Random Penguins Fodder

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Random Penguins Fodder

Post by KG »

yinzer69 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:38 am
KG wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:37 am Gruden sent back down….
omg fire Dubas!!! :roll: :scared:
Can't keep up with the Gruden express

KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

Graves out with a concussion.
Puck-Lurker
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Puck-Lurker »

KG wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:35 pm Graves out with a concussion.
Oh no!!! :scared:
FLPensFan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by FLPensFan »

I'm not going to pretend like I know a lot about these guys, other than what I have read, but, here's a list of college UFAs that might be good for the Penguins to take a look at:

Centers:
--Gabriel Seger, Cornell. 24 years old, 6'4", has the size to jump into the NHL next season.
--Jacob Quinllan, Quinnipac. 22 year old 6 foot center. He is thought to have a game that will translate well to the NHL.
--Luke Haymes, Dartmouth. 20 year old 6'1" center with some offensive upside. Might be one of the few that could push for top 6 role.

I was going to post the d-men article, but pretty much all of them were either fringe 7th defenders or going to need a few years of work. This site is supposed to put out their articles on college UFA wingers this weekend.

https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2024/03 ... nters.html
pens_CT
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by pens_CT »

FLPensFan wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:29 pm I'm not going to pretend like I know a lot about these guys, other than what I have read, but, here's a list of college UFAs that might be good for the Penguins to take a look at:

Centers:
--Gabriel Seger, Cornell. 24 years old, 6'4", has the size to jump into the NHL next season.
--Jacob Quinllan, Quinnipac. 22 year old 6 foot center. He is thought to have a game that will translate well to the NHL.
--Luke Haymes, Dartmouth. 20 year old 6'1" center with some offensive upside. Might be one of the few that could push for top 6 role.

I was going to post the d-men article, but pretty much all of them were either fringe 7th defenders or going to need a few years of work. This site is supposed to put out their articles on college UFA wingers this weekend.

FWIW Quinllan is from Dartmouth Nova Scotia. Maybe that other guy from Nova Scotia on the Pens can help in the recruitment :D
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

Ned getting the start again. 4 straight.
Puck-Lurker
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Puck-Lurker »

KG wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:22 pm Ned getting the start again. 4 straight.
Okay, something's definitely up with Jarry. Anyone figure this is Pens trying to find out if they can roll with Ned next year?
1967penguins

Post by 1967penguins »

Puck-Lurker wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:56 pm
Okay, something's definitely up with Jarry. Anyone figure this is Pens trying to find out if they can roll with Ned next year?
I would be more than a tad skeptical of this, seeing that as soon as Carter was ready he was inserted back into the lineup and displaced some of the young players the team should be evaluating at this point for next season.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

Ned has been better than Jarry recently, so he deserves a run.

DK on his recent podcast said he thinks Jarry barked at one of the younger Pens during the Stars game and maybe that ruffled some feathers in the organization?
Ericf
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Ericf »

Something’s definitely up. Either he’s nursing an injury and they don’t want to say anything about it, or it’s like you said, or it’s what DK has recently speculated: that Jarry was giving the side eye to a couple teammates who made mistakes leading to goals during the Dallas game before he was yanked. He thinks that maybe some players don’t want to play with him
Tico Rick
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Tico Rick »

Who does he think he is, Tom Barrasso?
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

Tico Rick wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:09 pm Who does he think he is, Tom Barrasso?
Could be a #35 thing :D
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by penny lane »

Maybe somebody showed the younger player Jarry's youthful, but oh so costly flubs.
Three Stars
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Three Stars »

Sullivan hates young players.

(Jarry is 25, Ned is 28.)
Last edited by Three Stars on Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Sigh
Sams_Dog
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Sams_Dog »

Odds that Nylander scores against the Pens tonight? 75%?
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by brwi »

Three Stars wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:39 pm
Sullivan hates young players.

(Jarry is 25, Ned is 28.)
Jarry is 28 and so is Ned.
BurghThing
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by BurghThing »

FLPensFan wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:29 pm I'm not going to pretend like I know a lot about these guys, other than what I have read, but, here's a list of college UFAs that might be good for the Penguins to take a look at:

Centers:

If you were a young up and coming player, why in God's name would you want to sign with a team that insists Sullivan will be their coach? You have to know that he will refuse to play you unless everyone else is dead, and rheb for less than 2:00.
FLPensFan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by FLPensFan »

BurghThing wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:28 pm

Centers:

If you were a young up and coming player, why in God's name would you want to sign with a team that insists Sullivan will be their coach? You have to know that he will refuse to play you unless everyone else is dead, and rheb for less than 2:00.
I have said that for awhile...but, tunnel vision...DOC is playing top line minutes, St. Ivany is here, they signed Puljujarvi, Puustinen has been playing. To someone without the history, Pittsburgh probably looks pretty good.

Also, knowing they should be rebuilding soon means more potential future opportunity.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

FLPensFan wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:54 pm
BurghThing wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:28 pm

Centers:

I have said that for awhile...but, tunnel vision...DOC is playing top line minutes, St. Ivany is here, they signed Puljujarvi, Puustinen has been playing. To someone without the history, Pittsburgh probably looks pretty good.

Also, knowing they should be rebuilding soon means more potential future opportunity.
The Pens have veteran pieces they can play on the wings next season if they choose to go with a young 4C

Id love to see Poulin, Ponomarev, or a young free agent get a shot centering Accari and Puljujarvi.
Three Stars
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Three Stars »

Puck-Lurker
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Puck-Lurker »

Three Stars wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:56 am
Just brutal...
Sams_Dog
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Sams_Dog »

That is unbelievable. So bad.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

Look at how much worse they are from the 31st team. We are in last by far. But Sully's system is infallible???
Puck-Lurker
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Puck-Lurker »

KG wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:24 pm Look at how much worse they are from the 31st team. We are in last by far. But Sully's system is infallible???
Thing is when some players leave the org, they start scoring elsewhere. Sometimes scoring (well) above expected.

One small caveat to the Pens: because of the names on the roster, there would be a great many goals projected. We missed the (high) bar by a very significant margin though, so it hardly matters
Coffey Break
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Coffey Break »

This goes way beyond just pure bad luck at this point. This is all about the system - it's simply not setup for success by any means.