Jagr Watch 2017

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
Tomas
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: Jagr to BOS

Post by Tomas »

If you were a visitor in Pens locker room in the 90's, you might have ran into the short gentleman who was there pretty much after every game:

His name is Lubomir "Cuzak" Rys, and for 15 years, he worked as Jagr's "personal assistant/secretary." Jagr talked about him in some of the interviews (http://letsgopens.com/tomas_translations.php?id=3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; , http://letsgopens.com/tomas_translations.php?id=46" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; )

As of today, Mr. Rys, together with his wife, is in a police custody. They are accused to be a part of a group that was involved in quite a large tax-evasion scheme (about $14 million). According to this article (https://translate.google.com/translate? ... edit-text=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ) it does not look like Mr. Rys was the mastermind behind the operations. But the article suggests Mr. Rys' involvement may be tied to HC Kladno - the hockey club owned by Jaromir Jagr (and managed by Jagr's father). HC Kladno has already officially disassociated itself from Mr. Rys....
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

Puck Daddy
A 43rd birthday card to the legendary Jaromir Jagr

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck- ... 56626.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by AlexPKeaton »

I still want him back in Pittsburgh I don't care lol.
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by MalkinIsMyHomeboy »

Jagr to Floria

allofmywat.jpg
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

Jaromir Jagr, 1992 wrote:If they don't want to sign me, they don't need me. I don't consider Pittsburgh my team any more. I love the fans; Pittsburgh has great people. But if they have no money, trade me. I want to be traded where there's beaches. I have two Stanley Cup rings. I don't need more rings. I just need money and beaches and girls.
Article link: http://www.si.com/vault/1992/10/12/1273 ... cholovakia" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by canaan on Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SubtropicalPenguin
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by SubtropicalPenguin »

Jagr trade was for a 2nd in this year's draft and a conditional third in next year's draft.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

So Jags is on his 8th NHL team.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

well, better Florida than NYR/WAS/NYI/Etc.
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Lt. Dish »

relantel wrote:well, better Florida than NYR/WAS/NYI/Etc.
Absolutely, but it's still so Jagr-to-Dallassy. Bleh. I guess he'll be good for the yutes.

The idea of him coming home and sailing off down the Ohio into retirement grew on me day by day.

Sorry, Lesky. :cry:

Ian Mendes ✔ @ian_mendes
Jaromir Jagr has been in the NHL longer than the Florida Panthers.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

And that's even subtracting his KHL years. In fact, he hasn't won a cup since the Panthers joined the NHL. :wink:
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Post by Pitt87 »

Lt. Dish wrote:
Absolutely, but it's still so Jagr-to-Dallassy. Bleh. I guess he'll be good for the yutes.

The idea of him coming home and sailing off down the Ohio into retirement grew on me day by day.

Ian Mendes ✔ @ian_mendes
Did you say 'yutes'? What is a 'yute'?
Spoiler:
:lol:
Tico Rick
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Tico Rick »

I'm a little surprised that Lamoriello couldn't get anything more for Jagr... maybe the Bruins and Hawks are both more keen on getting Vermette.

I also wonder if GMJR ever had any serious discussions with Lamoriello about JJ, given the Pens' cap constraints. It would have been a storybook ending to an incredible career if he could have come back to the Pens and helped them win a Cup, but such is life.
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Lt. Dish »

Pitt87 wrote:
Lt. Dish wrote:

Ian Mendes ✔ @ian_mendes
Did you say 'yutes'? What is a 'yute'?
Spoiler:
:lol:
That scene in My Cousin Vinny still cracks me up. :thumb:
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Post by Pitt87 »

Tico Rick wrote:I'm a little surprised that Lamoriello couldn't get anything more for Jagr... maybe the Bruins and Hawks are both more keen on getting Vermette.

I also wonder if GMJR ever had any serious discussions with Lamoriello about JJ, given the Pens' cap constraints. It would have been a storybook ending to an incredible career if he could have come back to the Pens and helped them win a Cup, but such is life.
Its funny... I've heard this both ways. Those two picks are worth more than anything Jagr could do, and Lou could have landed a top prospect for 68.

Devils draft really well. Remains to be seen what they got for Jagr.
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Lt. Dish »

Tico Rick wrote:I'm a little surprised that Lamoriello couldn't get anything more for Jagr... maybe the Bruins and Hawks are both more keen on getting Vermette.

From the NHL.com article today, it appears that Lou and Jags never talked about a trade. Sounds like even if Jags were to have said, "Hey, call the Pens," Lou wouldn't have gone for allowing Jags to hamstring him--a luxury that Craig Patrick didn't have all those many years ago...

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=7553 ... l:topheads" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lou Lamoriello: "Jaromir never came to me, we never had a discussion about a trade, never had a discussion about where, when, how, why," Lamoriello said. "[That's] not something we feel is the way you should operate with players as far as you have to think about what's best for the organization; players understand that. ... I think Jaromir understands that."
Tico Rick
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Tico Rick »

Pitt87 wrote:Devils draft really well. Remains to be seen what they got for Jagr.
That's a really good point.
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

TOMAS, can you translate this article? Would be great!

http://isport.blesk.cz/clanek/hokej-nhl ... vyzva.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Crankshaft »

Jagr did not ask to Florida: We are like goods. But it's a challenge

Yesterday at four o'clock in the afternoon US time called him general manager Lou Lamoriello: Are you going to Florida! "It's not easy to pick, pack everything up and go play without training two weekend matches in two days. But we in the NHL as a commodity, nothing can be done, "says 43 year old female attacker in an interview for the newspaper Sport. Forward it to him Devils boss did not consult.

How does it go? "Within thirty in the afternoon, I was at the stadium, because I looked at the phone on how to play Kladno. Ended extension, oblíknul and I went home. I jumped to buy and at four o'clock he calls me Lou Lamoriello and says: We did exchange, you're going to Florida. And it was. It's that simple ... "Smiling describes an event that late in the evening time Czech disturbing events overseas.

When the Czech legend transitioning from Dallas to Boston two years ago, the club with him ahead consulted. And he cried and representatives Stars. This time, nothing like that. Ahead of interest in Florida knew. She stood by him vehementě already after the end of last season. At that moment, but he had no reason to leave the Devils, so with a club in Newark agreed to a new contract. "There was no reason for me to go away," said Jagr. But the great concern of Florida knew a long time. But currently in connection with TREJD not had a chance to influence. Forward nobody from Panthers currently contacted in advance. "Nothing. Even the least, "he said. Himself while thinking it will have room to choose. Or react in any way. "I myself thought that this would happen, that will give me a chance to choose. I counted with it. But on the other hand, it is not easy, because those teams that you can afford, really not much. As I walked up and said: Hey, come to replace me there ... The club must have an interest, which could possibly be affected by the fact that I recently played too much, so I failed. And then especially the team must have the financial reserves under the ceiling. Which also has a lot of them, "Jagr calculated.

Today the team will still practice. And now the weekend ahead of him two games. Both afternoon, misses therefore no skate with Florida. A straight into the action!
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

Cats wont make the playoffs, so Jagr will stay put at 199 playoff points. Crap.
Tico Rick
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Tico Rick »

Crankshaft wrote:Jagr did not ask to Florida: We are like goods. But it's a challenge

Yesterday at four o'clock in the afternoon US time called him general manager Lou Lamoriello: Are you going to Florida! "It's not easy to pick, pack everything up and go play without training two weekend matches in two days. But we in the NHL as a commodity, nothing can be done, "says 43 year old female attacker in an interview for the newspaper Sport. Forward it to him Devils boss did not consult.
So Jaromir had a sex change? Or he attacks females?
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

They will need to buy a cats jersey now :D
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Penguins - 11 seasons
Caps - 2 1/2 seasons
Rags - 3 1/2 seasons
Flyers - 1 season
Stars - 1/2 season
Bruins - 1/2 season
Devils - 1 1/2 seasons
Panthers - 1/2 season

That's all of his seasons with his respective teams (give or take, 1/2 seasons means traded, could only be a few weeks, but who cares).

If you add them all up, still doesn't equal the time with the Pens. That's pretty amazing.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

That's a great pic Lesky.
Tico Rick
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Tico Rick »

newarenanow wrote:Penguins - 11 seasons
Caps - 2 1/2 seasons
Rags - 3 1/2 seasons
Flyers - 1 season
Stars - 1/2 season
Bruins - 1/2 season
Devils - 1 1/2 seasons
Panthers - 1/2 season

That's all of his seasons with his respective teams (give or take, 1/2 seasons means traded, could only be a few weeks, but who cares).

If you add them all up, still doesn't equal the time with the Pens. That's pretty amazing.
I wonder if, when all is said and done, he'll be one of those athletes who signs a one-day contract with the Pens so he can retire with them as his team.