The Walking Dead

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: The Walking Dead

Post by DelPen »

Zarovich wrote:And Fear the Walking Dead no longer interests me.
With the two recent big deaths there better be a huge confrontation coming that Strand warned about as to why they were building an army.
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

DelPen wrote:
Zarovich wrote:And Fear the Walking Dead no longer interests me.
With the two recent big deaths there better be a huge confrontation coming that Strand warned about as to why they were building an army.
Fear is at the exact same point TWD was when the main group split up and is now leading separate groups. Already been done and it wasn’t very good. I am only watching at this point because I have so much time invested in watching it. If it was on at a time during the week where I had something else to do, I would not watch it. Fear had its “Glenn” death imo and the most recent death didn’t do anything for me because I thought the character was terrible.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

The biggest downside is they aren't doing Talking during these middle Fear episodes. Just the midseason premiere and the season finale.

Agree with the sentiment that the extra TWD episodes were filler fluff. Though much of the middle season episodes were the same thing. It's not a new concept for them.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Looks like they brought back Talking Dead last week but all remote?
Sigwolf
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Sigwolf »

DelPen wrote:Looks like they brought back Talking Dead last week but all remote?
Talking Dead has been remote when aired since early last year, regardless of the show covered.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

DelPen wrote:Looks like they brought back Talking Dead last week but all remote?
This Spring, and last Fall, Fear only had Talking for the season/midseason premiere and the midseason finale, plus Sunday before last.

And World Beyond, I think they had Talking Dead for those?
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Wondering if they will substitute Darryl for Rick to close out the TV series like they did the comics.

I haven’t watched any of Beyond but there is a marathon on AMC this week I’m recording to catch up on.
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

DelPen wrote:Wondering if they will substitute Darryl for Rick to close out the TV series like they did the comics.

I haven’t watched any of Beyond but there is a marathon on AMC this week I’m recording to catch up on.
A Beyond marathon! I can barely watch one episode :scared:

I doubt Daryl takes Ricks comic role since Daryl and Carol are spinning off to another Walking Dead series of their own. I think Aaron takes Ricks comic role in the show.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Zarovich wrote:
DelPen wrote:Wondering if they will substitute Darryl for Rick to close out the TV series like they did the comics.

I doubt Daryl takes Ricks comic role since Daryl and Carol are spinning off to another Walking Dead series of their own. I think Aaron takes Ricks comic role in the show.
Didn’t know AMC is going to try to keep this going. Aaron though would be a good substitute, unless of course we get a surprise that Rick actually shows up before the movies that might not ever get made.

Really rough for Judith to have both of her dads not be there for her along with both of her moms too. Worlds. Worst. Parents.
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

DelPen wrote:
Zarovich wrote:

Didn’t know AMC is going to try to keep this going. Aaron though would be a good substitute, unless of course we get a surprise that Rick actually shows up before the movies that might not ever get made.

Really rough for Judith to have both of her dads not be there for her along with both of her moms too. Worlds. Worst. Parents.
Judith’s bio parents are long dead but how does Michonne bail on her son after losing a son already. Should have killed her off. Terrible story line there.
Sigwolf
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Sigwolf »

The main show reached a new level of stupid to open the new season. Suddenly, despite no evidence of this ever happening over the past ten seasons, walkers go to sleep en masse. Then anyone can just walk right over them if they are really quiet... :face:
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

Sigwolf wrote:The main show reached a new level of stupid to open the new season. Suddenly, despite no evidence of this ever happening over the past ten seasons, walkers go to sleep en masse. Then anyone can just walk right over them if they are really quiet... :face:
It is from the comics. There are actually two types of walkers. Roamers and lurkers. The show is mostly roamers but there has been lurkers. That was a very large group of lurkers though.
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

Zarovich wrote:
Sigwolf wrote:The main show reached a new level of stupid to open the new season. Suddenly, despite no evidence of this ever happening over the past ten seasons, walkers go to sleep en masse. Then anyone can just walk right over them if they are really quiet... :face:
It is from the comics. There are actually two types of walkers. Roamers and lurkers. The show is mostly roamers but there has been lurkers. That was a very large group of lurkers though.
While I'm gonna mostly agree on the stupidity throughout the last few seasons (but, hey I'm still watching them all), they did bring this up in Talking Dead. Basically, exactly what Zaro said (along with, they've always wanted to do this).

My issue has been: What happened to the VIRUS? Seeking a CURE, a prophylactic, a treatment, anything?! I was never into zombie stuff (I'm a vampire buff :lol: ), started watching TWD in the 3rd season because the whole virus/cure quest, explanation for animated corpses, was different. Also, all the rules established from the beginning (remember when scratches used to infect, or how LONG it took for a living infected to turn?, etc.) seem to have been fudged if not just thrown to the wayside.

Also, don't get me started on losing
Spoiler:
John Dorie on FTWD.
I'm about to delve back in this thread, so maybe the answer will be there, but does anyone else have a grasp on where the timelines of each show are at, at this point?
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

Your spoiler is the reason that show is dead to me, pun intended lol
Sigwolf
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Sigwolf »

dagny wrote: While I'm gonna mostly agree on the stupidity throughout the last few seasons (but, hey I'm still watching them all), they did bring this up in Talking Dead. Basically, exactly what Zaro said (along with, they've always wanted to do this).
There's a heck of a lot of divergence from the comic storyline that doesn't really justify the sudden insertion of a major change in walker behavior that has never been so much as hinted in the previous ten seasons of the show, not to mention just pretending the main characters are suddenly just aware of this previously undemonstrated behavior... I stand by my original statement... just dumb.

Anyway, don't bother trying to figure out the timeline of the abomination that is the "World Beyond". They're thankfully putting a knife in that head after this upcoming season.
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

Sigwolf wrote:
dagny wrote: While I'm gonna mostly agree on the stupidity throughout the last few seasons (but, hey I'm still watching them all), they did bring this up in Talking Dead. Basically, exactly what Zaro said (along with, they've always wanted to do this).
There's a heck of a lot of divergence from the comic storyline that doesn't really justify the sudden insertion of a major change in walker behavior that has never been so much as hinted in the previous ten seasons of the show, not to mention just pretending the main characters are suddenly just aware of this previously undemonstrated behavior... I stand by my original statement... just dumb.

Anyway, don't bother trying to figure out the timeline of the abomination that is the "World Beyond". They're thankfully putting a knife in that head after this upcoming season.
World Beyond was advertised as 2 season only show, I’m surprised it made it passed 2 episodes. I didn’t.
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

Series finale did not disappoint as I had very low expectations going in. With all the announced spin offs, all suspense over the fate of characters was lost. Trying to include story lines for all the minor characters in the last few episodes just diluted them and didn’t create any attachment to them. The fate of these characters didn’t matter much because of this. Show greatly suffered from a bloated cast and rushed ending. I still want to know where Heath is and why nobody bothered to ask Tara about this!
FLPensFan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by FLPensFan »

I gave up on this show when COVID shut everything down. Their schedule just got too out of whack for a show that was already causing me to lose interest. At some point, I'll go back and watch the last season and a half...I honestly couldn't even tell you where I left off because there was no OMG events anymore.

I have the large compendium book series for the comics that I have never read (maybe 50-100 pages) that I look forward to maybe reading first.

I have no idea what happened in the series finale, only that I heard it disappointed most because they were too worried about preserving stuff for all the spinoffs. That's a shame, because with Walking Dead, Fear the Walking Dead, Word Beyond....then COVID...this show is toast. Unless there is a Rick or Daryl spin-off, I don't know how they think they're gonna have any great viewership. They flooded the market and poor writing mid-way through killed the show.
Sigwolf
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Sigwolf »

FLPensFan wrote:Unless there is a Rick or Daryl spin-off
Both have already been announced. The Rick and Michonne series is only planned as a six ep miniseries and doesn't have a release date, so who knows when that will come out. The Daryl series is filming now and comes out next year. It may succeed just based on Norman Reedus, but seeing how it is set in France with zombies that behave completely differently it just sort of comes across as bad Daryl fan-fic at this point.

I thought the finale wasn't horrible, and it was certainly better than most of the episodes the last few seasons.
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

Sigwolf wrote:
Both have already been announced. The Rick and Michonne series is only planned as a six ep miniseries and doesn't have a release date, so who knows when that will come out. The Daryl series is filming now and comes out next year. It may succeed just based on Norman Reedus, but seeing how it is set in France with zombies that behave completely differently it just sort of comes across as bad Daryl fan-fic at this point.

I thought the finale wasn't horrible, and it was certainly better than most of the episodes the last few seasons.
Don’t forget the Maggie and Negan spin off. I would rather see a Negan and Carol spin off because Maggie really shouldn’t have a reason to go off with Negan unless he is helping look for Herschel.

The alternate ending to the series finale would have been much better than the one they used.
Pruezy11881
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Pruezy11881 »

Zarovich wrote:Series finale did not disappoint as I had very low expectations going in. With all the announced spin offs, all suspense over the fate of characters was lost. Trying to include story lines for all the minor characters in the last few episodes just diluted them and didn’t create any attachment to them. The fate of these characters didn’t matter much because of this. Show greatly suffered from a bloated cast and rushed ending. I still want to know where Heath is and why nobody bothered to ask Tara about this!
I saw a preview poster/ad for Rick's spin off and Heath was included in it. I assume you will learn his fate and how he ended up there at some point.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Zarovich wrote:
Sigwolf wrote:

Don’t forget the Maggie and Negan spin off. I would rather see a Negan and Carol spin off because Maggie really shouldn’t have a reason to go off with Negan unless he is helping look for Herschel.

The alternate ending to the series finale would have been much better than the one they used.
There were way too many happy endings. There were two supporting cast deaths and one was pretty meh, and if I’m missing any others it’s because nothing about the series finale was particularly memorable.

I avoided any spoilers or discussions until I caught up today, what is the alternate ending?
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

DelPen wrote:
Zarovich wrote:
Sigwolf wrote:

There were way too many happy endings. There were two supporting cast deaths and one was pretty meh, and if I’m missing any others it’s because nothing about the series finale was particularly memorable.

I avoided any spoilers or discussions until I caught up today, what is the alternate ending?
They time jump more than a year and show the kids grown up. They are driving down the highway Rick rode his horse on in Episode 1 into Atlanta. RJ speaks into a radio asking if anyone can hear him. He says “This is Rick Grimes”. It is a call back to when Rick was trying to contact people with his radio at the beginning. Someone answers RJ though with a “Hello?” It was supposed to be Judith, RJ, Coco, and Gracie out looking for more survivors to help.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

I actually like that better but I am thinking they might want to bring back those same actors in a few years for a continuation and didn't want to not have that option with the current actors and of course, they are doing all these spin offs with the adult actors anyways and that ending brings closure to the current show and cast.
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

DelPen wrote:I actually like that better but I am thinking they might want to bring back those same actors in a few years for a continuation and didn't want to not have that option with the current actors and of course, they are doing all these spin offs with the adult actors anyways and that ending brings closure to the current show and cast.
Show runners said they didn’t want to show the future of some characters due to the spin-offs. Showings the kids as adults would limit what they could do regarding the kids and the spin-offs. I still think it would have been the best way to end the series, with that scene. But what do I know :pop: