Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: ** Ferguson Warz Game Thread **

Post by MRandall25 »

Willie Kool wrote:
MWB wrote:
Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:The night I investigated Gaucho, I was between him and dodint. I wasn't able to talk with redwill at that point and got lucky with choosing Gaucho.
I thought you'd go for Dodint. We also thought redwill wouldn't be able to shoot.
Me too. Great call, SDD. I knew the game was over as soon as I got the PM. At that point I considered having MWB steal MRandall's tear gas (mostly because I was kinda pissed off he didn't use it), but didn't think one day save would change the outcome.
I was going to use it eventually. The situation never arose.
Willie Kool
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Willie Kool »

MRandall25 wrote:
Willie Kool wrote:
MWB wrote:
Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:The night I investigated Gaucho, I was between him and dodint. I wasn't able to talk with redwill at that point and got lucky with choosing Gaucho.
I thought you'd go for Dodint. We also thought redwill wouldn't be able to shoot.
Me too. Great call, SDD. I knew the game was over as soon as I got the PM. At that point I considered having MWB steal MRandall's tear gas (mostly because I was kinda pissed off he didn't use it), but didn't think one day save would change the outcome.
Preventing SDD from having to roleclaim would have been the time...
Willie Kool
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Willie Kool »

columbia wrote:So what was up my PMs? A weird mason thing?
You, Crank and CBear all got the same PM. It was to prepare you to reject the police and join the rioters, since one of the two necessary actions for that to occur had just transpired. I didn't necessarily expect any action in the thread, just wanted to remind the citizens of your distrust of the police.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

Willie Kool wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:
Willie Kool wrote:
MWB wrote:
Then people would wonder why the votes on him got knocked away (unless you had something in the explanation).

People don't seem to like when greens have day saves.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Willie Kool wrote:
columbia wrote:So what was up my PMs? A weird mason thing?
You, Crank and CBear all got the same PM. It was to prepare you to reject the police and join the rioters, since one of the two necessary actions for that to occur had just transpired. I didn't necessarily expect any action in the thread, just wanted to remind the citizens of your distrust of the police.
I knew of some of the good guys when the "angry" posts started to appear. It's been a busy week at work and if I had been on my game better, I would have leaked out some vague comment to establish solidarity/blueness. Oh well, we won anyway.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

We didn't kill SDD because we were mostly confident that MR25 would do the correct thing and not save himself for the first time, and that's how it went.
Willie Kool
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Willie Kool »

MRandall25 wrote:
Willie Kool wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:
Willie Kool wrote:
Then people would wonder why the votes on him got knocked away (unless you had something in the explanation).

Of course you didn't know it, but I was planning to write it up that whoever you saved was taken to the hospital - and therefore not available to be voted on. When the person returned the next day, people would be left to wonder if it had really been a save.
Last edited by Willie Kool on Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

@dodint: So why not kill MR25?

Oh, and how did you baddies decide whom to kill?

BigMcK on Night 1 was ... unusual. That's frankly the kind of play I would make as a baddie.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

redwill wrote:@dodint: So why not kill MR25?

Oh, and how did you baddies decide whom to kill?

BigMcK on Night 1 was ... unusual. That's frankly the kind of play I would make as a baddie.
The power of his narcissism was overwhelming. Pop-not-pop.

I pushed to recruit you from the very beginning, when the chances were much greater that we'd not get a green. Granted, it wouldn't have mattered anyway except for maybe we would have had a better chance at recovery. Same for PFiDC, wanted him if not you. (yes, yes, I wuv him yadda yadda)

We started initially by killing quiet ones. We figured it would cull the heard and get more people talking and we could glean information from it. Big was an easy choice because his writing is so cryptic to begin with we just off'd him so as not to have to sift through it. He's one of my favorite posters elsewhere but in a game it's too hard to find his meaning.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

dodint wrote:We started initially by killing quiet ones. We figured it would cull the heard
OK, are you just trying to get my goat?
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

Mmm, goat.

Honestly, I have a friend I chat w/on GChat all the time and his last name is Heard. I think my brain doesn't switch properly when I move to this tab sometimes.
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

We knew that one of the greens could hurt us if we tried to recruit him. We, or I, initially figured it was the seer. MRandall had also hinted at some additional power, so redwill seemed like the safest bet. Zonk.

After the big coming-out party it seemed like our only winning play. Get rid of a green, gain a red, no more vig.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

MRandall25 wrote:

I agree, that would have hurt your cause.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Gaucho wrote:We knew that one of the greens could hurt us if we tried to recruit him. We, or I, initially figured it was the seer. MRandall had also hinted at some additional power, so redwill seemed like the safest bet. Zonk.

After the big coming-out party it seemed like our only winning play. Get rid of a green, gain a red, no more vig.
Yeah, at that point it was a coin flip. We knew at least one green would be able to hurt us, but also knew that we had to get rid of a green somehow. Columbia would have been a safe recruit, but it would have been obvious he was the recruit if we picked him.
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by DocEmrick »

Flip it