Other NHL Games

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
Skatingpen
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Re: Other NHL Games

Post by Skatingpen »

My fear....the Caps now have the Pens number for the next 20 years........might puke
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

Congrats Caps. You’re 1 and done. Same for Vegas...

Hopefully losing will reinvigorate the team and JR and Sully will be ready to roll day 1.
Stillerz Bar
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Stillerz Bar »

This feels to me like when the Ravens won the Super Bowl - I'm basically disgusted to know that the thugs won it all. It just makes me sick to know that Wilson's name will be etched on the cup. That said, I am hoping that similar to what Flacco did in holding for a huge contract and screwing their cap, someone or a group of players on the Caps have contracts that blow the Caps cap out of the water.

The irony to me is that this team is nowhere near as good as several of the recent teams. I did seem however that they played more as a team this year than a bunch of talented players. Add to that the fact that they had a lot of puck luck and they finally got their cup. Of course it didn't hurt that Wilson knocked someone out of at least one game in every series and no one really made them pay for always having someone jumping down the ice for a breakaway. Hoping teams see what they did and compensate to knock them out early next year but if the league allows Wilson to keep running people with impunity that part of their game will not change.
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Post by Pitt87 »

Holtby was their best player every time the won. I do think AO won the trophy as a function of legacy, not individual value. Optically their heart and soul though, so not undeserving of having his name on the trophy.

I believe that Vegas may have been a product of an inferior western conference. Its possible Fleury's success was, also.
pressure=9Pa
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by pressure=9Pa »

Southern Fan wrote:Questions and thoughts

I didn’t watch the last two series. Did Ovechkin deserve the conn Smythe or was it a lifetime achievement award?
Ovie wouldn't have been #1 on my ballot, but would have been in anyone's top 3-4. I think it was a legitimate pick. Much more so than Crosby in '16.
pressure=9Pa
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by pressure=9Pa »

Going into the conference finals, I would have thought the Caps were the weakest of the four teams still skating. Feel free to throw that in my face the next time I make a prediction.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

Just like sid didn’t deserve it 2016. When nobody lights it up, you give it to your captain and star. That’s fine OV got it.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

pressure=9Pa wrote:Going into the conference finals, I would have thought the Caps were the weakest of the four teams still skating. Feel free to throw that in my face the next time I make a prediction.
Same here! I thought a Tampa Winnipeg series would have been great!
Skatingpen
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Skatingpen »

KG wrote:Congrats Caps. You’re 1 and done. Same for Vegas...

Hopefully losing will reinvigorate the team and JR and Sully will be ready to roll day 1.

Why? When teams learn to win it can become a pattern
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Humperdink »

The one thing I noticed watching the Craps in the playoffs was they limited 2 on 1's and other assorted odd man breaks. They always seemed to have 2 men back at all times. And Kuznetsov rose to the top.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

I am most mad about the banner jokes being put to rest and the “How do you make an Ovechkin” drink joke.

Other than that, and Tom Wilson being on Cup which is a disgrace, I don’t really care too much.
Southern Fan
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Southern Fan »

So Smith-Pelly won’t go to the White House. Bold statement given his two way contract expires with the caps at the end of the month and his new AHL team will probably not give him permission to go.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by penny lane »

. Let’s empty the Stanley Cup notebook before we go around the league, starting with Niskanen on Trotz: “It was February or March, I can’t remember exactly when. But he told us the reason we always lose to Pittsburgh is because we let little guys like Conor Sheary and Bryan Rust win battles against us. I don’t know if that stayed with anyone else, but it sure stuck with me.”
Injuries to Evgeni, the weirdness with Phil, and Holtby making the saves were the difference.

Elliotte Friedman lastest hockey thoughts. A whole load of cap talk to get through before league thoughts.
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Max Domi- sometimes Mario can be too loyal. I would look elsewhere.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Carlson was injured last year in the playoffs, right?
Pruezy11881
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Pruezy11881 »

DelPen wrote:Carlson was injured last year in the playoffs, right?
That would be correct.