Official GDT: Pens @ ASU 1/22/24

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Official GDT: Pens @ ASU 1/22/24

Post by KG »

Badger Bob wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:55 am
“I’m not discouraged. I believe in this group. I think we’ve got good players,” Sullivan said. “Obviously, we’re disappointed with the last four periods. We recognize that it’s not our best. But I don’t think discouraged is a word that should enter our dressing room. I just think we’ve got to get more determined.”
He's starting to sound like Tomlin, "Obviously". They just need to get more determined. :roll: What a joke. He just needs to inject some determination in them. That's all. :roll:
Another good quote when asked about the own-goal. "I think we just have to a heightened awareness that we don't have a goalie in the net in that scenario" lol this guy must have went to some silly sales/leadership training courses.
Wyopen
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Wyopen »

KG wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:16 am
Badger Bob wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:55 am
“I’m not discouraged. I believe in this group. I think we’ve got good players,” Sullivan said. “Obviously, we’re disappointed with the last four periods. We recognize that it’s not our best. But I don’t think discouraged is a word that should enter our dressing room. I just think we’ve got to get more determined.”
He's starting to sound like Tomlin, "Obviously". They just need to get more determined. :roll: What a joke. He just needs to inject some determination in them. That's all. :roll:
Another good quote when asked about the own-goal. "I think we just have to a heightened awareness that we don't have a goalie in the net in that scenario" lol this guy must have went to some silly sales/leadership training courses.
Or coaching a Peewee team.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pitts »

So, the thing about last night, that own goal... you could literally see the wind leave everyone after that. Letang and Malkin looked utterly dejected. At that point, I knew the game was over. They played a very disjointed game from that point on. Not to downplay to loss that much, but that was a complete freak thing that cost them the game. No, it should not have happened, Malkin's weak stick was comical, but it happened and it was freaky. This one is a "let's move on quick" loss.