The Wheeling Nailers have several internship opportunities available to local college students for the 2006-2007 summer, fall and spring terms.
Via the internship, students have the opportunity to make key business contacts and learn in a hands-on working environment. If you are motivated, creative, independent and have a passion for sports, you have what it takes!
Internships are unpaid, and must be done for college credit. In addition, interns will be required to assist in game night activities for all home games.
Here is a list of basic responsibilities:
- Assisting with on-ice/pre-game promotions
- KidsÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ Club Program / Maintain Fan Assistance Booth at all Home Games
- Assisting with set-up and tear-down / Controlling Parking area
- Finding intermission contestants
- Additional duties assigned on a game by game basis
- In-Office Duties
- Distribute information and schedules through-out community
- Building and maintaining fan and lead list database
- Sponsor tracking through newspaper clips, radio and PA scripts
- Internet research
- Coming up with creative promotions / on-ice activities
- Help with all mailings
- Miscellaneous office duties and additional items as assigned
Interested candidates should forward a cover letter and resume to the Wheeling Nailers at:
Wheeling Nailers / Attn: Kelly Clutter
1315 Main Street
Wheeling, WV 26003
Via Fax: 304-233-2846
No phone inquires please.