Kessel

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Kessel

Postby mayday56 on Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:30 pm

Im no scout but Phil just looks un interested! The Pens need to trade him while he is worth something.. Im usally not overly critical but it sure looks obvious that he is dogging it. At least it looks like Tanner Pearson is trying out on the Ice. If Sully put Blueger in the pressbox again after tonight its time to throw in the towel
mayday56
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Re: Kessel

Postby murphydump55 on Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:52 pm

mayday56 wrote:Im no scout but Phil just looks un interested! The Pens need to trade him while he is worth something.. Im usally not overly critical but it sure looks obvious that he is dogging it. At least it looks like Tanner Pearson is trying out on the Ice. If Sully put Blueger in the pressbox again after tonight its time to throw in the towel

Your name matches your outlook.

Phil is streaky. Always has been.
murphydump55
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Location: the real hockeyville and apparently a janitor from Eastern Canada LOL

Postby Puck-Lurker on Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:31 am

No.

No.

No.

No, no, no.

Now give him a hotdog.
Puck-Lurker
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Penspal on Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:27 am

murphydump55 wrote:
mayday56 wrote:Im no scout but Phil just looks un interested! The Pens need to trade him while he is worth something.. Im usally not overly critical but it sure looks obvious that he is dogging it. At least it looks like Tanner Pearson is trying out on the Ice. If Sully put Blueger in the pressbox again after tonight its time to throw in the towel

Your name matches your outlook.

Phil is streaky. Always has been.

I lol'ed at that one MD55... but if I were you, i'd not be bringing up "names" here, while I'm old enough to appreciate how fantastic Larry Murphy's dumps were.... well, I'm pretty sure most younger people go somewhere else with your name.

Kessel is streaky, and when he's not scoring, its because he's not shooting. Big Surprise.
Penspal
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby stonewizard51 on Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:30 am

Phil is a sniper and not the best on the "D" end of things and, as murphydump55 said, he's streaky. Usually his best games are of the playoff variety and as long as he produces his best effort there I'm not too worried about his streaky playing during the regular season. No way do I think he needs to go.
stonewizard51
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby RisslingsMissingTeeth on Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:50 am

I'm with the OP here and it didn't even really jump out at me until last night. Sure he is streaky, but lately he has been invisible and for the money, invisible simply isn't tolerable.
RisslingsMissingTeeth
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby lemieuxReturns on Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:52 am

Phil needs a damn center.
lemieuxReturns
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Cow_Master66 on Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:54 am

It's because Tanner Pearson is 10X the player Kessel is.
Cow_Master66
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Pitts on Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:54 pm

I agree. Let's trade one of our top performers. Who needs the lazy bum. Throw in that disaster Johnson and get Kucherov!
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Pens4Life on Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:20 pm

OMG, another trade Kessel post..

NO NO NO ,to trading him! now lets move on..
Pens4Life
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby longtimefan on Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:59 pm

I don't understand the thinking that guys like Phil and Geno are dogging it. That's actually ridiculous. Geno's has been off most of the season, and Phil's in a slump. Players look slower, hence lazier, when they're struggling. Lack of confidence leads to indecisiveness, which leads them to being a step slower to react. If we were to trade someone every time they struggle, Sid would have been sent packing in December 2015.
longtimefan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby LimerickPensFan on Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:14 pm

longtimefan wrote:I don't understand the thinking that guys like Phil and Geno are dogging it. That's actually ridiculous. Geno's has been off most of the season, and Phil's in a slump. Players look slower, hence lazier, when they're struggling. Lack of confidence leads to indecisiveness, which leads them to being a step slower to react. If we were to trade someone every time they struggle, Sid would have been sent packing in December 2015.

It leads to coaches accusing players of trying to pass the puck into the net.

Where have I heard that lately?
LimerickPensFan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Maestro on Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:22 pm

I agree. It's time to move Phil.

Spoiler:
Permanently to the 2nd line
Maestro
AHL'er
AHL'er