Jagr Watch 2017

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
moop
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Re: Jagr to BOS

Post by moop »

I love that this thread is still alive.
Tomas
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Tomas »

moop wrote:I love that this thread is still alive.
Well, then let's make it really, really alive! :lol:

You are welcome! :lol:

Video from the shoot (~1 month ago, for the largest Czech jewelry/watches seller) here:

http://isport.blesk.cz/clanek/blesk-spo ... iptyz.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://video.idnes.cz/?idvideo=V160422_134735_cas_vir" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
djlm
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by djlm »

Surprised nobody posted here that he signed an extension with the Panthers. 1 year, 4m + 1.5 possible bonuses.

http://www.si.com/nhl/2016/05/05/jaromi ... w-contract" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
muffinarm
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by muffinarm »

It would be sweet if he would go all Gordie Howe and play into his 50's. Not thinking it'll happen, but damn, the guy is a beast.
Tomas
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Tomas »

From the world of tabloids:

Jagr's official Facebook video reaction to tabloid articles showing pictures implying that his girlfriend used to work as a pole dancer in Germany (the post has a video attached to it - I think you have to click on the link below):

https://www.facebook.com/68Jagr/videos/ ... 963322035/

Jagr's text accompanying the video:
Hi Hockey Family. I read everywhere today (as written by J. Stastna and K. Mchitarjan - based on a name he probably isn't a Czech :)) how beautifully Veronika danced, but nobody has ever mentioned how I can twirl. I hope that after watching this video journalists correct that. :) What should I say about that? 1. I have known about it for a long time. 2. I wish everybody would mind their own business. 3. As Jesus said "He who is without sin , let him be the first to throw a stone." 4. Extra.cz wanted to know what Mama Jagr would say about it. And so she says to you: "If I had a body for that, I'd go to dance as well. It would for sure be more entertaining than "dancing" on a farm or in a kitchen." :) :) )))) ...... How do you like my dance? :):))
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

Tomas wrote:From the world of tabloids:

Jagr's official Facebook video reaction to tabloid articles showing pictures implying that his girlfriend used to work as a pole dancer in Germany (the post has a video attached to it - I think you have to click on the link below):

Hi Hockey Family. I read everywhere today (as written by J. Stastna and K. Mchitarjan - based on a name he probably isn't a Czech :)) how beautifully Veronika danced, but nobody has ever mentioned how I can twirl. I hope that after watching this video journalists correct that. :) What should I say about that? 1. I have known about it for a long time. 2. I wish everybody would mind their own business. 3. As Jesus said "He who is without sin , let him be the first to throw a stone." 4. Extra.cz wanted to know what Mama Jagr would say about it. And so she says to you: "If I had a body for that, I'd go to dance as well. It would for sure be more entertaining than "dancing" on a farm or in a kitchen." :) :) )))) ...... How do you like my dance? :):))
Got so excited, accidentally hit submit without typing anything. :lol:

I LOVE THAT MAN! What a good sport. Not just a superstar athlete, but a fun loving attitude. Outside of hockey, that's Jagr's best video! :lol:
Tomas
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Tomas »

dagny wrote:
Tomas wrote:From the world of tabloids:

Got so excited, accidentally hit submit without typing anything. :lol:

I LOVE THAT MAN! What a good sport. Not just a superstar athlete, but a fun loving attitude. Outside of hockey, that's Jagr's best video! :lol:
So here is part 2 - Instagram reaction of Jagr's girlfriend:
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Google translated:
I would like to thank all those who support me and write very nice messages. Mainly you're the reason why I decided to comment on the articles that meet Monday tabloid servers.

The work I came home from day to day. The company for which I worked, I owed payment umpteenth in a row. On the neck debts caused mainly by close person I trusted.
I did not have basic things - rent, hire and food.
This is what led me to start dancing, definitely I do not use that as an excuse to get me some regret. It was my decision. At that moment, the "fastest and best" temporary way to get out of all the problems that have been a nightmare. I always fend for itself.
During the week I had a normal job and on weekends to earn bigger money went to a dance club Table Angels as a topless dancer. This was the extreme limit. Speculation about sexual services are absurd. In no Sex World / Eros (as indicated by the media), I've never been.
With such a living situation one is inclined to confide in, especially at a time when it is experiencing. Therefore we knew about it only a few people close to them. It is not something to boast about, but it has a vital chapter and part of my past, because of it, from the very start, knew my current boyfriend.
I know who the information about my past came to the media, and I thank him, the man on one side of me a great favor - do not have to worry about the day when Affair "burst."
Tomas
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Tomas »

Jagr's new video - confronting a paparazzo (with a touch of Beverly Hills Cop) :D

Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

Jagr marketing the Cats new uniforms - and the MULLET is now BACK COMPLETELY :thumb: :D
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

Rob Ray said that Jagr's hair is so thick and so long that things could be living in it and he wouldnt know about it :D
ville5
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ville5 »

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/Headlines ... eId=447232" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

https://www.nhl.com/news/jaromir-jagr-g ... =281396148" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jaromir Jagr gives Nick Bjugstad monkey for scoring

All Nick Bjugstad needed to break his scoring drought was some encouragement from Jaromir Jagr and a little monkey named Annabelle.

Bjugstad had a rough start to the season. He sustained a broken hand in the preseason, didn't play until Nov. 22, then didn't score a goal in his first 13 games.

But Jagr promised Bjugstad a monkey for Christmas and couldn't wait to hand it over once Bjugstad scored his first goal of the season against the Buffalo Sabres on Tuesday. Credit Keith Yandle with the assist (he brought the primate to the rink).

It wasn't a real monkey, though this one might be about as close as you could get while staying on the right side of the law. According to the manufacturer, Annabelle is fully poseable and made of a lifelike vinyl with a cloth body for optimal hugging and cuddling, and she's handpainted to look extra realistic.

And it appears Jagr has been thinking about this whole monkey thing for a while.

"He keeps telling me he is going to buy two monkeys, one for me and one for him," Bjugstad told TSN. "I keep trying to tell him it's illegal to own a monkey, or something. I don't know what we'd do when we go on the road."

Jagr has done nothing if not proven he is determined.

"You know how on Christmas morning, some people get a ring at the doorbell and there's a big package with a bow on the top?" Jagr said. "There's going to be a monkey inside for [Bjugstad]. It's going to be awesome."

Well, obviously Jagr couldn't wait for Christmas because Annabelle made her first appearance in Bjugstad's locker on Thursday. No word if Jagr got one for himself, but he can add another accolade to his impressive career: elite gift-giver.

The Panthers will need a spark for a return to the postseason, and maybe this cuddly, snuggly rally monkey is the answer they've been looking for.
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

Tomas
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Tomas »

Some never before seen pics from Jagr family archives:

2-years:

No. 4:

High school grade card (vyborny=A, chvalitebny=B, dobry=C)

First Stanley cup with mom&dad:

:)

Pipe and briefs :)

1998:

Family limo (purchased from Petr Klima!)

Last game:

2004:
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

Jagr should write a memoir after he retires. Thanks for sharing!
Tomas
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Tomas »

Just for fun (it's pretty bad, I think) - new anthem of Kladno Knight (the team owned by mighty JJ, who also shows up in the clip). Enjoy! :)

http://tv.blesk.cz/video/3277886/jagr-z ... ytire.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by penny lane »

thank-you!
Hopefully the LV Knights don't steal any ideas. 8-)
I like full metal knight concept.
Tomas wrote:Just for fun (it's pretty bad, I think) - new anthem of Kladno Knight (the team owned by mighty JJ, who also shows up in the clip). Enjoy! :)

http://tv.blesk.cz/video/3277886/jagr-z ... ytire.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Jagr Watch 2017

Post by Admin »

Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

Pierre LeBrun ✔ @PierreVLeBrun
Further to @DarrenDreger, Jaromir Jagr's agent Petr Svoboda confirms the Panthers have cut ties. Jagr hitting the open market.
4:23 PM - 1 Jul 2017
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

I love this farewell video to Florida from Jagr:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--lcme0sL8Q[/youtube]

Its hilarious and sad at the same time....
Tomas
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Tomas »

DID SOMEBODY SAY JAGR WATCH???? :P

Just in case you don't know what to do with CZK 84,900... :)

https://www.klenotyaurum.cz/kolekcejaromirjagr68/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Humperdink »

^^^^^ 84,400 CZK = a shade under $4K USD
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

The mullet lives on for another season :fist:
Tomas
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Tomas »

iSport.cz has an interview with Jagr (Google translated: https://translate.google.com/translate? ... edit-text=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ). Some interesting tidbits:

Q: What made you pick Calgary in the end? The St. Louis offer was similar.

A: Practically identical. Calgary...{exhales} was one of the teams that was there since the beginning. St. Louis came calling only after their players got injured. There is a possibility that some of their guys would return during the season, and I would be pushed aside. Regardless of how I play. In Calgary, I believe everything will be open and whatever happens is up to me.

Q: Your contract is being described as $1M + another $1M as a bonus. Didn't money matter anymore?

A: A few would offer more to somebody as old as me. On the other hand, there is no pressure now. {laughing} Being the worst paid player on the roster isn't actually that bad. No one will expect 50, 60 points in the season. Third, fourth line - no problem.

Q: Did it matter that you know coach Glen Gulutzan a little bit?

A: Yep, we talked to each other. He coached me in Dallas, so we have been sort of connected. I have some rough idea...

Q: Is Canada special for you? The first contract in this country.

A: It will be interesting. I have never played there, so one of the reasons was to experience it. It's 99.9% likely this will be my last NHL season, so I can at least say that once in my career I will have played for a Canadian team.

Q: Did you recall the match you played in 1989 against Calgary in Prague?

A: My first match for the {Czechoslovak} National Team. I was 17, just a little different situation. Symbolic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=synBeuBnVCc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

After Hours: Flames’ Jagr talks celebrations and the mullet

Good video.