Official GDT: Pens vs Oilers 3/10/24

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Oilers 3/10/24

Post by DelPen »

This might be the easiest 40+ save shutout I have ever seen a goalie get.
Crash66
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Crash66 »

Damn. Wanted to see a Nurse Hatty.
Zalapski33
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Zalapski33 »

Giving Letang PP minutes after the way he played in this game shows where Sully's mindset is.
Badger Bob
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Badger Bob »

penny lane wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:32 pm The emperor has no clothes. Sullivan, lame duck.
He'll be naked at the post game press conference.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

E-Ramone wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:34 pm This team isn’t this bad.
Yes, they are. :P
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

E-Ramone wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:34 pm This team isn’t this bad. It’s clear that the big guys don’t care right now. Dubas needs to get his arms around this.
Exactly. They've given up and pouted. Time to get over it and look in the mirror. If they played better than they wouldn't of had to make these hard decisions.

And great job by Jack Adams Mike Sullivan rallying the troops. He's been moping worse than the players acting like his childhood puppy died.
maopens
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by maopens »

We're all beating up on Sullivan these days and I would argue he deserves it all.

But seriously, what exactly is he providing to this team, to this organization?

These players cannot execute whatever he is asking them to do out there.
His systems are either wrong for these players or these players aren't doing what he wants.
His player utilization does not develop any younger talent even though his boss says the plan is to get younger.
He clearly cannot motivate this team to "find their game" or show any interest in playing hard to win.

So, as the head coach, can anyone defend his job and state what exactly he is providing to this organization?
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

lol yikes.
Fast B
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Fast B »

That one goal in three games somehow is more irritating than if they'd just been shut out, like a big middle finger to all of us. (As opposed to all the other middle fingers they've been waving at us in lieu of actual on-ice performance.)
Zalapski33
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Zalapski33 »

Another embarrassing non competitive loss.Gets worse every game.
Smith and Rakell were of no use again.Zero offensive chances from these 2 "top 6" Wingers.
Rust played his heart out.Bemstrom looked useful in his few opportunities.
Letang and Malkin-the "core guys".One played his worst game and has been a disaster of late,the other just floating around with little effort.Unconcerned.
Crosby with a lot of frustration.Where are his Teammates to stand up for him while he was getting roughed up late?

The performance on the ice is a reflection of how much trouble this Organization currently is in and doesn't begin to explain the struggle going forward.
Unable to bring up a player like Poulin due to the Salary Cap mismanagement,watching players get scratched or barely used from this Coach,allowing other supposed veteran "leaders" to not be held accountable for their play.6 losses in the last 7 games,5 in the most shameful manner.

Dark days for this proud franchise.
Zalapski33
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Zalapski33 »

KG wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:38 pm
E-Ramone wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:34 pm This team isn’t this bad. It’s clear that the big guys don’t care right now. Dubas needs to get his arms around this.
Exactly. They've given up and pouted. Time to get over it and look in the mirror. If they played better than they wouldn't of had to make these hard decisions.

And great job by Jack Adams Mike Sullivan rallying the troops. He's been moping worse than the players acting like his childhood puppy died.
Spot on.Using the Guentzel trade as an excuse to quit is cowardly,unprofessional and inexcusable.
At some point there has to be some responsibility to be a grown man and show some pride.
Weegie
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Weegie »

Been a Pens fan since 1975 and a Denver Broncos fan since 1973, so I am getting a double dose of this mess!

I remember my boss at the time years ago when Denver beat Carolina to win the Super Bowl and a few months later the Pens won the Stanley Cup said to me "you should just kill yourself, it'll never get any better than this for you!"

I think NOW is a more appropriate time lol, what a mess....
Pruezy11881
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Pruezy11881 »

Haven't watched any of this... First coaching change, by Todd.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pitts »

maopens wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:39 pm We're all beating up on Sullivan these days and I would argue he deserves it all.

But seriously, what exactly is he providing to this team, to this organization?

These players cannot execute whatever he is asking them to do out there.
His systems are either wrong for these players or these players aren't doing what he wants.
His player utilization does not develop any younger talent even though his boss says the plan is to get younger.
He clearly cannot motivate this team to "find their game" or show any interest in playing hard to win.

So, as the head coach, can anyone defend his job and state what exactly he is providing to this organization?
This is not true. So tired of the constant Sullivan hate going on here. Yes, he's part of the problem. There are 3-4 rookies on the roster currently. They are adults and professionals - how much motivation do they need?? What happened to Crosby that he has 100% shut down the past 2 weeks? Is the that butthurt about Jake being traded? Well, it's his own fault - along with the rest of the team. The team, as constructed cannot be this bad. They have too much skill. The players, to a man REFUSE to go to the net and shoot the puck when the opportunity arises. That is not on the coach! You really think he tells them - stay away from that blue paint and by God, do not shoot that puck!

I have no more expectations for the remainder of this season. I still believe we can try a re-tool over the summer and give it another run. Dubas seems intent on keeping and acquiring prospects and picks, so that is good. I do believe Sullivan will be relieved of his duties after the season. There is ZERO reason to can him at this point.