Shop for Pittsburgh Penguins 2017 Stanley Cup Champs Fan Gear and Collectibles

Need help testing new LGP site

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Need help testing new LGP site

Postby Admin on Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:05 pm

I am planning on moving LetsGoPens.com to a new site soon and need some help testing if you have a chance. Please go to http://172.93.96.211/ and let me know if you see anything wrong (other than the last post being last July...). The move will include all posts to present.

Thanks in advance,
RJ
Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 11,662
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:04 am

Re: Need help testing new LGP site

Postby Puck-Lurker on Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:17 pm

Pictures that load while on the phone. Love it.

Question.

Should we be test posting there, to see if we can't break it? :-)
Puck-Lurker
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,167
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:49 am
Location: Is apparently an annoying poster.

Re: Need help testing new LGP site

Postby Admin on Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:20 pm

Puck-Lurker wrote:Pictures that load while on the phone. Love it.

Question.

Should we be test posting there, to see if we can't break it? :-)

Feel free to post there but any post at the new site will eventually get wiped once I back up this database and move it over.
Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 11,662
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:04 am

Re: Need help testing new LGP site

Postby Jim on Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:22 pm

I'm not having any issues.

It's odd having the user info on the right instead of the left, but that isn't important and will get used to it quickly.
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,889
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:18 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Need help testing new LGP site

Postby Admin on Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:42 pm

Jim wrote:It's odd having the user info on the right instead of the left, but that isn't important and will get used to it quickly.

I forgot that was even changed in the software. The mobile version puts the user at the top.
Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 11,662
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:04 am

Re: Need help testing new LGP site

Postby Puck-Lurker on Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:53 pm

Admin wrote:
Puck-Lurker wrote:Pictures that load while on the phone. Love it.

Question.

Should we be test posting there, to see if we can't break it? :-)

Feel free to post there but any post at the new site will eventually get wiped once I back up this database and move it over.


  • The youtube tags are not currently working. I realise that might be one of the things low on any priority list.
  • When using the spoiler tags, the "show/hide" button is well visible. The text barely readable however.

... and Admin is already fixing stuff in the background as I edit. :thumb: :thumb:
Puck-Lurker
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,167
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:49 am
Location: Is apparently an annoying poster.

Re: Need help testing new LGP site

Postby Toolsteelguy on Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:12 pm

Are you stuck with the color theme ? I use my phone exclusively and find the dark background difficult to read. My current view is black on a light blue background and works great.
Toolsteelguy
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed May 10, 2017 6:19 pm

Re: Need help testing new LGP site

Postby Admin on Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:30 pm

Toolsteelguy wrote:Are you stuck with the color theme ? I use my phone exclusively and find the dark background difficult to read. My current view is black on a light blue background and works great.

There is a light theme that looks better on a phone. Log in at the new site and switch your theme to prosilver. Looks very similar to the current mobile theme.
Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 11,662
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:04 am

Re: Need help testing new LGP site

Postby Admin on Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:48 pm

Puck-Lurker wrote:
  • The youtube tags are not currently working. I realise that might be one of the things low on any priority list.
  • When using the spoiler tags, the "show/hide" button is well visible. The text barely readable however.

Both are fixed now.
Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 11,662
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:04 am

Re: Need help testing new LGP site

Postby Puck-Lurker on Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:04 pm

Admin wrote:
Puck-Lurker wrote:
  • The youtube tags are not currently working. I realise that might be one of the things low on any priority list.
  • When using the spoiler tags, the "show/hide" button is well visible. The text barely readable however.

Both are fixed now.

Spoiler tag at this point in time doesn't trigger its code when used.

Currently how it looks :)
Code: Select all
[spoiler]text in spoiler tags[/spoiler]
Puck-Lurker
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,167
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:49 am
Location: Is apparently an annoying poster.

Re: Need help testing new LGP site

Postby Jim on Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:46 pm

Puck-Lurker wrote:
Admin wrote:
Puck-Lurker wrote:
  • The youtube tags are not currently working. I realise that might be one of the things low on any priority list.
  • When using the spoiler tags, the "show/hide" button is well visible. The text barely readable however.

Both are fixed now.

Spoiler tag at this point in time doesn't trigger its code when used.

Currently how it looks :)
Code: Select all
[spoiler]text in spoiler tags[/spoiler]


Leave it that way so that "spoilers" spoil it for those that think spoilers spoil things.
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,889
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:18 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Need help testing new LGP site

Postby Admin on Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:00 pm

Fixed now. I think. Ha-ha.
Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 11,662
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:04 am

Re: Need help testing new LGP site

Postby Toolsteelguy on Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:44 am

Admin wrote:
Toolsteelguy wrote:Are you stuck with the color theme ? I use my phone exclusively and find the dark background difficult to read. My current view is black on a light blue background and works great.

There is a light theme that looks better on a phone. Log in at the new site and switch your theme to prosilver. Looks very similar to the current mobile theme.


I don’t see that option on the page but I’ll trust you in that.
Toolsteelguy
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed May 10, 2017 6:19 pm

Re: Need help testing new LGP site

Postby Admin on Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:23 am

Toolsteelguy wrote:
Admin wrote:
Toolsteelguy wrote:Are you stuck with the color theme ? I use my phone exclusively and find the dark background difficult to read. My current view is black on a light blue background and works great.

There is a light theme that looks better on a phone. Log in at the new site and switch your theme to prosilver. Looks very similar to the current mobile theme.

I don’t see that option on the page but I’ll trust you in that.

Log in, click on your username [upper-right of screen], User Control Panel, Board Preferences, change My Board Style from LGP to prosilver and click on Submit. Then click on Board Index and it'll change to the light theme.
Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 11,662
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:04 am

Re: Need help testing new LGP site

Postby Toolsteelguy on Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:19 pm

Admin wrote:
Toolsteelguy wrote:
Admin wrote:
Toolsteelguy wrote:Are you stuck with the color theme ? I use my phone exclusively and find the dark background difficult to read. My current view is black on a light blue background and works great.

There is a light theme that looks better on a phone. Log in at the new site and switch your theme to prosilver. Looks very similar to the current mobile theme.

I don’t see that option on the page but I’ll trust you in that.

Log in, click on your username [upper-right of screen], User Control Panel, Board Preferences, change My Board Style from LGP to prosilver and click on Submit. Then click on Board Index and it'll change to the light theme.


Ok that works. Thanks.
Toolsteelguy
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed May 10, 2017 6:19 pm

Re: Need help testing new LGP site

Postby Admin on Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:07 am

Toolsteelguy wrote:
Admin wrote:Log in, click on your username [upper-right of screen], User Control Panel, Board Preferences, change My Board Style from LGP to prosilver and click on Submit. Then click on Board Index and it'll change to the light theme.

Ok that works. Thanks.

:thumb:
Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 11,662
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:04 am

Re: Need help testing new LGP site

Postby penny lane on Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:20 am

Hi! Looks good. I always use the blue/silver color scheme.
Thank-you for doing what you do for us.
Diane
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 34,320
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:29 pm
Location: Through thick & thin; all out or all in~we'll get through together.

Re: Need help testing new LGP site

Postby BurghThing on Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:46 pm

:fist:
BurghThing
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,290
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:22 pm
Location: All You Can Eat Crow Tavern

Re: Need help testing new LGP site

Postby ville5 on Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:13 pm

Yes. Black and gold theme on my phone finally. :thumb:
ville5
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 7,119
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:17 pm
Location: getting body slammed by kelly kelly


Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests


e-mail