Official GDT: Pens vs Blues 12/30/23

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.
Antonio
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Blues 12/30/23

Post by Antonio »

Absolutely but it's not like Letang doesn't have those times where he is great and looks improved but then falls back again towards his normal level of stupidity. He has been very good this year though overall and he has always been a high risk high reward type with low brain power and the inability to hit water when falling out of a boat. He looks great for 6m this year. I dread what he'll look like for 6m when he's 40.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Blues 12/30/23

Post by Daniel »

Puck-Lurker wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:38 am
Daniel wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:14 am
KG wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:41 am Take the win, but I don't like how Karlsson has looked the last few weeks. Yes, the team is winning, but Sully has neutered him. He looks clueless out there. Forcing plays that aren't there etc.

There are times that I feel like Sullivan only wants Sid/Geno and Letang to be the stars of the team and be the only ones that are allowed to score and shine.

This team is going to need Karlsson to be Karlsson sooner than later. Sullivan clearly has no idea how to coach him.
He’s coaching him to be ZAR or Teddy Blueger. Kris Letang is the only defensemen who can play offense.
Can we just appreciate that Letang has been kind of quite good of late?
I've always liked Letang, warts and all. That wasn't a dig on Kris at all but it seems that Sullivan will only let him play offense as a defensemen. It's like he shoehorns guys into a role and doesn't deviate from that. For some reason he seems to want Karlsson to play like Pettersson or Dumoulin.