How much time did the late surge buy Sully?

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.
Weegie
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

How much time did the late surge buy Sully?

Post by Weegie »

Based on what I heard over the last how many months it sounds like Dubas is set on keeping Sully as head coach, and I'm assuming that late successful surge just added to that. Do you guys think he'll be back next season? I don't see them letting him go, but I'd say if he started the next season poorly he'd be on a short leash and maybe gone in the early new year, but it also depends on what kind of personnel moves are made too.

What do you all think?
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: How much time did the late surge buy Sully?

Post by KG »

I'm hoping that there will be a mutual parting allowing Sullivan to move on. I actually think that the run the team went on shouldn't help Sullivan much. The run showed that the roster was clearly good enough to win, even without Jake. Problem is the team underachieved for 90% of the season. That's coaching.

All that said, I firmly believe he will be back next season with different assistant coaches.
pekkasteele
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by pekkasteele »

I think he will be back, sadly. I don't think there is anything like a short leash for Sully either, since, if there was it would have been short 4 years ago and he is still here, we often talk about it but it seems like he is glued to the team, probably until Sid retires? But I don't think that is good, except maybe getting us better pics because I don't think we will be a contender again with Sully here, with, or without new assistants.
Puck-Lurker
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Puck-Lurker »

I think he's back for sure next year. Dubas seems eager to keep him or get the same kinda guy back if not . He's going to get more rope.

This season I will blame Sully for almost entirely. Time to replace him. And if Dubas hasn't moved on from him after the next deadline, I will lay all the blame for next season at his door. The 'late surge' was on par with other teams, not better. For my money, get rid of him tomorrow if you can find a replacement
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

I think Sully is around til Christmas, his replacement better be on the bench with him to start the season
FLPensFan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by FLPensFan »

TOO MUCH!!!
Badger Bob
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Badger Bob »

As a minimum, Reirden needs to be gone this off season. But I'm not holding my breath.
RonBurgundy

Post by RonBurgundy »

How could they possibly justify bringing Reirden back? He owns the D and the PP. The PP was by far the biggest reason why they didn’t make the playoffs. Defenders play well elsewhere and become Penguins and forget how to play. Defenders suck here then play well elsewhere. He is bad at his job.