2015 Pittsburgh Pirates Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: 2015 Pittsburgh Pirates Thread

Post by Zarovich »

Almost got him in the elbow.
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Lt. Dish »

Schwarber out of the game after having his cup of coffee in RF and not being tested once.

To your point, guys, he was in for his bat, and his bat worked.
PenGator88
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by PenGator88 »

Ramirez AB.
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Lt. Dish »

Walker has taken leave of his senses and the strike zone.
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

Why is Walker swinging the bat there?

Double play ball kills another inning.

Cubs lineup was to score runs at the start of the game and it worked. Getting good defense at the end.
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Lt. Dish »

Ramirez, you had a 3-1 count with Arrieta starting to miss and you do that.

Guys, I'm beginning to think we're not going to win this game. <sarcasm>
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

Got them right where we want them!!!
ejd43
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by ejd43 »

I'm just.... Going through so many emotions right now.
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Lt. Dish »

This Bucs team is flawed, but they have the talent to go all the way. And one out of 163 games is going to do them in.

I have GOT to let it go, for my own health and sanity. If the Bucs only pulled out a few more vs. the Central...
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Lt. Dish »

Arrieta's ripe for the taking, but probably too little too late.

I keep going back to the bases-loaded inning-ending DP by Marte.

Good God, Pedro. :face:

This jerk is gonna pitch a complete game shutout. Afterward, he can totally kiss my arse.

'Night, guys. Another long Buccos season in the books. On to the Pens tomorrow. Thank God the Pens start tomorrow.
ejd43
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by ejd43 »

Kinda getting used to seeing other teams celebrate on pnc park turf.
Faubert5
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Formerly known as NashvilleCat - don't want any association with the Predators.

Post by Faubert5 »

Lt. Dish wrote:This Bucs team is flawed, but they have the talent to go all the way. And one out of 163 games is going to do them in.

I have GOT to let it go, for my own health and sanity. If the Bucs only pulled out a few more vs. the Central...
Yeah, a good team that put itself in a bad position. Still beats losing 90 to 100.
PenGator88
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by PenGator88 »

NashvilleCat wrote:
Lt. Dish wrote:This Bucs team is flawed, but they have the talent to go all the way. And one out of 163 games is going to do them in.

Yeah, a good team that put itself in a bad position. Still beats losing 90 to 100.
Yup, just couldn't close the deal in their division. Meteor game Friday night?
PenGator88
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by PenGator88 »

Any chance that the MLB will change the WCG format...probably not.

Just numb right now. Wish they could have at least won this one for Jung Ho.
DeadPuck
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by DeadPuck »

This team does not have the talent to go all the way unless they play a bunch of lame duck teams.

They absolutely need to open to checkbook and bring in more talent - why?

Because the Cubs are going to be the all-star team next year and the years following. A big market team like that - they will end up in the top 4 in payrolls.

The Cardinals aren't going anywhere.

It's time to start actually spending money on this team to have a better shot at not playing these trash one off games. Unless they do so, it's going to be a lot more of the same. Might have a Cinderella year, but outside of that... This division isn't getting any easier - and out of the big 3 - we're third best.

With that said, In regards to Gerrit Cole. He is paying his dues right now. It's not his turn. I promise you though, the day is coming (sooner rather than later) where Cole will be heading into playoff series with the same hoopla that we've heard about Arietta for the past week.

Everyone in this city was scared ****-less. Cole is very close to being that guy.

I digress. This teams flaws are clear as day, it's time for the Pirates to start investing more if they want sustained success moving forward. Eventually, the novelty of the playoffs, especially these wild cards games - is going to wear off. Better get ahead while you're still ahead.
Last edited by DeadPuck on Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Lt. Dish »

PenGator88 wrote:
NashvilleCat wrote:

Yup, just couldn't close the deal in their division. Meteor game Friday night?
I'm surprising myself when I say this, but I want the Cards to clownpound this Cubs team in a sweep. I really do. I didn't think I could experience a trajectory of disliking a team, its manager, and its fans faster and steeper than I did with the Bruins a few years ago. So, I say let the Cards be the Cards and rule the roost for a little while longer until the Bucs can make that next step.

Speaking of the Cards, when Wainwright went down, then they lost a couple of other key guys to injury, and then we had that magical weekend July 11-12, I thought, there's no way Bucs are gonna be in the joke of a WC game this year. Well.

There's no way the Bucs can let themselves be in the joke of a WC game next year.
DeadPuck
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by DeadPuck »

Absolutely, it's go cards....

Hey the Cardinals are just a damn good team and organization. Matheny is a hell of a manager. There's no bad blood there, just respect in my eyes. I want to beat the pants off of them every time we play them, but they're just ridiculously talented.

The Cubs, it all starts with that clown of a manager and rolls down from there. That's what he is too: a clown.
DeadPuck
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by DeadPuck »

Lt. Dish wrote:Arrieta's ripe for the taking, but probably too little too late.

This jerk is gonna pitch a complete game shutout. Afterward, he can totally kiss my arse.

'Night, guys. Another long Buccos season in the books. On to the Pens tomorrow. Thank God the Pens start tomorrow.
One head ache to another IMO. #thatdefense
Tim Thomasen
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
Location: You know, it's just not death with dignity if there's an Estevez in the room

Post by Tim Thomasen »

NashvilleCat wrote: I have GOT to let it go, for my own health and sanity. If the Bucs only pulled out a few more vs. the Central...
Yeah, a good team that put itself in a bad position. Still beats losing 90 to 100.[/quote]

Yes and underachieving is still underachieving. I'm sorry but here in Pittsburgh, fans put high expectations to go out and win it all and if they don't, we let our feelings known and the same standard needs to held to the Pirates. Just because you sucked for 20 years and had three decent season, doesn't change that standard.

Sorry but you have to be consistent with yoyr arguments. If your going to complain until your blue in the face that the Pens fail in the playoffs for the past six years or the Steelers haven't made it far enough into the playoffs in recent years that we would like to see, then the same needs to be applied to the Buccos who once again could of won the division and failed to so and yet again got embarrassed on their own field without scoring a run.

"Still beats losing 90 to 100" OK, that's fine. I'll remember you said that if or when the Pens lose in the 1st round again, because hey? It that still beats losing 50 to 60, right?

Only difference is absolutely no one in that fanbase will be saying that. They'll be disappointed because people rightfully so put expectations on this team.
Tim Thomasen
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
Location: You know, it's just not death with dignity if there's an Estevez in the room

Post by Tim Thomasen »

DeadPuck wrote:Absolutely, it's go cards....

Hey the Cardinals are just a damn good team and organization. Matheny is a hell of a manager. There's no bad blood there, just respect in my eyes. I want to beat the pants off of them every time we play them, but they're just ridiculously talented.

The Cubs, it all starts with that clown of a manager and rolls down from there. That's what he is too: a clown.
And they have possibly the worst fans in MLB who no one can stand. There are no good guys in that series, players or fans.

But I do agree, Joe Maddon is a clown. No question about that.
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Lt. Dish »

DeadPuck wrote:
Lt. Dish wrote:Arrieta's ripe for the taking, but probably too little too late.

One head ache to another IMO. #thatdefense
One day at a time. Slate's clean now.

I actually think the D will be better than we think, but they have to stay healthy.
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Lt. Dish »

I'm so irrational right now, I'm convincing myself that the Cubs took out Kang on purpose.

I mean, this is not good way to live.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by penny lane »

Cole, he didn't have it or he had too much to begin. Just could not make pitches.

Next year, I hope the pirates are a team that will charge a mound when they get hit, they will go after a player/team who puts a teammate in a freaking wheelchair. Hurdle played afraid to lose and all of the players shrank.

Congrats to the cubs; it is about winning and moving on.
lemieuxReturns
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by lemieuxReturns »

I am right with you on this. All I think of is 'what if' I don't think I can take another wildcard loss. It is maddening.
lemieuxReturns
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by lemieuxReturns »

Lt. Dish wrote:I'm so irrational right now, I'm convincing myself that the Cubs took out Kang on purpose.

I mean, this is not good way to live.
Not sure how this slide can be viewed as anything other than someone trying to make contact