Baby Pens sign Eaton to PTO

Forum for Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins and Wheeling Nailers messages.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Baby Pens sign Eaton to PTO

Post by MRandall25 »

ville5 wrote:It's possible Lovejoy and/or Bortuzzo are on their way out if Eaton has a successful PTO. Then Eaton is the reserve.
He'd have to clear waivers to come up. If Shero wanted him to play in the NHL, he would've signed him to an NHL contract.
MayIsForHockey
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by MayIsForHockey »

I will always wish Mark Eaton the best...great guy. While we were eating at a nice Italian restaurant in Stockholm, coincidentally the same restaurant as two large tables of Pens players (thank you concierge), Mark Eaton came up to our table, introduced himself and talked to us for five minutes. My 12-year-old son was thrilled.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

MRandall25 wrote:
ville5 wrote:It's possible Lovejoy and/or Bortuzzo are on their way out if Eaton has a successful PTO. Then Eaton is the reserve.
He'd have to clear waivers to come up. If Shero wanted him to play in the NHL, he would've signed him to an NHL contract.
Not ture, Eaton was not under contract with an NHL team prior to today, he does not need to clear any waivers to sign with an NHL club if he gets an offer.

The Pittsburgh Penguins have no connection to this deal.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

DelPen wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:
Not ture, Eaton was not under contract with an NHL team prior to today, he does not need to clear any waivers to sign with an NHL club if he gets an offer.

But if he signs with the club while still with their AHL affiliate, doesn't that mean he's in the AHL, and thus has to clear waivers?
pugilist13
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by pugilist13 »

MRandall25 wrote:
DelPen wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:

But if he signs with the club while still with their AHL affiliate, doesn't that mean he's in the AHL, and thus has to clear waivers?
Not to sound like a jerk, but considering 29 other clubs have passed on him for the last six months, i doubt they will be falling over each other to file a waiver claim on Mark Eaton.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

MRandall25 wrote: But if he signs with the club while still with their AHL affiliate, doesn't that mean he's in the AHL, and thus has to clear waivers?
Pretty sure the AHL PTO is exempt. You can only do 2 per season maxing out at 50 games so it's not a good way to hide players in your system. The AHL team can cancel them at any time too.

Knuble signed one with Grand Rapids, if he gets in game shape I expect the Wings to sign him to an NHL deal.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

They also signed Tom Kostopolous. When do they bring back Kris Beech?
pugilist13
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by pugilist13 »

I heard Richard Zemlak may be looking for work.
murphydump55
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by murphydump55 »

According to Rossi, Shero is in talks to trade Lovejoy. I would expect him to play tomorrow and be showcased. If he's traded, enter Eaton......and I'd gladly take him and his shot blocking abilities.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

murphydump55 wrote:According to Rossi, Shero is in talks to trade Lovejoy. I would expect him to play tomorrow and be showcased. If he's traded, enter Eaton......and I'd gladly take him and his shot blocking abilities.
Trading Lovejoy doesn't mean Eaton comes up. They've got 8 defensemen on the roster right now; Bylsma doesn't like that so someone has to be moved.