach6668 on Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:25 am

Jesse wrote:Sidney Crosby deserves the Capitancy of this team next year.

Man, Crosby deserves it NOW.
Zach6668
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby letsgopens87 on Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:27 am

OK, wow. FSN can't even discuss the freakin Penguin game on the "Penguins post-game show"
letsgopens87
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby ivand87 on Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:27 am

the wicked child wrote:Wow. Who the hell picked those stars?

Probably some *** who was watching the NBA. Unbelievable.
ivand87
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Jesse on Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:28 am

Good job tonight boys, way to stick it out and stay up.

I'm heading to bed even though I'm way too excited for it.

Go Pens!
Jesse
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby netwolf on Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:28 am

letsgopens87 wrote:OK, wow. FSN can't even discuss the freakin Penguin game on the "Penguins post-game show"

No time. The Steelers could still make the playoffs. :?
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby NIN on Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:31 am

netwolf wrote:
NIN wrote:I am one of the few poeple here who can acknowledge the fact that they are not DEFINATELY staying. I be all, "I can't beleive it.". I'm a survivor. :P

Big difference between saying they are not definitely staying and repeatedly claiming they're as good as gone, but you go ahead and rationalize it however you want. :P

OH OK so now it's MY fault that the team might leave. I'm sorry that my negative energy forced the local politicians to ignore the issure for seven years. Please everybody, blame me. :roll: :wink: :shock:
NIN

Postby Jim on Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:32 am

Stevens25 wrote:
netwolf wrote:Nice job by FSP to be buzzkills by opening with the Steelers. :?

Is it too much to ask to have the Pens postgame immediately after the game, especially since half of the intermissions are non-hockey related?

My thoughts exactly. Jeez. :roll:

I have commented on their horrible post-game coverage before.
Jim
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Corban87 on Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:01 am

Whoohoooo way to go Pens!!!

What a great time to be a Pens fan!
Corban87

Postby SteelTown66 on Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:10 am

To be honest, fellas....I don't think FSN Pgh wants to do the post-game interviews live. So they gave Potash some time to tape the interview with Rex and post-game wrap up with Steigy and Errey. Calm down. As soon as those are taped, they go right to the coverage. Geez, you guys are needy.
SteelTown66
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby SteelTown66 on Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:12 am

At least NHL.com has Malkin as the #1 star of the night.
SteelTown66
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Senka on Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:12 am

I stayed up till 1:30 but i slept in super long. i didnt have to wake up till 7:00! :lol:
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Mad City Mike on Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:42 am

Stoosh wrote:
They need Oprik back there with Whitney and they need Melichar on the third pairing.

This will never work. They are the two most positionally unsound d-men on the team. This pairing would be a disaster. There would never be a defenseman in front of the net. It would be three on the goalie out front every night.
Mad City Mike
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Maestro on Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:59 am

I admit I was a bit disappointed by last night's game - they're in LA and not one close up of a hot chick? Almost as disappointing as the 2nd goal MAF gave up.
Maestro
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby nexguy66 on Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:17 pm

There was an issue with the 3 star selection of some MTL players when they lost. I know there is something wrong with the selection... maybe it should be based on some sort of formula with a little input from humans. Smart humans!
nexguy66
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins