The 2023-24 NHLPA player poll

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.
Three Stars
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

The 2023-24 NHLPA player poll

Post by Three Stars »

https://www.nhlpa.com/player-poll/2023-24

There are in fact Penguins on this list.
FLPensFan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: The 2023-24 NHLPA player poll

Post by FLPensFan »

No Jeff Carter to win that one faceoff? I'm shocked I tell ya.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by offsides »

And, Crosby was voted the most complete player in the NHL for the fifth consecutive season. WELL deserved and what a great player to watch for all these years.

https://www.nhl.com/news/2024-nhlpa-pol ... s-released
Guinness
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Guinness »

offsides wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:21 pm And, Crosby was voted the most complete player in the NHL for the fifth consecutive season. WELL deserved and what a great player to watch for all these years.

I'm not sure how long they've been taking this poll (at least 5 years obviously :lol:), but this seems to me to be a rather remarkable achievement. I know Sid has widely been regarded as one of the best 200' players in the game, but to be looked up to by his fellow players as such for 5 straight years seems to be a rather rare achievement, and to have added the 5th year at age 36 makes it even more remarkable.

I've worried at times about him hitting a wall, but unless he does in a dramatic and unsuspected manner, I feel like we still have a few good years of Sid to enjoy yet. Please God.
Pruezy11881
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Pruezy11881 »

Guinness wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:52 pm
offsides wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:21 pm And, Crosby was voted the most complete player in the NHL for the fifth consecutive season. WELL deserved and what a great player to watch for all these years.

I'm not sure how long they've been taking this poll (at least 5 years obviously :lol:), but this seems to me to be a rather remarkable achievement. I know Sid has widely been regarded as one of the best 200' players in the game, but to be looked up to by his fellow players as such for 5 straight years seems to be a rather rare achievement, and to have added the 5th year at age 36 makes it even more remarkable.

I've worried at times about him hitting a wall, but unless he does in a dramatic and unsuspected manner, I feel like we still have a few good years of Sid to enjoy yet. Please God.
And he's never gotten serious Selke consideration...
Guinness
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Guinness »

Pruezy11881 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:00 pm

Yep, it's kind of bizarre. The kid plays 100% all over the ice, game in game out for the most part, and never in the discussion. Guess he just scores too many points...
ahawk9
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by ahawk9 »

I've always thought Sid's game (excepting any catastrophic injury) was made to last longer than, say, Ovechkin's. Ovi's been on a goal-scoring tear lately but his overall game was never as good as Sid's and I feel his skills have eroded somewhere between Sid & Geno. Bergeron in Boston seemed to have a steady run as he aged, and I see Sid doing the same. Hoping so anyway.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pitts »

Pruezy11881 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:00 pm

This is the year! Has to be Bergeron is finally gone! :)
Three Stars
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Three Stars »