Ditching cable?

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
BurghThing
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Ditching cable?

Post by BurghThing »

So thinking about oicking uo one of those Amazon fire sticks while they are on sale and finally cutting the cable. Especially with the tv deal about to go away, who knows how we will get to watch the games after the first. Anyone have any experience doing this? Is there a viable way to watch all the Pens game that won't wind up cosring as much as I am already paying for cable? Thanks!
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Re: Ditching cable?

Post by Daniel »

BurghThing wrote:So thinking about oicking uo one of those Amazon fire sticks while they are on sale and finally cutting the cable. Especially with the tv deal about to go away, who knows how we will get to watch the games after the first. Anyone have any experience doing this? Is there a viable way to watch all the Pens game that won't wind up cosring as much as I am already paying for cable? Thanks!
Yes, check your PM.
BurghThing
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by BurghThing »

Thanks!
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

BurghThing wrote:Thanks!
You’re welcome
FLPensFan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by FLPensFan »

I'm interested in your PM, Daniel. I ditched DirecTV about 5 years ago due to cost. Using Firesticks, I had a 3rd party gray-area IPTV service I used for hockey, but it can no longer be renewed. I have Hulu with ESPN+ which has been good, but I did notice on the schedule like 5 of the last 7 Penguins games were listed as available.

Just curious what other options may be out there.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

FLPensFan wrote:I'm interested in your PM, Daniel. I ditched DirecTV about 5 years ago due to cost. Using Firesticks, I had a 3rd party gray-area IPTV service I used for hockey, but it can no longer be renewed. I have Hulu with ESPN+ which has been good, but I did notice on the schedule like 5 of the last 7 Penguins games were listed as available.

Just curious what other options may be out there.
Sent
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

What's weird is the first direct to subscriber RSN is now going bankrupt because they bought the rights from Disney after the FOX merger and can't get enough subscribers to at their price point to make it profitable