2018 Hockey Canada sexual assault scandal update

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
FLPensFan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

2018 Hockey Canada sexual assault scandal update

Post by FLPensFan »

The 2018 Hockey Canada sexual assault scandal is finally coming to a meaningful point. Reports state 5 players from that 2018 Canadian Junior team have been told by London, Ontario authorities to surrender to police to face sexual assault charges.

While the article doesn't name the players, 4 NHL players have requested leave of absences from their teams (and all 4 of them were on that 2018 team):
--Carter Hart, PHI
--Dillon Dube, CGY
--Cal Foote and Michael McLeod, NJ

In addition, Alex Formenton has also left his Swiss team. Formenton was also a member of the 2018 Canada Juniors team.

There were a lot of rumors (myself fanning some of them) that Drake Batherson and Max Comtois were going to be implicated. That does not appear to be the case.
lemieuxReturns
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Re: 2018 Hockey Canada sexual assault scandal update

Post by lemieuxReturns »

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/393 ... lt-inquiry

ESPN does mention the players:
"Five players from Canada's 2018 world junior team have taken a leave of absence from their current clubs in recent days amid a report that five members of that team have been asked to surrender to police to face sexual assault charges.

Michael McLeod and Cal Foote of the New Jersey Devils, Carter Hart of the Philadelphia Flyers, Dillon Dube of the Calgary Flames and former NHL player Alex Formenton, who is now playing in Europe, all have been granted indefinite leave, with the absences announced in the past four days."
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

Coming out now that they are being charged with sexual assault.

Ugly. Ugly.
FLPensFan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by FLPensFan »

Heard yesterday that all of the teams involved are expected to get "some" cap relief from the affected players. No word on if some is actually ALL, which is what I would expect. I'd actually expect all of their contracts to be terminated in the coming months.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pitts »

From my fantasy league news:

Hart is expected to surrender to London, Ontario police to be charged with sexual assault in connection with an alleged incident that occurred during a 2018 Hockey Canada event. Hart, along with four other individuals including three NHL players, is accused of sexually assaulting a woman at a London hotel on June 19, 2018, following a Hockey Canada Foundation golf and gala event. Hart remains on an indefinite leave of absence from the Flyers.