Official GDT: Pens vs Sabres 1/6/24

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.
Antonio
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Sabres 1/6/24

Post by Antonio »

There is a difference between watching and enjoying the team still and being happy with the direction and product it is putting out and then complaining about fans who think this team could and should be much better.
Guinness
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Guinness »

Dynasty1970 wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:37 pm
BlackNGold4Life wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:36 pm Players on my **** list big time.

EK
Rakell
Graves
Smith
Sell
Sell
Sell
Sell

And that is just a start.
I understand your frustration at this point, but I'm sure you know that this is just fundamentally unrealistic, right?

You don't make a trade for a Norris Trophy defenseman and trade him out 4 months later. That's just wildly irrational.

They JUST signed Rakell to a new contract... and yes, he hasn't lit the world on fire yet, but he was very good last year for us, and he's currently seeming to be turning it around. Here again, you don't just sign a guy and then turn around 4 months later and say "oops!"... unless an offer comes in from another team specifically targeting him with a deal that makes you better. Otherwise, you just don't manage a team that way. Same with Smith.

Graves is tough, but I think with him we have to give him time to settle into the team. We've seen it a lot here that defensemen take a little time to fit in. He's been fairly successful in DEN playing along side Makar, and he was pretty good in NJD. He's struggling and he has cost us points - no doubt. But I want to see the coaching staff shelter him and see if they can help him matriculate (and I know that's asking a lot of our clearly hard headed coaching staff lol).
Sams_Dog
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Sams_Dog »

Antonio wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:19 pm
penscup wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 2:29 pm
Antonio wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:36 pm I mean you have a goal stolen which changed the whole dynamic of the game but still a game you needed to win. Just pathetic. We all know it and most of us have been saying it all year... this team has clearly been a seller for a long while and random wins against Boston don't change a thing.

8-4 in their last 12 games with five of those wins coming against playoff teams.

So very pathetic.

Pens fans used to be so much better than this.
Goodness. If you are satisfied with the product and direction of this organization, the "better fans" like you are exactly the problem.
Antonio never has anything positive to say about anything. EVER.

NEVER.