Random Penguins Fodder

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.
Waffles
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: Random Penguins Fodder

Post by Waffles »

He usually posts things like this minutes before news breaks, so who knows some two hours later. Hopefully good news. I'm going to take a break from the refreshing and circle back this afternoon.
FLPensFan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by FLPensFan »

From Rob Rossi article 5 minutes ago:

“There have been no requests and no permissions granted,” Dubas said in a text message to The Athletic.

(regarding giving permission or getting a request for permission around Sullivan and the Devils)
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by penny lane »

I would be happy with ownership & Mario in sync.
Return of Mario to more games and presence with the team.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

FLPensFan wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:08 pm From Rob Rossi article 5 minutes ago:

“There have been no requests and no permissions granted,” Dubas said in a text message to The Athletic.

(regarding giving permission or getting a request for permission around Sullivan and the Devils)
Something's brewing!
Pruezy11881
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Pruezy11881 »

KG wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:13 pm

Something's brewing!
Is it that Sullivan has lost faith in Dubas, or is it that Dubas bided his time and got players w/ input from the coach and gave it a full season for results? Give it time before something bigger needs to happen? Season is now over and Dubas has said to Sully that this is two years now and you had roster input and things aren't working out as planned. You need to adjust some things for us to be in a better position...maybe that hasn't sat well with Sully because he's been so well regarded previously. I'm just spitballing...
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by penny lane »

There is always someone who knows more.
largegarlic
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by largegarlic »

Pruezy11881 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:44 pm

Something's brewing!
Is it that Sullivan has lost faith in Dubas, or is it that Dubas bided his time and got players w/ input from the coach and gave it a full season for results? Give it time before something bigger needs to happen? Season is now over and Dubas has said to Sully that this is two years now and you had roster input and things aren't working out as planned. You need to adjust some things for us to be in a better position...maybe that hasn't sat well with Sully because he's been so well regarded previously. I'm just spitballing...
Yeah, who really knows? But I would find it odd if Sullivan is fed up with Dubas. Pretty much every other GM in the league would have fired Sullivan months ago, but Dubas just holds press conferences to re-affirm how great he thinks Sullivan is.
Antonio
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Antonio »

largegarlic wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:57 pm
Yeah, who really knows? But I would find it odd if Sullivan is fed up with Dubas. Pretty much every other GM in the league would have fired Sullivan YEARS ago, but Dubas just holds press conferences to re-affirm how great he thinks Sullivan is.
Fixed.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

Ericf
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Ericf »

Pruezy11881 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:44 pm

Something's brewing!
If anything, it would be the core losing faith in Sullivan. The only way Sullivan moves on is if Sid doesn’t want him back quite honestly. There’s no reason for Sullivan to lose faith in Dubas after less than a year but I could see where he might not be happy with the Jake trade. By a few games in, however, it was clear that Bunting was a better fit for a playoff push at least
largegarlic
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by largegarlic »

KG wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:03 pm
What does that mean? It says the "future of the coaching staff as a whole", but then "relating to assistants"? Is that implying Sullivan is going to the mat to keep his assistants?
Ericf
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Ericf »

largegarlic wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:27 pm
KG wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:03 pm
What does that mean? It says the "future of the coaching staff as a whole", but then "relating to assistants"? Is that implying Sullivan is going to the mat to keep his assistants?
Yes it is.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

Some more speculation. Not sure how Sullivan can say with a straight face he wants to keep Reirden after finishing with the 30th power play that has at least 3 hall of famers on it...

Antonio
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Antonio »

Jesus... what power struggle? **** ridiculous. You're the gm and president or whatever his stupid title is. Fire his stupid ass and all the trash below him already. It's like a parent and 5 year old having a "power struggle" over eating dinner. No struggle because one person has the actual power. Make the team eat their vegetables already and dump him.
Pens4Life
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Pens4Life »

Antonio wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:33 pm Jesus... what power struggle? **** ridiculous. You're the gm and president or whatever his stupid title is. Fire his stupid ass and all the trash below him already. It's like a parent and 5 year old having a "power struggle" over eating dinner. No struggle because one person has the actual power. Make the team eat their vegetables already and dump him.
Exactly.. fire them all ,f... this s**t already.. enough is enough!
Badger Bob
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Badger Bob »

Sullivan obviously feels the players are the issue with the power play.
largegarlic
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by largegarlic »

Antonio wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:33 pm Jesus... what power struggle? **** ridiculous. You're the gm and president or whatever his stupid title is. Fire his stupid ass and all the trash below him already. It's like a parent and 5 year old having a "power struggle" over eating dinner. No struggle because one person has the actual power. Make the team eat their vegetables already and dump him.
I guess the positive spin on it is that Sullivan is standing up for his guys working under him, and it'd be nice to have a boss like that. On the other hand, it's kinda ridiculous to defend Rierden in particular at this point and stake your own job on that.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

Feel like this is just going to lead to a mutual parting of the ways. Pens don't want to come out and fire Sully because of the history and Cups. They probably hired Human Resources firm to help to move on from Sully!
Tico Rick
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Tico Rick »

largegarlic wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:09 pm
I guess the positive spin on it is that Sullivan is standing up for his guys working under him, and it'd be nice to have a boss like that. On the other hand, it's kinda ridiculous to defend Rierden in particular at this point and stake your own job on that.
Yeah, it's indefensible that Sullivan would want to keep Reirden with the putrid performance of the PP this year. Yet I can see Sullivan standing his ground in hopes that he'll be fired, which would free him up to take the NJ job.
Antonio
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Antonio »

If sullivan wants that job I am pretty sure all he has to do is tell Dubas, hey I want out and it would all be done instantly.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

Last season there were rumors that there was mutual interest with the Rangers and Sullivan.

This season it’s the Devils.

Time to move on. He’s got wandering eyes lol
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by penny lane »

I certainly hope Gm Dubas does not cave to the return of Asst Coaches.
As we know the PP got worse. Coach Sullivan take a parting $$$ package and go make NJD a destination.
Sams_Dog
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Sams_Dog »

I don’t trust Rossi but the other guys seem to small something too. This may get interesting. I think Dubas knows that if he is going to replace Sullivan then he has to do it very soon because once the coaching carousel turns the guy he wants may not be available. So he might be forcing the issue with the assistants. He wants to pick them but Sully wants to do it on his own. I can see that being the problem. This might give Dubas the excuse he needs to let Sullivan go which is what needs to happen.

Prediction: Leafs lose tonight, Keefe is fired, Sullivan asks out and goes to NJ, and Dubas hires Keefe.
Tico Rick
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Tico Rick »

Antonio wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:22 pm If sullivan wants that job I am pretty sure all he has to do is tell Dubas, hey I want out and it would all be done instantly.
If he quits he doesn't get paid. He needs to be fired.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pitts »

Badger Bob wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:49 pm Sullivan obviously feels the players are the issue with the power play.
Well, I agree. All 5 of them are basically hall of famers, Top 10 players, blah., blah, blah...

What is a coach going to tell them? No, it's on those idiots to figure it out. They aren't pee-wees out there.