Malkin Update on Russian Newspaper

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Malkin Update on Russian Newspaper

Postby Bowser on Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:18 pm

http://sport.gazeta.ru/sport/2006/08/a_734394.shtml

Headline: Malkin deceived "magnitku"

Napadayushchiy of Magnitogorsk "metallurgist" Yevgeny Malkin on Saturday arbitrarily left the arrangement of command. Is similar, hockey player, who recently opened in native Magnitogorsk restaurant- prison "VIP- zone", decided "to be freed" earlier and to nevertheless leave for the club NKHL "Pittsburgh Pingvinz".

The second output contract Yevgeny Malkin becomes the character of sensational communications. On past Sunday napadayushchiy together with its new agent by gennadi Ushakov met the President of Magnitogorsk "metallurgist" by Victor rashnikov.

After several it is hour the negotiations of side they came to agreement. Forvard, which was being been going it was to fly for the ocean, where it expected in the club NKHL "Pittsburgh Pingvinz", it signed new contract with the "steel founders". On its conditions, Malkin became the player of Ural club up to 1 May of 2007. Moreover after this napadayushchiy acquired status of free agent. Furthermore, on the assertion of the Director-General Of "magnitki" gennadi velichkin, the wage of hockey player in comparison with the past season was reviewed to the side of an increase.

Thus, on the hands in Yevgeny Of malkina appeared the second contract. The first player signed during June in Toronto with the club "Pittsburgh". True, soon he lost force in connection with the refusal of the federation of the hockey of Russia to enter into the agreement between IIHF and NKHL. Vice President the leagues Of bill Of deyli permitted signing contracts with the Russian hockey players, beginning from 7 August. However, Malkin placed its signature earlier, and now, if it wants to nevertheless ask happinesses in NKHL, again it will appear in the office of "penguins".

Most likely, for the ocean for this Saturday left Malkin. As reported to correspondent "gazety..Ru" source in the Magnitogorsk "metallurgist", who is located in Finland on the training collection, napadayushchiy departed from the arrangement of command, even without having placed in the reputation management. "Malkina on the hands has all necessary documents in order to depart into Canada. Including open visa ", refined the source.

The Director-General of club gennadi velichkin the commentaries thus far rejects. Between those earlier he actually designated his indifference to the continuation of the career of hockey player in the "metallurgist": "to us it tired to educate players and to lose them, obtaining instead of from enkhaelovtsev of crumb.

And, in principle, if we obtain as a result from "Pittsburgh" worthy compensation, this will be the same victory, as if it remained ". It is remarkable, that after the signing of new contract with The "magnitkoy" Yevgeny Malkin in every way possible rejected any commentaries. But the American agent of the hockey player of GEE of pi Of berri stated on that side of ocean that most napadayushchiy in the conversation with it reported that, in spite of agreement with the Magnitogorsk club, he wants to conduct the forthcoming season in "Pittsburgh".

It is similar, forvard really laughed above the efforts of native club, it will return not soon into the Ural city. After leaving to the farewell its own restaurant "VIP- zone", in which on 31 July celebrated its birthday.
Bowser
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby saleen66 on Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:26 pm

I wish those translators made any sense lol. This sounds pretty good also. I hope he is coming to sign his official contract in Toronto. It said he could only get to canada. Common Pens, Get 'R Done!
saleen66
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: Malkin Update on Russian Newspaper

Postby jimreb on Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:36 pm

Bowser wrote:http://sport.gazeta.ru/sport/2006/08/a_734394.shtml

Headline: Malkin deceived "magnitku"

Napadayushchiy of Magnitogorsk "metallurgist" Yevgeny Malkin on Saturday arbitrarily left the arrangement of command. Is similar, hockey player, who recently opened in native Magnitogorsk restaurant- prison "VIP- zone", decided "to be freed" earlier and to nevertheless leave for the club NKHL "Pittsburgh Pingvinz".

The second output contract Yevgeny Malkin becomes the character of sensational communications. On past Sunday napadayushchiy together with its new agent by gennadi Ushakov met the President of Magnitogorsk "metallurgist" by Victor rashnikov.

After several it is hour the negotiations of side they came to agreement. Forvard, which was being been going it was to fly for the ocean, where it expected in the club NKHL "Pittsburgh Pingvinz", it signed new contract with the "steel founders". On its conditions, Malkin became the player of Ural club up to 1 May of 2007. Moreover after this napadayushchiy acquired status of free agent. Furthermore, on the assertion of the Director-General Of "magnitki" gennadi velichkin, the wage of hockey player in comparison with the past season was reviewed to the side of an increase.

Thus, on the hands in Yevgeny Of malkina appeared the second contract. The first player signed during June in Toronto with the club "Pittsburgh". True, soon he lost force in connection with the refusal of the federation of the hockey of Russia to enter into the agreement between IIHF and NKHL. Vice President the leagues Of bill Of deyli permitted signing contracts with the Russian hockey players, beginning from 7 August. However, Malkin placed its signature earlier, and now, if it wants to nevertheless ask happinesses in NKHL, again it will appear in the office of "penguins".

Most likely, for the ocean for this Saturday left Malkin. As reported to correspondent "gazety..Ru" source in the Magnitogorsk "metallurgist", who is located in Finland on the training collection, napadayushchiy departed from the arrangement of command, even without having placed in the reputation management. "Malkina on the hands has all necessary documents in order to depart into Canada. Including open visa ", refined the source.

The Director-General of club gennadi velichkin the commentaries thus far rejects. Between those earlier he actually designated his indifference to the continuation of the career of hockey player in the "metallurgist": "to us it tired to educate players and to lose them, obtaining instead of from enkhaelovtsev of crumb.

And, in principle, if we obtain as a result from "Pittsburgh" worthy compensation, this will be the same victory, as if it remained ". It is remarkable, that after the signing of new contract with The "magnitkoy" Yevgeny Malkin in every way possible rejected any commentaries. But the American agent of the hockey player of GEE of pi Of berri stated on that side of ocean that most napadayushchiy in the conversation with it reported that, in spite of agreement with the Magnitogorsk club, he wants to conduct the forthcoming season in "Pittsburgh".

It is similar, forvard really laughed above the efforts of native club, it will return not soon into the Ural city. After leaving to the farewell its own restaurant "VIP- zone", in which on 31 July celebrated its birthday.

Thanks, Bowser, Now translate the English. I have no idea what that just said. :lol:
jimreb
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby jmh470 on Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:40 pm

LetsGoPingvinz.com
jmh470
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby 25+66+22=#1 on Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:40 pm

Sergei ?, Gregilli ?, Tomas ? I like everyone else read this and get the general impression, but some of it is harder to understand than the Russian language version.
25+66+22=#1
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Bowser on Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:40 pm

Jimreb - I've always wanted to learn Russian, don't know why I just didn't take a further education class to do it.

Pretty much, Metallurg knows Malkin has escaped the team and Russian officials in Finland for Canada. From there, he'll finalize his work visa for the United States and the Pittsburgh Penguins.

Trust me, the US and Canadian gov't knew this was coming.
Bowser
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby jimreb on Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:48 pm

Bowser wrote:Jimreb - I've always wanted to learn Russian, don't know why I just didn't take a further education class to do it.

Pretty much, Metallurg knows Malkin has escaped the team and Russian officials in Finland for Canada. From there, he'll finalize his work visa for the United States and the Pittsburgh Penguins.

Trust me, the US and Canadian gov't knew this was coming.

That's awesome. I just wish another news source besides this gazeta.ru would validate this story.
jimreb
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Bowser on Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:49 pm

Jimreb - I'm working my hardest to get a comment from the Pens, NHL, or his agents about this report.
Bowser
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby gregor on Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:57 pm

I'll bet all of this drama is good for site traffic! :D
gregor
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby gregill96 on Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:59 pm

Quick summary:
Metallurg forward Malkin has left the team. Then they discuss how he recently signed a new contract on his terms after negotiations with the team president. Also, according to Velichkin he received a raise.
Thus, he ended up with two contracts. The first contract was the one he signed in Toronto with Pittsburgh. But since the NHL - IIHF agreement was not signed it was likely a wasted effort. Since Daly allowed clubs to sign Russian players starting August 7th, if Malkin wants to play in the NHL, he has to once again show up at the Penguins' office.
Most likely this is where Malkin was headed on Saturday. According to a source from the Metallurg camp, Malkin left without giving any notice to club management. He has all of his necessary documents to travel to Canada, including an open visa.
Currently, Velichkin is refusing to comment. Earlier he showed his indifference to whether Malkin continues his career with Metallurg by saying that receiving good compensation is as good as the player actually staying with the team.
It is interesting that Malkin refused to comment after signing his new contract with Metallurg. And since then, J.P. Barry has said that Malkin still wants to play in the NHL. It seems that the player has laughed at the attempts of his native club and will not return anytime soon. He has left behind his new restaurant "VIP zone" where he celebrated his birthday July 31st.

------------------------------------------
I just want to comment that gazeta.ru is not a very reliable source for sports information. It leaves me optimistic but I would really like to see sport-express or sovsport carry similar information.
gregill96

Postby Shinoix on Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:06 pm

I can seriously read and understand women better than I can understand Malkin and his intentions.

...oh wait, I forgot, Malkin wants to play in the NHL this season...LOL
Shinoix

Postby Bowser on Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:08 pm

GregG - Something is up, it took the NHL executive, all of 3 minutes to return my inquiry.
Bowser
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Shinoix on Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:09 pm

what did u say Bowser? What did they say?
Shinoix

Postby Bowser on Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:13 pm

I posted on new thread - "We support Mr. Malkin's right to make personal choices."

I have given my source's name to RJ.
Bowser
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Admin on Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:24 pm

gregor wrote:I'll bet all of this drama is good for site traffic! :D

It's a bit busier than a normal off-season Saturday. :shock:
Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ben Klingston on Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:35 pm

Admin wrote:
gregor wrote:I'll bet all of this drama is good for site traffic! :D

It's a bit busier than a normal off-season Saturday. :shock:

Seriously. Man, it's is about the most beautiful, perfect-weather weekend here in the burgh that we've had all summer, and I'm spending the afternoon parked in front of my computer hitting the refresh button.

I'm such a loser. :D
Ben Klingston
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Ironhorse on Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:36 pm

Welcome to the club. Beautiful here in Va too!
Ironhorse
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Bowser on Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:37 pm

BK - same here. I was going to run about 5 miles today and now, I'm sitting here getting a stiff back.
Bowser
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Ben Klingston on Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:40 pm

Bowser wrote:BK - same here. I was going to run about 5 miles today and now, I'm sitting here getting a stiff back.

Ahh, that's what treadmills are for!
Ben Klingston
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Bowser on Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:46 pm

BK - I don't know, I'm deciding between an ab lounger or treadmill. I should probably buy both. having a baby, I've gained about 20 lbs, I'd rather just lose or turn into muscle.
Bowser
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby pcm on Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:47 pm

Bowser wrote: having a baby, I've gained about 20 lbs, I'd rather just lose or turn into muscle.

Here I always thought you were a guy...
pcm
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Bowser on Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:50 pm

PCM - I am. When my wife ate, I just had to join her. Now, she lost the baby weight and then some, I'm still haning around with the extra 20 lbs.
Bowser
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Ben Klingston on Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:03 pm

Bowser wrote:BK - I don't know, I'm deciding between an ab lounger or treadmill. I should probably buy both. having a baby, I've gained about 20 lbs, I'd rather just lose or turn into muscle.

You've got a PM.
Ben Klingston
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby gregill96 on Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:05 pm

New short article on SovSport - Malkin escapes to America
http://www.sovsport.ru/news/default.asp?id=232640

It's good to have another source on this. :D
gregill96

Postby Ron` on Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:06 pm

And it's a great day for hockey in Pittsburgh once again! Now the rollercoaster comes home it seems :)
Ron`
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Next

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins