Jarry, please keep your stick blade on the ice when you go down

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.
Weegie
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Jarry, please keep your stick blade on the ice when you go down

Post by Weegie »

About 100 years ago I played goalie, nowhere near the pro level, so I'm not saying I know it all because I surely don't. But I've noticed something very basic that is happening that could avoid some goals that Jarry is allowing, and last night it was crystal clear on the game winning goal for LA, and also the last game that he played. When he is going down into the butterfly position he raises his goalie stick up off the ice which allows the 5 hole to be exposed and that's where they scored to make it 2-1 last night. If he would just grip the stick about a half foot higher he could keep the blade of the stick on the ice when he drops into the butterfly, cover the 5 hole and make the save. I wish I could get this message to him but I know that's impossible, but it's a simple fix to something that is allowing some crushing goals lately.

It's tough because he is playing well, made some great saves last night or it would've been 11-1, but then a simple mistake late in the game creates a loss, I'm sure he is frustrated as most of the team is, this must be killing Sid to be losing like this...