Jake to Carolina

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.
Puck-Lurker
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: Jake to Carolina

Post by Puck-Lurker »

KG wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:40 am Good on Jake. Make it to the cup so we get the Canes first round pick.
Think it's enough if they make the final. Wouldn't mind seeing CAR-VAN..
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Puck-Lurker wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:01 am
KG wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:40 am Good on Jake. Make it to the cup so we get the Canes first round pick.
Wouldn't mind seeing CAR-VAN..
Neither would https://www.carvana.com/ :lol:
pronovost19
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by pronovost19 »

ABC

Anybody But Carolina!

Cannot stand them or their fan base.
Sigwolf
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Sigwolf »

pronovost19 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:05 pm ABC

Anybody But Carolina!

For the Cup... fine. But of the East teams that made the playoffs... you really want NYR, NYI, WAS, BOS, TOR to advance over CAR? These are good teams with likeable fanbases?

Carolina makes the final, the Pens get a first. That's good enough reason for me to cheer them on until then, because there is no one else compelling to me in the East.
lemieuxReturns
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by lemieuxReturns »

Sigwolf wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:57 pm

Anybody But Carolina!

For the Cup... fine. But of the East teams that made the playoffs... you really want NYR, NYI, WAS, BOS, TOR to advance over CAR? These are good teams with likeable fanbases?

Carolina makes the final, the Pens get a first. That's good enough reason for me to cheer them on until then, because there is no one else compelling to me in the East.
From what I have seen so far, the Canes have a good chance.
Puck-Lurker
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Puck-Lurker »

Sigwolf wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:57 pm

Anybody But Carolina!

I dislike pretty much all other eastern teams more than Carolina. Maybe Florida a distant second? Anyone else, please lose every game lol.

I'll take a western team to win the cup and prefer Vancouver. Wouldn't mind Winnipeg either. So either of those to beat Carolina in the final and we get an extra 31st overall pick.
IntangibleBeer
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by IntangibleBeer »

Rags beat the Canes in OT tonight to go up 3-0.

Canes aren’t going anywhere.
Puck-Lurker
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Puck-Lurker »

Carolina won't be making a reverse sweep against this Rangers team. Just not happening.

Say goodbye to 31st overall as well.
Badger Bob
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Badger Bob »

Puck-Lurker wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 7:00 am Carolina won't be making a reverse sweep against this Rangers team. Just not happening.

Say goodbye to 31st overall as well.
Pens are eff'd. Good thing they almost made the playoffs, amirite?
stonewizard51
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by stonewizard51 »

Without a doubt. :roll:
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

Carolina could use Bunting actually. They don't have any players that score dirty goals. It's the same thing every year with them. They are a great regular season team, but come playoff team they aren't nearly gritty enough.
Puck-Lurker
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Puck-Lurker »

KG wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 10:04 am Carolina could use Bunting actually. They don't have any players that score dirty goals. It's the same thing every year with them. They are a great regular season team, but come playoff team they aren't nearly gritty enough.
I like Bunting. As much as losing Jake was painful, he gives something we really missed. The team's identity needs to change or we'll never get anywhere, even with an influx of younger guys down the line. Bunting and the prospects will help towards that
ahawk9
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by ahawk9 »

I miss Jake as well, but I still feel that trade was the right thing, and it's been good for both squads (the 3-0 deficit notwithstanding...Jake hasn't been the problem). Bunting was really something the Pens lacked. Throw in the 3 prospects (fingers crossed that at the very least one of them makes the club at some point), and it's a good a deal as I think they were going to get under the circumstances.
Antonio
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Antonio »

I'm not sure I get any heartburn over the trade. He absolutely was not staying or resigning here, so what is there to be upset about? Unhappiness over the return I guess is the only thing I could theoretically understand but I'm not sure we were going to be able to get much more than what we got. Being unhappy that he was traded at all though, that I just don't get. I loved Jake but if people are mad that he was moved at all, it kind of highlights one of what this organization's major issues are... a refusal to move on from anything and anyone, or make any substantive changes. Keep the core together for 30 years at all costs, keep the same failure behind the bench for a decade, etc etc. The entire rest of the league is moving people, firing coaches, making changes and adjusting ... this team still acts like and thinks if they close their eyes and imagine it's still 2016, it will be.
ahawk9
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by ahawk9 »

Same (senti)mentality submarined the Steelers in the early '80s and set them up for quite a few seasons of mediocrity.
Crash66
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Crash66 »

Last night between periods, the boys in the studio lamented the fact that the Canes have nobody screening the goalie on the PP. Actually said Jake needs to get in front instead of off to the side for a deflection. Gee, sounds familiar.
IntangibleBeer
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by IntangibleBeer »

Puck-Lurker wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 12:39 pm
KG wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 10:04 am Carolina could use Bunting actually. They don't have any players that score dirty goals. It's the same thing every year with them. They are a great regular season team, but come playoff team they aren't nearly gritty enough.
I like Bunting. As much as losing Jake was painful, he gives something we really missed. The team's identity needs to change or we'll never get anywhere, even with an influx of younger guys down the line. Bunting and the prospects will help towards that
Exactly!

Bunting and more players who play his type of game are what we need.