Other NHL Games

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
Inkio
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: Other NHL Games

Post by Inkio »

Caps fans raging conspiracy that the league wants Vegas to win even while their team leads and won the game. It's insane to me to.

They wait so long for their team to make it to the finals... they finally do and while in the lead in the game still raging about how the refs want Vegas to win.

After they win the game still saying things like "Caps win despite refs doing everything but score a goal for Vegas to stop them"

How can you even enjoy watching the game with an attitude like that?
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by penny lane »

Welcome to the club caps~ they've won a game in the finals. You need your goalie to be extraordinary~ Holtby was on that 3rd period shot.
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by brwi »

When Wilson takes a stupid penalty and then 30 secs later you get a 5-on-3 and don't score or even get a real good chance, not going well. When Orpik scores against you, not going well. When Orpik gets penalized for Neal punching himself in the face and you don't convert, not going well.
Southern Fan
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Southern Fan »

Kuznetsov will have to finish the series with one arm since Trotz feels that hit was worse than anything Scott Stevens ever did. What a tool.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by penny lane »

IN 09, 16, and 17, if i am remembering correctly Flower did better in DC v Ovechkin. Good luck!
Durbano
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Durbano »

MAF was 2-2 in DC during the 09 series and 3-1 last year. Murray played in 16.

Still think Washington wins in a short series but would love to be wrong.
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by brwi »

Trotz actually acknowledged the Caps deserving a penalty on the Smith-Pelley interference. Not usual at all for him since becoming a Caps' HC.

Vegas PP has got to capitalize on stupid penalties like Wilson's last game and Smith-Pelley's tonight. Glorious gifts they have squandered.
Malkintent
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
Location: Please help my dog https://www.gofundme.com/sumdm7d8

Post by Malkintent »

Neal wrecked Orpik. I approve.
Skatingpen
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Skatingpen »

I smell a shutout
Malkintent
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Malkintent »

To think we could've had Kuznetsov instead of Beau freaking Bennett.
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Post by Pitt87 »

Vegas now needs to steal one in WSH. Its possible they are a product of how soft the western conference has become.
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by brwi »

The Caps better skill is showing. Loose puck in front of the crease and Ovi gets to it and scores. 2-on-1 and Kuznetsov buries it. Contrast that with Vegas getting great chances in the 2nd when Orlov-who played awful that period-becomes a pylon for Marchessault (Holtby stop)and then Eakins(shoots wide) and then another wide shot after Orlov coughs it up 10 feet out. Orpik makes a blind backhand cross-ice pass 6 feet in front of Holtby and no goal. Reaves whiffs on a one-timer from a centering pass behind the net. Smith-Pelley takes 2 dumb penalties and the PP does nothing. Vegas only goal is from a huge Holtby blunder. Looks like the magic has finally worn off for Vegas.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by penny lane »

Fleury deserved better~ the score could easily have been double digits.
Now is not the time for Vegas to go into a shell. Stop skating- it is what happened to Tampa.
It is all about Holtby. They have to get him moving side to side more.

Give me the Vegas Knight over Pat Sajak all of the time. 8-)
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Jim »

Malkintent wrote:To think we could've had Kuznetsov instead of Beau freaking Bennett.
NHL Entry Draft.... a roll of the dice.
Malkintent
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Malkintent »

This is a nightmare. You couldn't have scripted a better feelgood story for the Craps.

1) Big comeback to beat BJ's/Cole
2) Finally beat the Penguins and stop the threepeat.
3) Revenge on the Bolts for 2011 sweep/beat Kunitz.
4) Win Cup/beat Fleury and a handful of former Penguins.

I hate sports. Kill me.
pronovost19
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by pronovost19 »

James Neal misses an empty net. That is the story of the playoffs for the Caps. Teams have not buried chances and it is not Holtby being great. So sick of hearing how great Holtby is playing. He has been so lucky. Mooseknuckle beat him cleanly and hits the post. The Caps have been just as lucky as good. But we ll know that it takes luck to win too.
pronovost19
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by pronovost19 »

Vegas has no answer for the Caps forecheck
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by brwi »

Vegas looks like a beaten team that knows it's over.
Malkintent
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Malkintent »

You have to be good to be lucky. Still I hate the Craps.
Malkintent
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Malkintent »

Oshie with an elbow to the face right before the goal.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by penny lane »

Can Vegas top their season to date by taking this thing to 7? Good luck!
ville5
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ville5 »

Paging MAF's sports psychologist..... goals to Wilson AND dsp??
Southern Fan
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Southern Fan »

Caps thoughts

Kudos to the Caps fans that have suffered through 42 seasons of failure enduring the Mike Gartner, Dino Ciccarelli, Peter Bondra, Dale Hunter, Rod Langway years driving out to Landover at the old Caps Center to see a cup in DC. They are a small, loyal group. The rest of you bandwagon fans can suck it.

You would think Caps fans will savor the win, but I would imagine the chip on their shoulder will remain and they will still have more interest in dissing the Pens.

Wonder what the TV ratings are? I haven't watched. Imagine DC/Baltimore are watching but once the Knights realized they were an expansion team, the rest of the country quit watching.

Am I a bad person if I want Tom Wilson to incur a neck injury that will put him in a wheel chair the rest of his life?
itissteeltime
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by itissteeltime »

Can anybody point me in the direction of stats by series? I'm curious what the total number of shots and high quality scoring chances are in the finals. I feel like Vegas will be leading in both.
pronovost19
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by pronovost19 »

Southern Fan wrote:Caps thoughts

Kudos to the Caps fans that have suffered through 42 seasons of failure enduring the Mike Gartner, Dino Ciccarelli, Peter Bondra, Dale Hunter, Rod Langway years driving out to Landover at the old Caps Center to see a cup in DC. They are a small, loyal group. The rest of you bandwagon fans can suck it.

You would think Caps fans will savor the win, but I would imagine the chip on their shoulder will remain and they will still have more interest in dissing the Pens.

Wonder what the TV ratings are? I haven't watched. Imagine DC/Baltimore are watching but once the Knights realized they were an expansion team, the rest of the country quit watching.

Am I a bad person if I want Tom Wilson to incur a neck injury that will put him in a wheel chair the rest of his life?

I know quite a few Caps fans and all of them are very much savoring and did not diss any extra on the Penguins. My Caps friends have no chip on their shoulder. I think the TV ratings will be best in DC and Vegas but no better elsewhere than in Pittsburgh. Seems like people wanted to see a train wreck and are getting the opposite. Yes. Disliking a player is normal - but wanting him to be paralyzed takes it to the unhealthy level. Of course, I know that you are just using hyperbole for rhetorical effect so you get the free pass from me.

As far as my personal hockey viewing persona - yes, I hate the Craps, but at the same time I have to credit the way that they got better by subtraction this year. It is all about the chemistry experiment and finding that right group of guys who push and try to out do each other on every shift. For those people that say Ovi does not make those around him better - you didn't watch the playoffs that I watched. That said, and with all of the past foul-ups, the Craps still need to win one more game. That last one is often the hardest and certainly was for the Penguins the last two years.