The Walking Dead

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: The Walking Dead

Post by relantel »

Maybe they're hoping we'll salve our disgust for the finale by watching FTWD in greater numbers?
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

FTWD isn't must see for me. I am fine to DVR and catch up on it but I watch TWD live or on delay if I don't get home in time.
Sigwolf
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Sigwolf »

FTWD sucks because they had an entire season and established exactly zero likable characters. Who cares what happens to these morons?
Danansmith

Post by Danansmith »

It's kind of late......but very good!
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

Sigwolf wrote:FTWD sucks because they had an entire season and established exactly zero likable characters. Who cares what happens to these morons?
Second season is better than the first I think. You are right about liking the characters. I wouldn't be bothered by any of them dieing. Nick is the only one who seems interesting and is pretty far from what his character started as.
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

Season 7 started well.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Am I the only one who's on Negan's side here? Rick's group went around just killing his men last season fro really no provocation, just that the Hilltop wanted them gone so they would still trade. Then they continue to make really dumb decisions that led them to get captured and then got Glenn killed too.
ShaPe
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by ShaPe »

DelPen wrote:Am I the only one who's on Negan's side here? Rick's group went around just killing his men last season fro really no provocation, just that the Hilltop wanted them gone so they would still trade. Then they continue to make really dumb decisions that led them to get captured and then got Glenn killed too.
Yes I agree with you!
Was talking to my friend, Rick is just like Negan, would have done the same thing if his group was attacked and probably killed everyone and not just two
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

ShaPe wrote:
DelPen wrote:Am I the only one who's on Negan's side here? Rick's group went around just killing his men last season fro really no provocation, just that the Hilltop wanted them gone so they would still trade. Then they continue to make really dumb decisions that led them to get captured and then got Glenn killed too.
Yes I agree with you!
Was talking to my friend, Rick is just like Negan, would have done the same thing if his group was attacked and probably killed everyone and not just two
Thirded!

Spoiler:
The only thing really separating the two groups' methods (at this point) are how Negan toyed with them and toyed with cutting off Carl's arm.
I think, aside from the obvious, that whole scenario was a glimpse into the 'future' mirror for Rick, and the group, of who and what they were on the road to becoming.
Spoiler:
Is this very rude awakening a transition to Maggie as the leader at hilltop?
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

A difference is the savior's come in and take supplies while Rick and co. are looking to trade for it. Don't forget that Daryl, Abraham, and Sasha were stopped by a group of savior's on the road and Daryl blew them up. I don't think the attack on them in return for trade with the Hilltop is completely unprovoked. It just so happens that Rick's group is outmanned and outgunned by Negan's.
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

Zarovich wrote:
A difference is the savior's come in and take supplies while Rick and co. are looking to trade for it. Don't forget that Daryl, Abraham, and Sasha were stopped by a group of savior's on the road and Daryl blew them up. I don't think the attack on them in return for trade with the Hilltop is completely unprovoked. It just so happens that Rick's group is outmanned and outgunned by Negan's.
I think that Negan's group is an image of the road that Rick's group was headed toward. Perhaps Negan's group started out trading, but got screwed over so many times (just like Rick's group) that this is what they've evolved to?

In a war, which ever side you happen to be (happen to be born, live, or just land) on are the 'good' guys, to you.
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

Spoiler:
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

I don't remember really anything about Ezekiel except for one thing which may or may not be awesome in the show.
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

dagny wrote:
Zarovich wrote:
I think that Negan's group is an image of the road that Rick's group was headed toward. Perhaps Negan's group started out trading, but got screwed over so many times (just like Rick's group) that this is what they've evolved to?

In a war, which ever side you happen to be (happen to be born, live, or just land) on are the 'good' guys, to you.
I don't disagree with the notion that the side you start out on can be considered the "good" side. I was merely pointing out that some of Rick's group had encountered some of Negan's group and it wasn't a positive experience for Rick's group. They were being pre-emptive based on that encounter and talking with the Hilltop. Rick's group simply didn't have the information about Negan's group that would have let them know they were at a severe disadvantage without recruiting other groups.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

So those reading the comics...
Spoiler:
Michone = Andrea and Carol = Michone?

And I guess Daryl = Carl unless that happens later?
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

DelPen wrote:So those reading the comics...
Spoiler:

I haven't read the comics, but I read the wiki type pages, carefully avoiding spoilers. Talking Dead fills some comics stuff in, too. I'd read in one of these threads about hope that one day they'd bring in
Spoiler:
Ezekiel, so I've avoided anything about him. AM I GLAD I DID! :lol: What a character! Can't wait to see more about the kingdom and it's backstory.
Spoiler:
I guess I've done a good enough job avoiding spoilers to not know what you mean here. :D I know that, at this point, Andrea's still alive in the comics and Carol isn't.
Spoiler:
Not sure what you mean here, either. Can't wait to find that out, too! :lol:

I still have to catch up on FTWD. I'm still at the mid season point. WD gets watched on sunday nights because there's no way to avoid spoilers. :scared:
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

Zarovich wrote:
dagny wrote:
Zarovich wrote:

I don't disagree with the notion that the side you start out on can be considered the "good" side. I was merely pointing out that some of Rick's group had encountered some of Negan's group and it wasn't a positive experience for Rick's group. They were being pre-emptive based on that encounter and talking with the Hilltop. Rick's group simply didn't have the information about Negan's group that would have let them know they were at a severe disadvantage without recruiting other groups.
No doubt, Negan's people have it coming.

Maybe I'm soft on John Winchester, I mean JDM, but I'm suggesting that Negan's group didn't start out that way. Much like Rick's group didn't start out like what they've evolved to, like killing people in their sleep - pre-emptively, Rick's group would have never done that before.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

dagny wrote:
DelPen wrote:So those reading the comics...
Spoiler:

I haven't read the comics, but I read the wiki type pages, carefully avoiding spoilers. Talking Dead fills some comics stuff in, too. I'd read in one of these threads about hope that one day they'd bring in
Spoiler:
Ezekiel, so I've avoided anything about him. AM I GLAD I DID! :lol: What a character! Can't wait to see more about the kingdom and it's backstory.
Spoiler:
I guess I've done a good enough job avoiding spoilers to not know what you mean here. :D I know that, at this point, Andrea's still alive in the comics and Carol isn't.
Spoiler:
Not sure what you mean here, either. Can't wait to find that out, too! :lol:

I still have to catch up on FTWD. I'm still at the mid season point. WD gets watched on sunday nights because there's no way to avoid spoilers. :scared:

So a little more in depth if you want to know...
Spoiler:
Andrea and Rick are a couple in the comic, on the show it's Michone. Michone eventually gets together with Ezekiel after she has a brief fling with Morgan so maybe Carol does that here.

As for Daryl and Carl, Carl thinks his dad was a coward in the comic for not fighting back and decides to sneak back with Negan and try to kill him and we get a look into his community that way. He took Darryl on the show which will serve as a way to see what's going on there.

I think the way Carl was accepting of losing his arm he knows what's going on and we already saw his tough phase in the prison after the first Woodbury attack, going through that again would seem pointless.
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

dagny wrote:
Zarovich wrote:
dagny wrote:
Zarovich wrote:

No doubt, Negan's people have it coming.

Maybe I'm soft on John Winchester, I mean JDM, but I'm suggesting that Negan's group didn't start out that way. Much like Rick's group didn't start out like what they've evolved to, like killing people in their sleep - pre-emptively, Rick's group would have never done that before.
I always wonder what the group would be like if Shane was still around. I could see him having no problem doing any of these things without remorse.
ShaPe
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by ShaPe »

I still like Negan! Maybe I'm just tired of Rick. Want to see a "day" in Negans life :)
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

ShaPe wrote:I still like Negan! Maybe I'm just tired of Rick. Want to see a "day" in Negans life :)
Not me. So tired of his leaning-back-to-talk thing.

I just can't believe no one's gone after Negan so far.
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

Admin wrote:
ShaPe wrote:I still like Negan! Maybe I'm just tired of Rick. Want to see a "day" in Negans life :)
Not me. So tired of his leaning-back-to-talk thing.

I just can't believe no one's gone after Negan so far.
People have. The consequences are gruesome and final.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

I might catch up before the 2nd half starts but I'm through I think the 2nd episode where Darryl is jailed, but the episode with Tara sounds worse than a Lisa featured episode of the Simpsons.

I'm current, well almost, on the comics, am I really missing anything so far?
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

DelPen wrote:I might catch up before the 2nd half starts but I'm through I think the 2nd episode where Darryl is jailed, but the episode with Tara sounds worse than a Lisa featured episode of the Simpsons.

I'm current, well almost, on the comics, am I really missing anything so far?
The episode with Tara was awful. Don't bother watching it.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

Fear is back this weekend. It can't possibly get any worse, can it?