Game 22 vs Bolts - Thoughts from the Morning After

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.
Puck-Lurker
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Puck-Lurker »

Pens win 4-2

- Jarry :thumb: . Kept the Pens within reach and had some terrific saves. When he's off he's way off, but when he's on, he's the man. Beautiful goal too, he almost lobbed it all the way from end to end. First Penguins goalie to score, kudos.
- Pettersson is our best defensive player and it's not close. Using that reach to get his stick in while he's skating in another zip code. Also fairly sure he swatted that puck out of the goal late in the 3rd. Pettersson's prime is right now and it's impressive.
- JMFC scored. Expect him to play 18 of the next 15 games.
- Crosby line looks good, Malkin's line too. Smith gels with Geno and DOC does too. Keep them together please. I'm sure having Zohorna-Eller-Rakell would be just as fun as it sounds when the time comes.
- Nice to come away with 2 points after 30 minutes of effort.
Penspal
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Penspal »

Pens win 4-2

- Jekkyll & Hyde season continues, even within this game. 1st period garbage, 2nd period awake, 3rd quality play -> clinch
- Opening ceremony was incredible, but I do think it affects players. Its the only reason that I can come up with why Pens were :slug: in period 1
- Jarry goal was tres cool. Loving seeing Ned so thrilled for him. Wicked wrister... how fast was that shot? :D
- Sid started it, like he's always seems to do. Rupper's not wrong, that 1st goal & fist Pens goals stat needs to come up again.
- Vinnie H >> Harkins for the bottom 6. Harkins has more of a playoff style. Playing that way reg season gets you more PIMS & coach doghouse.
- I like the D shake-ups. When our D was playing well over the past years, it was because they all played together at parts.
- BIG game upcoming vs Philly, hoping we can give them a good old Penguins thrashing
Pens4Life
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: Game 22 vs Bolts - Thoughts from the Morning After

Post by Pens4Life »

I'm happy for Ludvig, getting rewarded for good games, then just keep him with Letang..
Graves is too expensive for bottom D pair on one hand tho, if he doesnt pick up soon,he might be on trade block..

Until Rakell returns I would also like to see Nieto - Eller - Acciari as 3rd line, Harkins got injured I heard, soo call up
Hinostroza and roll on 4th line with Zohorna - Carter - Hinostroza,
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Pens4Life wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:32 pm I'm happy for Ludvig, getting rewarded for good games, then just keep him with Letang..
Graves is too expensive for bottom D pair on one hand tho, if he doesnt pick up soon,he might be on trade block..

Until Rakell returns I would also like to see Nieto - Eller - Acciari as 3rd line, Harkins got injured I heard, soo call up
Hinostroza and roll on 4th line with Zohorna - Carter - Hinostroza,
Even if Harkins wasn’t injured Vinnie should had been playing over him and also Carter despite him scoring last night.
FLPensFan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by FLPensFan »

Here's to hoping our 4th line gets less than 5 minutes of TOI tonight. Acciari and Nieto both out of practice, Koopanen recalled.

Practice 4th line, Harkins-Koopanen-Carter