2021 NHL Playoffs

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: 2021 NHL Playoffs

Post by DelPen »

These knuckle dragging ******* are going to go home happy tonight, aren’t they?
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

KG wrote:Lamoriello winning GM of the year award (which is based on regular season) is a joke.

Isles finished in 4th place and all he did was trade a first round pick for Palmieri and Zajac. Both were duds in the regular season.

This team is all about Trotz and system.
And tossing out the rule book in the playoffs.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Kucherov has been out since the first, right? Lightning are a different team without him. Hamilton had a good point the Lightning benefited from the current cap system. But every single team would do the same thing if they had an all star injured and IR the full regular season who could then be available for the playoffs if it could be done legitimately.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

DelPen wrote:Kucherov has been out since the first, right? Lightning are a different team without him. Hamilton had a good point the Lightning benefited from the current cap system. But every single team would do the same thing if they had an all star injured and IR the full regular season who could then be available for the playoffs if it could be done legitimately.
I don’t blame them. It’s within the rules. I wouldn’t mind if the Pens did the same thing with Geno next season….

I would rather not see Tampa win back to back cups for obvious reasons. But we can’t have the Islanders going to or winning the cup either.

Tampa Vegas is better for the league and more toward how the game should be played. We shall see…
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by brwi »

DelPen wrote:Kucherov has been out since the first, right? Lightning are a different team without him. Hamilton had a good point the Lightning benefited from the current cap system. But every single team would do the same thing if they had an all star injured and IR the full regular season who could then be available for the playoffs if it could be done legitimately.
Yeah they would, especially if they knew they are making the playoffs without it coming down the wire. The problem is that not all players are going to come back like Kucherov did where he looked great immediately with no rust or conditioning issue whatsoever. His first game back was that wild end to end Game 1 of the Florida series with loads of physicality and he scores 2 including the GWG with 19mins+ TOI. You think a Malkin is out the whole regular season and comes back looking remotely good in his first game back?
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by brwi »

Unbelievable. Isles just do not quit.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

Some turnover by Coleman……I’d still gladly take him as a UFA.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

Hammered Isles fans throwing beer cans on the ice. Stay classy…
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by brwi »

Hey Long Island fans, your team just won Game 6 with an incredibly gutsy effort so you throw ****?
Sigwolf
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Sigwolf »

brwi wrote:Unbelievable. Isles just do not quit.
...and classless Islanders fans pelt their own team with garbage after an overtime win. Garbage team, garbage fans.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by penny lane »

What a steal of the puck and a shot- right with, 3 bolts around.
Game 7 !!

New York, nice place to visit, sometimes. Never - ever to live there.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

penny lane wrote:What a steal of the puck and a shot- right with, 3 bolts around.
Game 7 !!

New York, nice place to visit, sometimes. Never - ever to live there.
New York City is a cesspool. Long Island takes any charm Manhattan has out of the equation.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

Stamkos was 7th of the forwards for a the Lightning in ice time tonight.

Does Cooper not trust him defensively?
murphydump55
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by murphydump55 »

KG wrote:Stamkos was 7th of the forwards for a the Lightning in ice time tonight.

Does Cooper not trust him defensively?
He’s already benched him for a turnover resulting in a goal. Imagine stars being held accountable.
murphydump55
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by murphydump55 »

brwi wrote:
Yeah they would, especially if they knew they are making the playoffs without it coming down the wire. The problem is that not all players are going to come back like Kucherov did where he looked great immediately with no rust or conditioning issue whatsoever. His first game back was that wild end to end Game 1 of the Florida series with loads of physicality and he scores 2 including the GWG with 19mins+ TOI. You think a Malkin is out the whole regular season and comes back looking remotely good in his first game back?
Sometimes Malkin can’t look remotely good mid season.
Pruezy11881
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Pruezy11881 »

Helluva shot by Caufield there
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

Pruezy11881 wrote:Helluva shot by Caufield there
I remember him slipping in the 2019 draft and praying Pittsburgh would trade up from #21 to get him. Poulin could work out but the best pure scorer falling to #15 was nuts
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by brwi »

One of Habs Isles making the SC finals is fine, but both? NOOOOOO! As they say in boxing, styles make fights, and that's especially true in hockey also. Odds have to be on the Lightning winning tomorrow, but Vegas looks again like a disappointment.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by penny lane »

Wow, Montreal!
murphydump55
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by murphydump55 »

brwi wrote:One of Habs Isles making the SC finals is fine, but both? NOOOOOO! As they say in boxing, styles make fights, and that's especially true in hockey also. Odds have to be on the Lightning winning tomorrow, but Vegas looks again like a disappointment.
2nd most playoff wins over the last 4 years. Been to the final 4, 3 of the last 4 years. They lost a couple OT games that were a coin flip.

Stick with it. It’s not easy to win. Tampa didn’t change after being upset and came back the next year to win it all. Vegas should stay the course.
mnpensfan
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by mnpensfan »

I will not watch one second of the Cup finals if it is NYI vs Mon. No way....no how. Would be the first time since I less than 10 years old that I won't watch any game of the Stanley Cup finals. 2nd worst finals matchup I can imagine as far as team hatred goes. Only one that would be worse is if they found a way for Philly and Washington to be in the finals. :face:
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

mnpensfan wrote:I will not watch one second of the Cup finals if it is NYI vs Mon. No way....no how. Would be the first time since I less than 10 years old that I won't watch any game of the Stanley Cup finals. 2nd worst finals matchup I can imagine as far as team hatred goes. Only one that would be worse is if they found a way for Philly and Washington to be in the finals. :face:
This. I honestly don't know if I can watch TB either given how they circumvented the cap.
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by brwi »

murphydump55 wrote:
brwi wrote:One of Habs Isles making the SC finals is fine, but both? NOOOOOO! As they say in boxing, styles make fights, and that's especially true in hockey also. Odds have to be on the Lightning winning tomorrow, but Vegas looks again like a disappointment.
2nd most playoff wins over the last 4 years. Been to the final 4, 3 of the last 4 years. They lost a couple OT games that were a coin flip.

Stick with it. It’s not easy to win. Tampa didn’t change after being upset and came back the next year to win it all. Vegas should stay the course.
With TB, they had the best team in the NHL and got swept by Columbus and immediately the following season had a new, more aggressive mindset after being thoroughly humbled, and that started from Game of the season. Then they added a load of grit at the trade deadline and coasted to the Cup, just like any computer simulation would have predicted likely 99 times out of 100. Computer simulator would not have had the Stars in the finals, but......

I thought acquiring Pietrangelo would be the missing piece that put Vegas over the top because of how good he is an overall dman and his recent Cup experience. Then I realized that Vegas' #1 center is Chandler Stephenson and that's not a recipe for success. It's a huge ask and drain for Stone and Pacioretty to try and make him into something besides the 4C he was before and seemingly still is. The 12mil in goalie cost is slightly less than the team who just beat them carries, but the Habs have a collection of mostly decent contracts for lesser talent than the Vegas roster. If they can move out a goalie for any kind of decent center, that might be the solution to getting over the hump.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by penny lane »

Montreal v whoever- the east playing east... really.
The story would be NYI and Montreal. Where are the stars?
Low ratings could shake up the old boys referee club. No, maybe this sexual scandal buried from 2010 does it.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Anyone else getting a lot of static?