Your irrational pet peeves

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Jofa Guy
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Re: Your irrational pet peeves

Post by Jofa Guy »

Taking a test and someone nonstop sniffing in their sniffles. Everyone is guilty of this but at least have se courtesy. I'd limit myself to one every 10 minutes or so in order to not be annoying. That's just me though
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

An e-mail that starts: "Good AM"

Kiss my ass...
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by tifosi77 »

IPP: Without warning, my dog daycare jacked its rates 40% overnight. Went from $1,040 for 21 days to $1,417.

Yeah, finding a new daycare.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

a cage?
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Jim »

Just for while you are at work? $50 is a lot for overnight, nevermind for only during work. $67.50 is insane!
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

I know day cares for CHILDREN that don't cost that much.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

The dog daycare that we use is $30 per day.
meow
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meow »

That's crazy. When we board ours over night, it is $36 a night for two dogs.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

We have to remember he lives in CA so everything is more expensive there....but still...
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by tifosi77 »

Tell me about it. That's fully three times what we were paying for our two pups at a place in Manhattan Beach.

However, that's not wildly out of line with prices at other places we checked out in our area. The main reason we went with this place was because they were substantially cheaper than all the other options nearby. What I object to more than the price (which is absurd) is the rate of increase. If they are having a hard time, business wise, then making their product that much more cumbersome to consume might not be the best strategy for fostering customer loyalty. The worry I have is that the majority of their clientele might not even notice that kind of an increase. I am definitely the poor guy in the room when I drop my dogs off; I routinely see Bentleys and such out front.

Petrock Hotel and Spa If you go down to their Instagram feed and look at the pic of the woman in the hat and the sleeve tat, those are my beagles on the bottom right; and they look like they are being very friendly to the doggie on its back.
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by tifosi77 »

Oh, I should add...... because I'm buying in 21-day increments, I'm actually getting something like a 15% discount. $1,417 is the discounted price.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

That's a great instagram account. That huge group shot is impressive.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

PensFanInDC wrote:We have to remember he lives in CA so everything is more expensive there....but still...
I guess it depends where. Dc is more expensive than a lot of LA
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by tifosi77 »

Make no mistake, it's a great facility. And the people there are tops.

That German Shepherd Dog in a couple of the photos is actually a police K9 washout. The cop that was training him liked him so much that he adopted him as his family pet.
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by tifosi77 »

Update: Picked up the dogs last night and the assistant manager guy (with whom I usually deal) clued me in. The price change actually went into effect two months ago; he was just maintaining the old prices for me because I'm a reliable regular. Apparently, most of the customers at this facility use daycare sporadically. They may purchase a 21-day package, but that might last them from January through June. I take my two dogs in every day, so the revenue they get from me is much more consistent.

Asst mgr guy said he is going to talk to the owner about a special pricing structure for clients like me (there are apparently only two or three others who bring their dogs in almost every day), because that kind of cost increase is a little absurd. In the meantime, he said even if they can't get the owner to make special arrangements he will simply credit my account with extra days when I buy a package. So instead of a 21-day thing, I'm getting 25. I felt that was a proper way to address the situation, and I'm much less panicky about things today than I was yesterday at this time.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

If someone doesn't want to sign your petition, please do not call them names as they walk away... I was just called a "****ing rape apologist pig" because it was snowing, I was trying to get back to work from lunch and some lady wanted me to sign a petition to kick a frat off campus and I didn't want to stop and sign it.
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Jim »

count2infinity wrote:If someone doesn't want to sign your petition, please do not call them names as they walk away... I was just called a "****ing rape apologist pig" because it was snowing, I was trying to get back to work from lunch and some lady wanted me to sign a petition to kick a frat off campus and I didn't want to stop and sign it.
I would have turned around and told her what she could do with her petition, her attitude, her opinions, her face, her family, her 7 cats, and anything else that was in eye shot.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

I really just wanted to get back inside out of the snow... #priorities lol
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by tifosi77 »

You should have said, "I signed the petition earlier. I remember you; I thought you were hot."
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

But what if its a dog...
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by tifosi77 »

Waitress at the BBQ joint: I know you're slammed and the kitchen is backed up; I don't begrudge you that. But if you come back to my table four, five times with food for other people who ordered after me, and, when I check on my order status, tell me that "Yes, I saw your order at the pass", knowing that this exchange is taking place 65 minutes after I placed my order...... well, I'm sure you'll understand how that information was not received well.

I was hopeful she would have at least described my food to me.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

count2infinity wrote:If someone doesn't want to sign your petition, please do not call them names as they walk away... I was just called a "****ing rape apologist pig" because it was snowing, I was trying to get back to work from lunch and some lady wanted me to sign a petition to kick a frat off campus and I didn't want to stop and sign it.
You should have give a daniel tosh type response.
Jofa Guy
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Jofa Guy »

That's rough, why did she wait so long to check in the order. Maybe I read that incorrectly.

Im a server at a seafood kitchen, and they can't even get steaks cooked correctly. Half out kitchen quit when our old gm, who was very hardworking, got fired after relations with the hostess
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by tifosi77 »

No, she kept checking. Confirmed my order with me several times. What caused me to bristle was that, after waiting more than an hour, she was still bringing out food for people at my table that ordered like 20 minutes after I did..... and then stated that she saw my order sitting at the pass. Took so long that I asked them to just bring me a go-box when they brought the food.

Funny thing, we were there for some sort of FedEx thing that our account rep was hosting. He had told our office manager to invite coworkers, but nearly half of my company took up the offer. I am 100% sure they were not expecting as many people as showed up. She was in a tough spot; I was already on someone else's dime, so it's not like she had a lot of options to make it right.
Jofa Guy
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Jofa Guy »

If I were her, I would be straight up. Tell you that it's taking longer than expected and get a manager involved. She probably just thought that she would get tipped anyways, therefore not giving a hoot about your food. That's not right... I learned from experience to never lie to the customer, if you get caught it's horrible