FLPensFan's 10 Questions for a Dubas Offseason

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.
Puck-Lurker
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: FLPensFan's 10 Questions for a Dubas Offseason

Post by Puck-Lurker »

yinzer69 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:36 amThe whining and complaining about playing Carter/Harkins over Gruden is hilarious.
Yes it is.
yinzer69 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:36 amHarkins and Gruden are the same, both are fine as an injury fill-ins on the 4th line but neither one should regularly be in the lineup. Both of those guys are quad A players.
And then this is complaining :lol:

It's alright though, I got ya :thumb:
yinzer69
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by yinzer69 »

1. Am I really keeping Sullivan?
-To me the most damning thing against Sullivan is the team's total lack of urgency and lack of response when something bad happens in a game. Both fall directly back to the coaching staff, specifically the head coach
- All assistant coaches need to be gone for sure and then come to jesus talk needs to be had with Sully about the above issues. If there is any push-back during this process I really think then Sully needs to go.
- I do think Sullivan would be a good coach for a young hard working team, remember over the years when u'd have multiple injuries to key players and half your lineup was Baby Penguins and how the team performed.

2.If top 10 lottery finish, are we keeping the pick?
-If its top 10, you keep it for sure.

3.Are you bringing Guentzel back?
- Simple answer NO. I don't want to sign him to a 6 year deal at 9m or 10m or higher AAV. After 2 seasons out of the playoffs, no more contracts that are going to age poorly.
-MAYBE if you could trade Rakell AND Graves and not take much salary back, I'd consider using Rakell/Graves money to try to get Jake. It is not sure thing Jake even would want to come back. I am not even sure that would be the right move anyhow.

4.Who to trade in the offseason?
- Rakell, Graves, Acciari, Smith to start
- If you can get a haul for Pettersson I'd consider it.
- Jarry- if you can get decent value (even if its just draft picks) and not have to retain money I'd do it.
- Karlsson- This is a tough call, he really hasn't fit for whatever reason. His contract is borderline untradeable, if we'd have to retain 3 or 4 million then its not worth it.

5.Getting younger via trade
--- Who are you willing to sacrifice out of DOC, Puustinen, Puljujarvi, Bemstrom, Poulin, Ponomarev, Koivunen, Cruz, Yager, Pickering?
--- Where can we make a trade to acquire an under 25 player with at least 15g, 35-45 point potential?
I mostly agree with his points here. If you could turn any of these guys in a under 25 player (with a decent contract) with legit 15-20g and 45-50 point player I think I'd do it.

6. Getting younger on the roster.
- DOC, Puustinen (middle 6), Pulijujarvi,Ponomarev (bottom 6), St Ivany/Ludvig (3rd D pair) I think all need to be in the lineup next year.
- Poulin- I really don't know what to do with him. His ceiling is most likely bottom 6. To me he might be trade bait.
- Koivunen, Cruz, Yager, Pickering- won't be ready next year so they either in W/B, juniors, Finland
- Bemstrom- Decent shot, haven't seen a whole heck of a lot out of him. He goes to W/B and is an injury call-up.
- PO Joseph- What do we do with him? Most likely has little trade value- Has played OK at times this year. Seems to play best with Letang but he really isn't a top 4 D.

7.Can Blomqvist handle a backup role next year?
-I'd start him in W/B, see how the first couple months go then maybe bring him up.
- If we'd trade Jarry, I'd resign Ned and Hellberg or someone of that ilk to be backup.

8. Can Graves show any semblance of playing to his contract?
We better hope so or hope a team like New Jersey might want him back.

9.Am I REALLY bringing back Jeff Carter?
No!

10. Is there any room for guys like Nieto and Harkins?
Yes in W/B or in Nieto's case 13th/14th forward.
Last edited by yinzer69 on Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yinzer69
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by yinzer69 »

Puck-Lurker wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:42 pm
yinzer69 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:36 amThe whining and complaining about playing Carter/Harkins over Gruden is hilarious.
Yes it is.
yinzer69 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:36 amHarkins and Gruden are the same, both are fine as an injury fill-ins on the 4th line but neither one should regularly be in the lineup. Both of those guys are quad A players.

Not complaining at all, I actually think Carter is fine in his role but the experts on this board tell me I am wrong.
Puck-Lurker
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Puck-Lurker »

yinzer69 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:06 pm
Puck-Lurker wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:42 pm
Yes it is.

Not complaining at all, I actually think Carter is fine in his role but the experts on this board tell me I am wrong.
It's okay.

I'm not going to tell you you're wrong (guess I'm not an 'expert'). We're in a position where Carter gets exposed - he's been okay of late but had been a hot mess before. A cap hit of 3.125M, 35+ contract with NMC is the context for Carter and it makes me want him gone more than I ever did JMFJ - but we couldn't. (I really must not know a thing at all)

Let's go out and resign the guy for another front-loaded 3.125M? Is that also fine? I wouldn't say it is, time to part ways and play anyone we've not seen enough of yet.

Gruden is a known quantity. I don't care if he never gets called up. Seen enough of Koppanen, Zohorna, Hinostroza and Johnstone too. Not much to look at, just pluggers. There are other people to give a whirl. The season's down the drain anyway and we can risk-free test drive some of the others. Carter playing should not take priority over that.
Cow_Master66
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Cow_Master66 »

Jack Johnson went through the typical first season D issues and the yinzer mob turned on him....Towards the end of year one and pretty much all of year 2 (while he was here), he played fairly solid D, but the mob's decision was already made.

As for Carter, there's zero place for him on this team for multiple reasons.
yinzer69
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by yinzer69 »

"Let's go out and resign the guy for another front-loaded 3.125M? Is that also fine? I wouldn't say it is, time to part ways and play anyone we've not seen enough of yet"

not sure how you think that is what I am saying or what I think but whatever helps you sleep at night.
Puck-Lurker
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Puck-Lurker »

yinzer69 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:40 pm "Let's go out and resign the guy for another front-loaded 3.125M? Is that also fine? I wouldn't say it is, time to part ways and play anyone we've not seen enough of yet"

not sure how you think that is what I am saying or what I think but whatever helps you sleep at night.
Not sure how you got to thinking I thought that, but alright. I'm going to assume I'm not being trolled, too :D

I care what someone's contract is. Carter is *not* fine for his contract value - at all. I didn't say you said that, but I take that into consideration in my thinking. (I'm not an expert remember)

Graves wouldn't get a third of the flak he's getting were he on the roster for 900K. But he ain't. I think he's fine in a 3rd pairing role, but then I think about the contract and no, he isn't fine in that role. We need him to play 2nd pair, at the very least.

Returning to Carter, you ride out the year and be done with it obviously. But in the meantime there are definitely players that shouldn't sit for Jeff. Carter-Poulin-Puljujärvi isn't awful, but Acciari-Pou-Pul is already preferable. (Yes I know Acciari is injured) Injuries are obviously giving guys like Pool Party and Poulin a shot anyway. But we could've seen more without Carter.
JTRPCIC

Post by JTRPCIC »

I'll keep it simple
Guentzel trade was a big mistake
U want 2 get younger and cheaper...lose Malkin, Letang, Jarry, Karlsson, Graves. Keep Pettersson, Joseph, Alex N., Rust
And most importantly, time for a Head coaching change. Love you Sullivan, but whatever MOJO you had early on...IS GONE
JTRPCIC

Post by JTRPCIC »

I would also agree, Smith and Rakell could go as well. BUT just saying that stops me dead in my tracks!!!
Every player I have mentioned in my last post and this one are top players. So really.....it comes down with coaching
Cow_Master66
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Cow_Master66 »

JTRPCIC wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:05 pm I'll keep it simple
Guentzel trade was a big mistake
U want 2 get younger and cheaper...lose Malkin, Letang, Jarry, Karlsson, Graves. Keep Pettersson, Joseph, Alex N., Rust
And most importantly, time for a Head coaching change. Love you Sullivan, but whatever MOJO you had early on...IS GONE
You would have preferred to lose Guentzel for nothing?

Agree with most of the rest except keeping Pettersson, Joseph and Rust.
lemieuxReturns
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by lemieuxReturns »

Are the Pens going to be ok cap-wise next season? At first, I thought they should be fine with Jake's money out and Carter out. But, capfriendly has us at 15 players with only 12.7M in space projected to be available. We will need a backup goalie and 4 RFA's to re-sign.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

lemieuxReturns wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:40 am Are the Pens going to be ok cap-wise next season? At first, I thought they should be fine with Jake's money out and Carter out. But, capfriendly has us at 15 players with only 12.7M in space projected to be available. We will need a backup goalie and 4 RFA's to re-sign.
Would be great to move out Smith without having to retain. Also they should consider moving out Jarry.

They could also move on from Acciari if they wanted.
ahawk9
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by ahawk9 »

I think Smith is more tradeable in a hockey swap than Rakell, simply because Smith only has one year remaining on his contract. I don't think he's been brutal, just hasn't played up to his normal capacity, and it could be racked up to a system issue. That's my (uneducated) guess. I actually like Rakell and think he just had a tough year. He popped 28 goals last year, so I'd keep him and hope for a rebound season. That ups his trade value in addition to getting another year of that contract out of the way, which is another thing a trade partner would like.

Same thing with Graves. He can't be THIS bad, can he? I'd like to give him another shot at getting his feet under him (hopefully under a new coaching staff). His contract length is a problem but it won't be if he can get back to playing the way he did when I thought it was such a great addition.

I love Jake, but I think that money could be spent elsewhere. I said somewhere else that while Bunting is never going score like Jake does, he seems to be a good fit for this team. That's a huge plus. And, if one or more of the prospects they got pans out, then even better.

I'd definitely look to move Jarry. I wouldn't add just to dump him but they if they can get a pick and subtract his salary and term, then go for it. They could sign Ned with some of that Guentzel money.

Rust is a tough one for me. His NMC ends (oops, not sure, is it after this season or next?), and I think he'll remain relatively consistent for most of his contract. He's easily tradeable if they want. If things head south next season, he could get a first at the deadline. If they keep him, then I'm OK with that for now. He's a gamer.

I hope Crosby signs but if he's on the fence, trade him in the summer and rake in the assets. He will always be a Pittsburgh icon regardless if he spends his entire career here (which I hope he does) or if he plays out the last couple of years somewhere else. I would also love to ease Malkin and Letang out for something, although I don't see that happening.

EK I could see as more tradeable after next season, assuming he rebounds a little (again, I don't think he's been bad at all but he might be another victim of the system). Pens could even retain some and he could bring in something good at the deadline or after next season.

Eller is worth keeping at least until next year's deadline. He's such a solid player for his role. Very smart. He's the kind of player that should garner interest at the deadline, especially with no term remaining. I agree that if they can ditch Nieto and Acciari, then do it. Harkins should not be here. Carter should not either, unless he's hired in the front office.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pitts »

JTRPCIC wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:05 pm Guentzel trade was a big mistake
Sorry, but this is wrong. Bunting has been very productive and is pretty much solely responsible for the resurgence you are seeing from Malkin. He is also the very type of player this team was lacking,

We got several decent prospects in the trade as well. 2 of which should translate to NHL players.

Crosby and Rust, once they got over their sadness have not been affected by the Guentzel trade. And DOC has looked fantastic on Crosby's wing.

The trade, so far, has been a win for both teams.
ahawk9
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by ahawk9 »

Agreed. Bunting has been more than solid and just what they needed. The prospects look to have potential. If two somehow pan out to be NHL regulars then even better. The trade had to happen, IMO, and they got a good return. It beats missing the playoffs AND then losing Jake for nothing.
FLPensFan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by FLPensFan »

ahawk9 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:41 pm Agreed. Bunting has been more than solid and just what they needed. The prospects look to have potential. If two somehow pan out to be NHL regulars then even better. The trade had to happen, IMO, and they got a good return. It beats missing the playoffs AND then losing Jake for nothing.
As others have mentioned before, Guentzel for Bunting plus is sort of equivalent to Neal for Hornqvist...except Guentzel is much better than Neal was, and Bunting isn't quite the same player Hornqvist was...but, it's that same kind of swap. Pure goal scorer for a more physical, dirty area type of player.
FLPensFan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by FLPensFan »

KG wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:15 pm
lemieuxReturns wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:40 am Are the Pens going to be ok cap-wise next season? At first, I thought they should be fine with Jake's money out and Carter out. But, capfriendly has us at 15 players with only 12.7M in space projected to be available. We will need a backup goalie and 4 RFA's to re-sign.
Would be great to move out Smith without having to retain. Also they should consider moving out Jarry.

I think we'll be ok for a few reasons:
--We don't really have any "high-end" talent to worry about. Crosby, Malkin, Bunting, Rust, Rakell, and Smith are all under contract next year...so on paper, there's your top 6. Letang, MP, Karlsson, and Graves on the backend are all under contract, too.

--We don't have any deal-breaker RFAs to re-sign. Puustinen's going to get 800-900k max on a 1 or 2 year deal. Bemstrom is going to get league minimum or just barely above it. League minimum for St. Ivany. Could see a bump to 1M for POJ. He was down early but has looked a lot better down the stretch. But overall, no big spend needed here.

--We should have more "cheap players" fighting for spots next season. DOC, Puustinen, Puljujarvi, Bemstrom, St. Ivany, Ludvig, POJ, Poulin, Ponomarev, and Blomqvist should all be under consideration for spots next season. That's 10 total players right there that should have a combined salary in the 10-12M range.

--The biggest worries going into next season are, 1) do we swap out another forward to get younger...say, Smith, a pick, and a prospect like a Poulin or Ponomarev for a 24 year old top 9 player. 2) Does Ryan Graves rebound? If he does not, this team needs to go hunting for a middle pair d-man during the season. 3) Does Jarry stay or go?
Last edited by FLPensFan on Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Guinness
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Guinness »

I don't see why they'd have to retain on Smith - he's one season removed from being a top six player on a Stanley Cup team who for whatever reason just hasn't fit in here - a little like Derrick Brassard.

I haven't looked at the goalie UFA list, but like last year, if it's no good, it would be a mistake to move on from Jarry yet. Ned is as good a backup goalie as we've had here in a long time, but I'm not convinced he's starter material, myself. Maybe he is - I hope. And maybe Blomqvist is ready to step into the split role, but - strangely - if that's our tandem next year, it becomes our biggest area of concern going into 24-25.

I'm looking for GMKD to do something unexpected, something that really shakes the roster up... something bold, like trading Coffey and Recchi for Tocchet, Kjell, and my man Kenny Wreggett. It's out there, KD. Do your job and go find it!
FLPensFan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by FLPensFan »

Guinness wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:50 pm

I don't see why they'd have to retain on Smith - he's one season removed from being a top six player on a Stanley Cup team who for whatever reason just hasn't fit in here - a little like Derrick Brassard.

I haven't looked at the goalie UFA list, but like last year, if it's no good, it would be a mistake to move on from Jarry yet. Ned is as good a backup goalie as we've had here in a long time, but I'm not convinced he's starter material, myself. Maybe he is - I hope. And maybe Blomqvist is ready to step into the split role, but - strangely - if that's our tandem next year, it becomes our biggest area of concern going into 24-25.

I'm looking for GMKD to do something unexpected, something that really shakes the roster up... something bold, like trading Coffey and Recchi for Tocchet, Kjell, and my man Kenny Wreggett. It's out there, KD. Do your job and go find it!
If they think Blomqvist is ready, we should be fine with a Ned/Blomqvist split starter situation, where maybe Ned gets 60% of the starts to Blomqvist getting 40%.

I still really like the idea of trading Jarry to Edmonton. Jarry is from Western Canada, played for the Oil Kings in Juniors, and Edmonton needs a goalie. I still like the idea of getting Jack Campbell back at a largely discounted price, stashed in the minors as an additional option (like a Hellberg). We know Dubas has familiarity with Campbell as well. Edmonton is having to pay 3.85M against the NHL cap to bury Campbell in the minors. Get Edmonton to retain some, and get a 3rd team to retain 50%. Edmonton can free up almost 2M in cap hit and get a better goalie, a 3rd party is going to get some draft picks for long-term retention, and Penguins get a young player back. Here's my thought:

To PIT: Ryan McLeod, Jack Campbell (30% retained by EDM (1.5M), 50% retained by Chicago (1.75M)
To CHI: Jack Campbell @ 30% retained, EDM 2025 3rd round pick, PIT 2026 4th round pick
To EDM: Tristan Jarry

Penguins end up with a 575K cap hit on their NHL books when they bury Campbell in the minors, and he has a total 1.75M cap hit if and when he is recalled to the NHL. Edmonton clears the cap space to get Jarry by sending Campbell out, and the cost is a young forward in Ryan McLeod. Chicago retains 1.75M for 3 years, and receives a 3rd and 4th round pick for doing so.

Campbell becomes the new Ned reclamation project. Campbell was never 5M AAV worthy goalie, but he had solid numbers with LA and TOR. He crapped the bed when he got to EDM, and his AHL numbers have been solid. Campbell could be a sneaky good backup option paired with Ned, if Blomqvist falters.
Guinness
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Guinness »

FLPensFan wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:28 pm
Guinness wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:50 pm

If they think Blomqvist is ready, we should be fine with a Ned/Blomqvist split starter situation, where maybe Ned gets 60% of the starts to Blomqvist getting 40%.

I still really like the idea of trading Jarry to Edmonton. Jarry is from Western Canada, played for the Oil Kings in Juniors, and Edmonton needs a goalie. I still like the idea of getting Jack Campbell back at a largely discounted price, stashed in the minors as an additional option (like a Hellberg). We know Dubas has familiarity with Campbell as well. Edmonton is having to pay 3.85M against the NHL cap to bury Campbell in the minors. Get Edmonton to retain some, and get a 3rd team to retain 50%. Edmonton can free up almost 2M in cap hit and get a better goalie, a 3rd party is going to get some draft picks for long-term retention, and Penguins get a young player back. Here's my thought:

To PIT: Ryan McLeod, Jack Campbell (30% retained by EDM (1.5M), 50% retained by Chicago (1.75M)
To CHI: Jack Campbell @ 30% retained, EDM 2025 3rd round pick, PIT 2026 4th round pick
To EDM: Tristan Jarry

Penguins end up with a 575K cap hit on their NHL books when they bury Campbell in the minors, and he has a total 1.75M cap hit if and when he is recalled to the NHL. Edmonton clears the cap space to get Jarry by sending Campbell out, and the cost is a young forward in Ryan McLeod. Chicago retains 1.75M for 3 years, and receives a 3rd and 4th round pick for doing so.

Campbell becomes the new Ned reclamation project. Campbell was never 5M AAV worthy goalie, but he had solid numbers with LA and TOR. He crapped the bed when he got to EDM, and his AHL numbers have been solid. Campbell could be a sneaky good backup option paired with Ned, if Blomqvist falters.
Yeah, I like this - Campbell is a known quantity, so if Ned/Blom is not a viable pairing, you can swap out either of those two and place Campbell in the starter role and at least go in comfortably with a goalie you know can handle a starters load, if only so successfully.... but it gives you a certain amount of security.

I'm hoping Blomqvist can turn into a legit NHL starting goalie, because they can go a reeeeeeal long way to winning a Cup. They're not required, but they really do help. And we need to rebuild our center depth while we're at it.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

I really don't think this team can win with both Letang and Karlsson, the defensive blunders have outpaced the offensive production.

Dubas has to explore trading Karlsson, will it happen? Not likely but some combo of Smith, Rakell, Acciari, Graves, Karlsson, and Jarry
FLPensFan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by FLPensFan »

thehockeyguru wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm I really don't think this team can win with both Letang and Karlsson, the defensive blunders have outpaced the offensive production.

Dubas has to explore trading Karlsson, will it happen? Not likely but some combo of Smith, Rakell, Acciari, Graves, Karlsson, and Jarry
I just can't see them being able to move Karlsson without retaining salary, and retaining a significant portion for 3 more years probably isn't going to work well. So, I don't see them being able to move Karlsson or Graves this offseason.

It's funny, because Rob Rossi slammed both Smith and Jarry in the past few days. Rossi called Reilly Smith the worst player we've traded for during his 20 years covering the team. Almost everyone replied Brassard, and he said he'd take a roster of 23 Brassards over Smith. And then Rossi doubled down by writing a full article on how the Penguins need to improve their goaltending, basically saying Jarry is 28 and while good in some area, still hasn't shown the type of growth needed to be this team's #1 goalie.

Gonna post a few mock offseasons soon, just to get a look at some different scenarios that Dubas won't follow. :lol:
Cow_Master66
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Cow_Master66 »

The EK gaffes are nothing new and the main reason some of us cringed at the thought of bringing him in when the rumors were swirling. The recent play has been prevalent throughout his career, and just like Letang, it's not gonna change.

Having said that, since this team won't trade Letang, they are stuck with both for the foreseeable future. They aren't gonna move and retain on EK and they certainly aren't gonna trade Letang, so it is what it is for a (long) while. Hopefully, at least we see a bump up on the offensive side from EK next season.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by penny lane »

Surprised to read that clean out lockers day is this AM. I thought they would wait till tomorrow.
GM Dubas to speak tomorrow AM. Per Yohe and today Athletic article. In the article, he notes that Coach Sullivan is 180 degrees upbeat from the ending of last year's season.
In Coach's mind, he'll be back- my inference.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

FLPensFan wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:47 am
thehockeyguru wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm I really don't think this team can win with both Letang and Karlsson, the defensive blunders have outpaced the offensive production.

I just can't see them being able to move Karlsson without retaining salary, and retaining a significant portion for 3 more years probably isn't going to work well. So, I don't see them being able to move Karlsson or Graves this offseason.

It's funny, because Rob Rossi slammed both Smith and Jarry in the past few days. Rossi called Reilly Smith the worst player we've traded for during his 20 years covering the team. Almost everyone replied Brassard, and he said he'd take a roster of 23 Brassards over Smith. And then Rossi doubled down by writing a full article on how the Penguins need to improve their goaltending, basically saying Jarry is 28 and while good in some area, still hasn't shown the type of growth needed to be this team's #1 goalie.

Gonna post a few mock offseasons soon, just to get a look at some different scenarios that Dubas won't follow. :lol:
I agree with you that moving Karlsson is extremely unlikely. With that being said if you keep him I don't see how the defense gets better.

POJ has shown growth, but he isn't a top 4 guy. He's an RFA, what do you pay him to be a bottom pairing defenseman?

Graves is another guy Dubas won't be able to move. He's not a good fit to cover for Letang's mistakes and isn't the best with the puck. You have play him with Letang and hope it works.

Dubas has to have a plan for Pettersson, you either trade him this off-season or extend him. There are replacements out there Skjei is intriguing as is Zadorov.

St Ivany has shown enough to warrant an extended look at bottom pair RD. I think POJ - St Ivany should be a relatively cheap bottom pairing that is serviceable