The Walking Dead

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: Walking Dead - Season 3

Post by columbia »

Herschel Walker's NFL career largely resembled a walking dead man.
Loaf31
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Loaf31 »

Comic Spoiler
Spoiler:
In the comics it was Dale who was bitten and had his leg cut off. He survived. Also there were only 3 "Survivors in the Prison, looks like there are a few more in the show
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

They did mention a girl was there so the prison at some point after the outbreak wasn't completely secure. They also wanted to get inside for Lori.

Some things bother me though:
They all look really well after a WINTER of running. I'm near Charlotte, it got damn cold last winter. I can't imagine the hills north of Atlanta would be pleasent to sleep in at night.

Why take Herschel with you at all? Rick, TDog, Glen, Maggie and Darryl were plenty of people to scout out the halls. Even that might have been too much. What if they all die? You are left with Carl, Lori, Carol and Beth? Not smart.

But Great start, two things I can easily look past.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

Comic book fans: Compendium 2 is out now

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

i think maggie's "AAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!" reaction when her dad got chomped was annoyingly unrealistic. come one, you're telling me that in that environment, an elderly man getting eaten by one of hundreds of zombies was that shocking? haven't you been prepared for that possibility for months now?
Loaf31
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Loaf31 »

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:Comic book fans: Compendium 2 is out now

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Got it last week, starting to read it....so far so good....

It covers comics 49-96, so there are only 6 that I do not have (97-102)
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

shmenguin wrote:i think maggie's "AAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!" reaction when her dad got chomped was annoyingly unrealistic. come one, you're telling me that in that environment, an elderly man getting eaten by one of hundreds of zombies was that shocking? haven't you been prepared for that possibility for months now?
in college, azhr used to bring home some real slam pigs, which got progressively worse over the course of his tenure at WJ...you never get desensitized to seeing pure horror.
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Spangler »

Rylan wrote:But, apparently Carl is a total badass in the comics and that makes me want to read them now.
That's too bad because I really can't stand the kid who plays him on the show.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Carl is too realistic, as he's exactly like a whiny 12 year old boy IRL.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Got to finally watch the first episode last night.
Spoiler:
I thought it was great. I liked how they picked up after moving around for the winter. Neat how they were going house to house just to get some shelter and eat scraps until more walkers come and then they have to move on.

The whole prison set up was great too. Just that tactics of clearing certain areas and taking the prison piece by piece. And finding the other survivors in the prison, that will be interesting how they are going to play that one out. Great start to the new season.
Second spolier/question:
Spoiler:
I was listening to the talk between Lori and Hershell. What did Lori do that made Rick so mad at her? I can't remember if she did something at the end of season 2, or did something happen over the winter. I missed it.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

newarenanow wrote:Got to finally watch the first episode last night.
Spoiler:
I thought it was great. I liked how they picked up after moving around for the winter. Neat how they were going house to house just to get some shelter and eat scraps until more walkers come and then they have to move on.

The whole prison set up was great too. Just that tactics of clearing certain areas and taking the prison piece by piece. And finding the other survivors in the prison, that will be interesting how they are going to play that one out. Great start to the new season.
Second spolier/question:
Spoiler:
I was listening to the talk between Lori and Hershell. What did Lori do that made Rick so mad at her? I can't remember if she did something at the end of season 2, or did something happen over the winter. I missed it.
2nd spoiler
Spoiler:
I felt her reaction over Shane's death made Rick snap. As for things happening over winter, well I don't know about that.
:facepalm:
Last edited by Rylan on Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

Spoiler Fail. :pop:
viva la ben
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by viva la ben »

I thought we didn't have to spoiler things from the first two seasons.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

That's right Rylan, forgot about that.

Can't wait until Lori gets killed off. She is annoying.
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by JeffDFD »

So 16 episodes for season three split into sections of 8 (last season was 13 episodes). I am already angry that we will see the last episode and have to wait for forever. This is really the only show I actually anticipate watching a whole lo. I watch other shows but it is more like "oh a new XYZ is on the DVR to watch, that's nice."
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by JeffDFD »

So 16 episodes for season three split into sections of 8 (last season was 13 episodes). I am already angry that we will see the last episode and have to wait for forever. This is really the only show I actually anticipate watching a whole lo. I watch other shows but it is more like "oh a new XYZ is on the DVR to watch, that's nice."
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

viva la ben wrote:I thought we didn't have to spoiler things from the first two seasons.
no spoilers for anything that's already aired. pass it on.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

Spoiler:
Okay, so if it wasn't ridiculous enough to send the doctor out to hunt walkers in episode 1... in this episode, the pregnant woman is trying to resuscitate him, knowing if he dies, she could be bitten... wtf.

That said, the stuff w the prisoners has been pretty wild.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

anyone else get sort of a racist vibe from this episode tonight?
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

The test c-section on a dead zombie was pretty :shock:
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

the wicked child wrote:
Spoiler:
Okay, so if it wasn't ridiculous enough to send the doctor out to hunt walkers in episode 1... in this episode, the pregnant woman is trying to resuscitate him, knowing if he dies, she could be bitten... wtf.

That said, the stuff w the prisoners has been pretty wild.
Spoiler:
I was pretty much gunning for Lori to be killed that way.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Another great episode. I'm getting a child molester vibe from the redneck prisoner, wouldn't be surprised to see him try something with Beth if they bring them to their cell block, and then Carl kill him. I think the black guy might be a good guy though.

Did Glenn kill the few walkers on the fence? If not he's an idiot. Why distract them when you CAN EASILY KILL THEM? I didn;t understand that in Ep1 either when Rick was just patrolling the fence.

As far as anything racial, they are in a prison near Atlanta. It's going to be mostly minority. There haven't been nearly enough black zombies considering where they are.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

i was glad that they nipped the pony tail in the bud. considering the lengths that rick was willing to go to in the bar near the farm, it wouldn't have made any sense if he let that guy live any longer.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

I thought last night was great. Dealing with the other group of survivors. I like how they go about clearing cell blocks. Also, glad he made the move to kill that one guy. The other two don't seem to be a threat, although who knows what will happen.

I agree with Delpen too, why not just kill the other walkers when they were outside? If that was me, every walker I could take out, that is one less to worry about.

And the previews for next week looks like they are going to start diving into the other story lines and introduce new characters (for you comic guys).
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

What I was referring to about the racism.... This show has one black main character and he's useless. Then tonight, they introduce 3 more minority characters, and one is a violent criminal who tries to kill Rick, and another is a coward.

This is also coupled with doing away with tyrese from the comics. I guess Michonne will help tilt the scales in the other direction, though.