DK Pittsburgh Sports...lots of turnover in employees...

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
FLPensFan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: DK Pittsburgh Sports...lots of turnover in employees...

Post by FLPensFan »

Well, in a thread that just won't die.....another name has been added to the list. Chris Bradford announced about 2 hours that he was "leaving" DK Sports Pittsburgh. No word whether he left on his own or was asked to leave.

Personally, I didn't care for Bradford at all, but still stinks to have someone lose their job. No word from DK yet, but I have to wonder if he is letting Taylor Haase take over, or hiring someone else.

My free subscription to the site ends in June. Unless I get another free one, I won't be back there. The content is lacking from what it was is in the beginning, and the "talent" is nowhere near what it was.

Oh, looks like DK let 3 people go....Chris Bradford, Matt Grubba, and Chris Benson. Those in the "club" have already updated the "jersey":

ville5
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ville5 »

Dave Molinari will join the circus and become the Penguins beat writer as of the 16th.
FLPensFan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by FLPensFan »

Very interesting, maybe he was bored, but DK did a Ask DK segment last night, where he stated NO TOPIC was off limits. He basically said enough time had past, he's through the anger over what happened during 2018, and was more than willing to clear the air and tell his side. I would say not enough people asked about a variety of dirty topics, but among the ones I saw:

--Said Yohe left for the Athletic because they offered him a ton of money. DK says he wasn't given a chance to match, and he wouldn't have been able to afford what they gave him anyways. DK later said in another piece, that of all the people that left the site, Yohe is the only one he cared enough about to have recently cleared the air with and has made peace with enough to have a cordial relationship. I do recall Yohe saying something to this effect recently as well.

--Said Gajtka left because he was seriously affected by the Brown/Civian/Deadspin stuff and yet, as DK put it, he was so affected by it that, after that news broke, Gajtka waited 4 days to decide he couldn't work there......just long enough that Gajtka could go to Tampa to cover the NHL all-star game on DK's dime. DK claims Gajtka had said his site was one of the best places to work even after he left, and that Matt let Twitter get to his head, and Matt even said he let all the attention he was getting on Twitter get to him.

--He wouldn't mention the name, but he did say that someone on his staff would sit in staff meetings and feed Kaboly (already at the Athletic) their scoops.

--He also said that (not mentioning Katie Brown by name) that the person that attempted that whole Deadspin thing, with the evidence conveniently getting accidentally deleted from her phone, also apparently did the EXACT same thing to Luke Ravenstahl (former Pittsburgh mayor). Said it was same method, slightly different story, but same type of attempt.

--Says Alan Saunders is still simply mad because he got fired. Creates burner accounts and still attacks DK and his wife and his site.
Realist
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Realist »

and now John Perrotto quit....for the 2nd time.
Defence21
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Defence21 »

Realist wrote:and now John Perrotto quit....for the 2nd time.
Let's call a spade a spade. Perotto quit because of health concerns.
Realist
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Realist »

Defence21 wrote:
Realist wrote:and now John Perrotto quit....for the 2nd time.
Let's call a spade a spade. Perotto quit because of health concerns.
Yeah, he quit because of health concerns....but now asked on his Twitter for any help in finding a writing job. LOL
Durbano
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Durbano »

Amazed I remembered this thread. Anyway, sorry to see Danny Shirey go. Among the others who've left.
ville5
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ville5 »

Durbano wrote:Amazed I remembered this thread. Anyway, sorry to see Danny Shirey go. Among the others who've left.
Meh, I've stopped giving him clicks. Enough is enough. If you're going to sit there and brag about all the income, at some point you have to pay somebody.
Three Stars
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Three Stars »

All of DK’s stuff is free now, because reasons. He wants people to subscribe now to post comments.

Gotta say I enjoy Taylor Haase’s writing. Content rich, easy to read, and free of ego and Rossi-ish slant.
FLPensFan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by FLPensFan »

Three Stars wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 9:43 pm All of DK’s stuff is free now, because reasons. He wants people to subscribe now to post comments.

Gotta say I enjoy Taylor Haase’s writing. Content rich, easy to read, and free of ego and Rossi-ish slant.
Been a member off and on since the beginning, almost always at an insanely discounted rate. I won't be paying any longer. This is a dumb idea, but I'll take the free content. As you said, Taylor is pretty good, but DK has run through the entire city of Penguins writers and even brought in nobodies from parts unknown. His head is too big for himself and he continues to step all over himself.

Pay for commenting when, to my knowledge, he doesn't even have a community forum. You're just paying to comment on articles???? Dumb.