2019 LGP Summer Armchair GM Thread

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

2019 LGP Summer Armchair GM Thread

Postby FLPensFan on Fri May 17, 2019 1:18 pm

With all the trade talk and roster shakeup talk heading into the offseason, and the other thread getting a bit large and sometimes circular, I thought I would start a thread with a little bit of a game for us. You get to be the GM for the Penguins this summer

1. 2019-2020 cap is assumed to be 83M for the purpose of this thread.
2. Minimum player salary for 2019-2010 season is 700K. Keep that in mind if you are resigning RFAs or signing low end UFAs.
3. You can make up to 3 trades. Only 1 of which is allowed to be a 3 team trade.
4. If you want to trade Tristan Jarry in a separate deal, it won't count against your 3 trades. That's the only player exception.
5. All trades should attempt to be realistic. Let's not go trading Jarry for Connor McDavid, Kessel for Matthews and Marner, etc.
6. Trades must follow salary cap, salary retention, and roster limit rules.
7. [Optional] You can also list who you would draft for the Penguins in round 1, whether that is with their current pick in Round 1, or if you have them acquire a pick via trade.

I strongly suggest using CapFriendly's ArmChair GM as a guide if you want to play along. https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm. Choose Create Team, choose Penguins, set year to 2019-2020 and set cap to 83000000. You don't need an account on CapFriendly to make a team (but you do if you want to publish it with a link).

For now, let's only respond to this thread with your "entry" of what you would do in terms of trades/RFA resigns/UFA signings. After the weekend, say by 8am Monday, we can discuss some of the proposals. Looking for this to be fun, but, also interested to see if anyone comes up with some fresh ideas for possible trade targets, within reason, that maybe nobody else has considered in the big thread of off-season moves.
FLPensFan
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: 2019 LGP Summer Armchair GM Thread

Postby Jim on Fri May 17, 2019 4:32 pm

I hope that iFishyHD doesn't post her... because that person is... not college material.
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins