Official GDT: Pens @ Jets 2/10/24

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Official GDT: Pens @ Jets 2/10/24

Post by KG »

FLPensFan wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:45 pm
They clearly need more time to get to their game. What a joke.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

https://www.dkpittsburghsports.com/2024 ... peg-nhl-dk

DK once again gives Sullivan no blame for the teams poor play. Saying it's the players fault etc. Well, of course it technically is the players play, coaches coach. However, don't you know the saying, you can't fire the team so you fire the coach.

One of the coaches main jobs is to motivate the group and have them ready to go and play a consistent, hard game on most nights. That is where the issue lies. The team needs to a new voice, fresh voice. I get Sullivan has the cups on his resume which buys him time, but playing devils advocate, Sullivan won those 2 cups his first year and a half on the job. Been mediocre since then with a horrible playoff record.

DK goes on to take subtle jabs at Dubas for not speaking to the Pens local media enough and blaming him for the roster construction. DK, don't be so naïve to think your boy Sully didn't have his hands all over this roster construction.

I don't get how the team could consider potentially trading Jake and other assets without first making a coaching change to try to jumpstart the team. A trade isn't going to do anything.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

I disagree that this is all on the players but even if that’s true, then they have tuned out Sullivan completely. So do you trade the entire team or fire the coach? Let’s hedge our bets that the coach is out of ideas and fire him to solve both scenarios.

And for the record, I think there have been just two coaches the Pens have “quit” on since 1997. One was Constantine and the other was Therrien. Everyone else they followed the coach to the mediocre end unless they left on their own terms like Brooks who was just temporary.
Dynasty1970
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Dynasty1970 »

FIRE SULLY!!!!!!!! :scared: :scared: :scared: :D
Last edited by Dynasty1970 on Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Badger Bob
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Badger Bob »

Dynasty1970 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:45 pm FIE SULLY!!!!!!!! :scared: :scared: :scared:
FEE FIE FOE FUM? :pop:

Gotta love how Sully is putting this on the players as is DK and probably some others.