The Walking Dead

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: The Walking Dead

Post by DelPen »

The time jump matches the arc in the comics. What’s coming up can be really, really well written and if they do what I think they are going to do mid season finale it’s going to be one of the best scenes ever on the show.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

DelPen wrote:The time jump matches the arc in the comics. What’s coming up can be really, really well written and if they do what I think they are going to do mid season finale it’s going to be one of the best scenes ever on the show.
The lead up to it sure seems lame.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Never mind, they blew it.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

DelPen wrote:Never mind, they blew it.
And, another time jump!
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

relantel wrote:
DelPen wrote:Never mind, they blew it.
And, another time jump!
They should have just lead with that, nothing that happened in the first 5 episodes couldn’t have been done in 30 minutes.
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

Negan is the best character, hands down.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Zarovich wrote:Negan is the best character, hands down.
Judith becoming a close second. So far it looks like they are subbing the blonde kid for Carl in the Whisperers plot so that’s ok I guess. At least there is something new now instead of the normal human vs human violence.

And Darryl’s idea to shoot the walkers in the legs to see who screamed? Brilliant.
Sigwolf
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Sigwolf »

DelPen wrote: At least there is something new now instead of the normal human vs human violence.
Wait... what now? Humans wearing walker skin to commit violence against humans is different than human vs human violence?
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Sigwolf wrote:
DelPen wrote: At least there is something new now instead of the normal human vs human violence.
Wait... what now? Humans wearing walker skin to commit violence against humans is different than human vs human violence?
I’d say it is. Before you knew the threat, now you can’t be sure. But let’s have another five seasons of Team A killing members of Team B and team B getting revenge and repeat.
Sigwolf
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Sigwolf »

They couldn't be sure for about half an episode. Now, at best, they know not to take slow walkers for granted. The "whisperers" aren't exactly proving to stay in character very well or very long. Not to mention the fact that now the whole group knows that walkers haven't evolved to the point of talking. So... anyone hearing walkers "whispering" aren't really walkers, eh. The gimmick played itself out *very* quickly, and now it is just more human versus mentally unstable human violence... i.e. not much different.
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

I've been waiting to see what the Whisperer's do at the Fair. While I was pleased that it took place before a finale, I was not pleased with how it played out.
ville5
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ville5 »

Who is Eugene going to contact in the finale with his radio? Maggie and Georgie? The Commonwealth? Rick? (Seems the Commonwealth might've been who saved Rick) Someone else?
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

ville5 wrote:Who is Eugene going to contact in the finale with his radio? Maggie and Georgie? The Commonwealth? Rick? (Seems the Commonwealth might've been who saved Rick) Someone else?
If it is Rick and Michonne leaves, does she take both Judith and RJ or just RJ?
ville5
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ville5 »

I hope Judith doesn't go. I'm thoroughly enjoying her character.
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

Judith and Negan could carry the show.
ville5
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ville5 »

Zarovich wrote:Judith and Negan could carry the show.
This is what truly irks me about the show. They introduce strong, interesting characters with strong, well-written script. Then they procede to plateau or completely neglect that character for some drivel from an inane and mundane random character.
Jesus and Aaron are prime examples. They started as interesting introductions to the cast and then they were just there. But yet they decide to force feed us HenryFest. Blech.
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

ville5 wrote:
Zarovich wrote:Judith and Negan could carry the show.
This is what truly irks me about the show. They introduce strong, interesting characters with strong, well-written script. Then they procede to plateau or completely neglect that character for some drivel from an inane and mundane random character.
Jesus and Aaron are prime examples. They started as interesting introductions to the cast and then they were just there. But yet they decide to force feed us HenryFest. Blech.
Yes. Jesus and Aaron should have kept the roles they were introduced as. When they were out exploring and finding people they were interesting. Then they were reduced to characters when didn't do anything independently, they became just 2 warm bodies.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

At least it looks like they are collapsing down to two locations which hopefully means the Hill Top just gets slaughtered if all the main people are down in Alexandria now.

I haven’t read how they finish the Whisperers Arc though. Might need to reread it.
ville5
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ville5 »

https://comicbook.com/thewalkingdead/20 ... y-fleming/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Damn and I was schlepping the Press and Observer Reporter at 12. :cry:
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

Anybody watch Fear the Walking Dead? I think the last couple of seasons have been better than the Walking Dead
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

Daniel wrote:Anybody watch Fear the Walking Dead? I think the last couple of seasons have been better than the Walking Dead
Yes, Fear has been really good. I was hesitant when Morgan was going to move over but the new people they added are really good.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

Zarovich wrote:
Daniel wrote:Anybody watch Fear the Walking Dead? I think the last couple of seasons have been better than the Walking Dead
Yes, Fear has been really good. I was hesitant when Morgan was going to move over but the new people they added are really good.
I'm intrigued by this season. Setup Sunday was pretty good and has me curious about what happens next, rather than just shallow action TWD has become.
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

John is becoming the best, if not the best character on both shows. Wonder where they go with this next “crossover”, if you want to call it that.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

Zarovich wrote:John is becoming the best, if not the best character on both shows. Wonder where they go with this next “crossover”, if you want to call it that.
I have a feeling Dwight's search might be an underlying theme for awhile. Feeling either she's wherever Al is or it'll drag on for beyond this season.

To be honest with you I love how they're keeping the actually bad guys a complete mystery up to now.
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

Wow, the comic series is done.