Other NHL Games 2016-17

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: Other NHL Games 2016-17

Post by Humperdink »

djlm wrote:What's with the half empty arena for a Conference Final game???
Yeah I saw that. Maybe they're all hung up in traffic. It was a 6PM start out in neverland.
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Humperdink »

One period in the books and it didn't take me long to hate the Ducks style of play. Slashes, late hits and cheap shots by the Ducks, especially Getzlaf. Doing his best Dubinsky impression.

Of course Dingleberry thought it was awesome.
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Humperdink »

The Real Deal is on a roll. Scored the game winner in Game 1 vs. the Mighty Clucks. Just scored again in Game 2.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

Preds are on some run.
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Humperdink »

After watching the first have of the game where the Pre-dators dominated, I was surprised the Ducks responded as well as they did. Quite a turnaround. Hoping for a long series.
Last edited by Humperdink on Tue May 16, 2017 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cu11en
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Cu11en »

Humperdink wrote:
djlm wrote:What's with the half empty arena for a Conference Final game???
Yeah I saw that. Maybe they're all hung up in traffic. It was a 6PM start out in neverland.
And 4:30 PM on Mother's Day didn't help either. Honda Center should have a huge surplus of towels for Game 5.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

Humperdink wrote:After watching the first have of the game where the Pre-daters dominated, I was surprised the Ducks responded as well as they did. Quite a turnaround. Hoping for a long series.
Agreed. Good job by Anaheim coming back and making this a series.
BuckintheLou
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by BuckintheLou »

Another tight one in the WCF last night. Preds come out with another win after being down.
These guys haven't lost a playoff game at home as of yet this season (I think?).
Three pucks found the back of the net but were waived off (1 for ANA, 2 for NSH).
Don't much care for the Ducks. Talented, big, ugly and somewhat dirty. Yep. Pretty sure I hate 'em.
Great58
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Great58 »

BuckintheLou wrote:Another tight one in the WCF last night. Preds come out with another win after being down.
These guys haven't lost a playoff game at home as of yet this season (I think?).
Three pucks found the back of the net but were waived off (1 for ANA, 2 for NSH).
Don't much care for the Ducks. Talented, big, ugly and somewhat dirty. Yep. Pretty sure I hate 'em.
I don't like the Ducks either, but Gibson is spending a lot of time sitting or laying on his back on the ice. That would look attractive to Pens shooters. And we've already beaten better versions of this in the Caps (and Jackets, to a degree).
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Humperdink »

BuckintheLou wrote:Another tight one in the WCF last night. Preds come out with another win after being down.
Hated the Ducks since the first game. Getslafffff and Kesler are both dirtballs. Gibson got flattened in one of the goals waived off. Should the Preds/Pens meet in the final, Fleury will need to sharpen his stick.
Great58
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Great58 »

Gibson did not return for period 2 of a scoreless game. I like the Pred's chances in the series, even without Johansen, if Bernier has to start in Game 6 in Nashville (assuming the Preds hang on to win game 5). Pens centers would be a strong advantage normally against the Preds, more so now.
Great58
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Great58 »

3-1 Preds. While I would enjoy nothing more than a game 7 loss by the Ducks, I am ok with Preds in 6 just to get Kessler out of the playoffs ASAP.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

Nashville deserves to be in the cup. They've been the best team in the West.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Anaheim is just a scum bag team. Tom Wilson would feel even more at home there.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

DelPen wrote:Anaheim is just a scum bag team. Tom Wilson would feel even more at home there.
Yes. Between Kesler, Getzlaf and Perry. Anaheim is easy to root against.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

Jones and Milbury saying how it would be impossible for Nashville to win with Johansen out leading up to game 5. Oops :D

Their track record for being right has to be comparable with Eklund.

Kelser hiding behind his teammates in that scrum with 10 seconds left was funny. 6 on 4 and he's standing back letting the other 5 fight his battles. I don't mind hard hockey, but I hate guys who play like cowards.
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Humperdink »

KG wrote:
DelPen wrote:Anaheim is just a scum bag team. Tom Wilson would feel even more at home there.
You have accurately identified the three dirtballs on the Ducks. AKA the top three stars for Dingleberry.
RentedMule66
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by RentedMule66 »

Boy are Nashville fans obnoxious with all of the "You Suck" chants after every goal the other team gives up.
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Humperdink »

Humperdink wrote:
KG wrote:
You have accurately identified the three dirtballs on the Ducks. AKA the top three stars for Dingleberry.
Let's add Nick Ritchie to this collection. Cheap shot, hit from behind, 5 minute major and a game. Intelligent move in an elimination game.
Great58
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Great58 »

Humperdink wrote:
Humperdink wrote:
KG wrote:
Let's add Nick Ritchie to this collection. Cheap shot, hit from behind, 5 minute major and a game. Intelligent move in an elimination game.
Nashville with the death powerplay, the major that creates few offensive opportunities, sucks the energy from the crowd, and energizes the opposition. I'll hope the short bench for the Ducks the rest of the night offsets the bad PP effort. Fortunate to be at intermission break.
Southern Fan
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Southern Fan »

Nashville 2 goals on first 3 shots and only 5 more shots through two periods. They are playing with fire.
Southern Fan
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Southern Fan »

Dave Manson son Josh is a bit rough too. Pens would get at least three more concussions in an Anaheim series
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Humperdink »

Now that sweet ..... 3-1 Nashville. This should be a great finish.
Southern Fan
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Southern Fan »

Nashville is Ottawa west. Would be an easy transition.
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Humperdink »

Boink! Off Rinne's noggin and in.