Official GDT: Pens @ Bruins 1/4/24

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Official GDT: Pens @ Bruins 1/4/24

Post by KG »

Flyers lost to CBJ in SO. We gained a point there at least. Slow climb.

Flyers are starting to come back own to earth. Have to expect them, Washington and Islanders to regress the 2nd half of the season.
Zalapski33
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Zalapski33 »

Crash66 wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:54 pm How does Puustinen go from PP1 to no PP time? What exactly did he do to warrant that? I just don't get Sully.
Just a terrible way of using him by Sully.I know Acciari got a lot of late ice time but Puustinen was a big reason they played well early in this game.
Coffey Break
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Coffey Break »

The mishandling of Puustinen is mind-numbing to me. The dude plays hard every shift, making plays, forechecking hard, adding depth scoring, and gets immediately stapled to the bench once Rust got back in the lineup.

Not to mention, the second line has looked its absolute best all season only in that very short time Puustinen was with 71 and 19.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

Coffey Break wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:04 pm The mishandling of Puustinen is mind-numbing to me. The dude plays hard every shift, making plays, forechecking hard, adding depth scoring, and gets immediately stapled to the bench once Rust got back in the lineup.

Not to mention, the second line has looked its absolute best all season only in that very short time Puustinen was with 71 and 19.
Would be nice if someone in the media would ask Sully why he's stapled to the bench in the 3rd period in close games...
Coffey Break
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Coffey Break »

KG wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:05 pm
Coffey Break wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:04 pm The mishandling of Puustinen is mind-numbing to me. The dude plays hard every shift, making plays, forechecking hard, adding depth scoring, and gets immediately stapled to the bench once Rust got back in the lineup.

Would be nice if someone in the media would ask Sully why he's stapled to the bench in the 3rd period in close games...
He's not 30+ years old with 10+ years of NHL experience, doesn't only think defense, scores too much, forechecks too hard.
BigMcK
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Drawing 1 line in the sand, followed by another, and another, and another. TIC TAC TOE

Post by BigMcK »

Coffey Break wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:09 pm
KG wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:05 pm

He's not 30+ years old with 10+ years of NHL experience, doesn't only think defense, scores too much, forechecks too hard.
Bought Sullivan the wrong flavored fruit cake and gift cards (Olive Garden instead of Outback) for the holidays?
BigMcK
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Drawing 1 line in the sand, followed by another, and another, and another. TIC TAC TOE

Post by BigMcK »

All joking aside, surprised Malkin did not record a point. 2/3 of the core did. Look for Beast Mode Saturday night. Sabres, you have been warned.
Pens4Life
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Pens4Life »

Antonio wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:58 pm
Crash66 wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:54 pm How does Puustinen go from PP1 to no PP time? What exactly did he do to warrant that? I just don't get Sully.
Typical Sullivan. He hates that he was basically forced to play him for a while with injuries and will now do what he does... reduce and diminish his time until he produces 0 and Sullivan can easily justify burying him again. I'm sure the 7 points in 10 games made it a little harder than Sullivan wanted but he'll figure it out in the end.
He actually was on point per game pace, but then Sully said f... it, this is too much, I will have to play him regulary which I dont want.. and he cut his playing time by 30-40% down in last 4 games to 7min and he can justify no contribution so he can send him down again - such a horrible player management, it makes me wanna throw up in his mouth! F.... Sully
stonewizard51
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by stonewizard51 »

Kinda reminds me of the way Cough Drop was handled.
Badger Bob
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Badger Bob »

The morning after thread should be subtitled: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly. Cause it was all three.
Puck-Lurker
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Puck-Lurker »

pronovost19 wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:21 pm Looking like an 8-7 game tonight
Close! 8-)