Mitch Ganzak

Forum for Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins and Wheeling Nailers messages.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Mitch Ganzak

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

For anyone who has an intimate knowledge of the Wheeling Nailers: What's up with Mitch Ganzak? I was filling out my grad school applications today and became quite side tracked and was looking on the Wheeling site and much to my surprise Mitch Ganzak is on the team now. I was unaware this happened. I went to college with Mitch and had a class with him and was a huge fan of his at Miami. On the Pens website it doesn't list him as in the system, but do the Pens have his rights? I know that he was with the Manitoba Moose last year but never knew he made it to Wheeling. Also, how is he playing? It seems that he is contributing offensively like he was at Miami, but I always thought he was a little bit of a liability defensively but his +/- rating (take it for what you will) seems quite solid. Should I purchase my Pens Mitch Ganzak jersey now?
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Mitch Ganzak

Post by Kicksave »

The Pens don't own rights to all the players on the Nailers or the Baby Pens. They are able to sign free agents to contracts to fill their rosters that are contracts for just those teams. The Pens, if they want to, can purchase their contracts from the minor league teams.
jimjom
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by jimjom »

I'll tell you this much, he has a great name. He should consider growing a mustache.
Nailers
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Nailers »

Ganzak has probably been the Nailers' best Dman this season. He earned 1 game in the AHL this season with Norfolk. I believe he signed with the Nailers after going to AHL camp in Binghamton.
Kaizer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Kaizer »