*** Akallabêth ... Game Thread ***

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: *** Akallabêth ... Game Thread ***

Post by Crankshaft »

redwill wrote:Current count:

5 - MIMH (dodint, PFIDC, BigMck, obhave, relantel)
3 - Crankshaft (WK, Gaucho, Zarovich)
1 - BigMcK (SDD)
1 - MRandall (MIMH)
1 - Willie Kool (shafnutz)

8 to kill.

A reminder how I do things at the deadline: If there is no majority, the leading vote-getter gets it. If there is a tie among the leading vote-getters, it's no lynch.

2 PM deadline.
Crankshaft wrote:I would also look at one of the three votes on me.
:pop:
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

Lol, I thought you all were going to turn on each other again and vote out a villager like bigmck without me voting.

I was lurking the whole time. The shaf/WK exchange was awesome.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

PensFanInDC wrote:I will take that as he saw Shad as blue or green
Yep. Tried to clear shad in case I didn't make it through the night without coming out as the seer. Probably gave myself away there. I couldn't clear WK since I saw him night one and I had to consider the possibility that he was recruited.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

Thanks for the game redwill
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

Thanks redwill, always a pleasure.

I was killed at the right time, I couldn't have played after that even if I wanted to.

Not that I wanted to, you all are doody heads.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

Because the game was thematically related to Wars of Beleriand, I thought people would assume that it was full of twists and turns. Or at least be as odd as Beleriand. In fact, I was hoping that would be the case.

But folks seemed to figure out pretty quick that it was just a vanilla Werewolf-type game. I deliberately made it as standard a game as I could to contrast it with Beleriand -- again, hoping that people would see twists and turns and bogeymen and independents and such where there were none.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

When MR25 didn't bother trying to explain anything we knew something was up. ;)
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

thanks redwill.

The last vote is sometimes proof that even the blind squirrel sometimes finds the nut... (as I was blind as a bat the phase before when I insisted on Zaro -- luck, not skill)
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

dodint wrote:When MR25 didn't bother trying to explain anything we knew something was up. ;)
BTW, MRandall was part of my random.org list, so he could have had a role. I just cut-and-pasted the wrong list for the first write-up (since I obviously couldn't cut-and-paste my random.org result).
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

relantel wrote:The last vote is sometimes proof that even the blind squirrel sometimes finds the nut... (as I was blind as a bat the phase before when I insisted on Zaro -- luck, not skill)
Similar I presume to CBear's early vote on Zaro. It was interesting to see the baddies knock off CBear immediately afterward and then see the village talk themselves out of that being of any significance. In fact, the village turned on WK for suggesting it. Which is what the baddies expected, I guess.
BigMcK
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Drawing 1 line in the sand, followed by another, and another, and another. TIC TAC TOE

Post by BigMcK »

Thanks for the game, redwill, and for letting me play. I was able to stay alive long enough to learn more flow and technique of these games.

Being this is a hockey board, has there ever been a game where there would be a group of good Penguins Vs say, bad Flyers, or something like tthat?

Anyway, thanks again.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

BigMcK wrote:Thanks for the game, redwill, and for letting me play. I was able to stay alive long enough to learn more flow and technique of these games.

Being this is a hockey board, has there ever been a game where there would be a group of good Penguins Vs say, bad Flyers, or something like tthat?

Anyway, thanks again.
I don't know about players, but I think PFiDC had NHL GM warz.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

relantel wrote:I don't know about players, but I think PFiDC had NHL GM warz.
A very well-designed game.
http://www.letsgopens.com/scripts/phpBB ... 13&t=45163" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also, slappybrown had NHL Wars, which was tons of fun. shaf was a vampire and messed me up big-time.
http://www.letsgopens.com/scripts/phpBB ... 13&t=41610" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

Ha, I forgot I was Jim Rutherford. That was the East/West format with simultaneous voting IIRC.

And I think Slappy's game was before I started playing (The original JI)
CBear3
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by CBear3 »

redwill wrote:
relantel wrote:The last vote is sometimes proof that even the blind squirrel sometimes finds the nut... (as I was blind as a bat the phase before when I insisted on Zaro -- luck, not skill)
Similar I presume to CBear's early vote on Zaro. It was interesting to see the baddies knock off CBear immediately afterward and then see the village talk themselves out of that being of any significance. In fact, the village turned on WK for suggesting it. Which is what the baddies expected, I guess.
Thanks for the game, redwill.
I honestly looked at the list and asked, "who's the biggest wildcard?" Just dumb luck.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

redwill wrote:
relantel wrote:I don't know about players, but I think PFiDC had NHL GM warz.
A very well-designed game.
http://www.letsgopens.com/scripts/phpBB ... 13&t=45163" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also, slappybrown had NHL Wars, which was tons of fun. shaf was a vampire and messed me up big-time.
http://www.letsgopens.com/scripts/phpBB ... 13&t=41610" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm flattered. Im thinking of doing it again around March. 1 thread per Conference. Playoffs will be a single thread.