Official GDT: Pens vs Sharks 3/14/24

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.
Zalapski33
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Sharks 3/14/24

Post by Zalapski33 »

DelPen wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:40 pm
Zalapski33 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:39 pm
DelPen wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:38 pm And Rust doesn’t find Sid for a point. 6 goals and nothing. This game sucks.
Sid got an assist.
Did he though?
No,that likely gets taken away after they file the Official Score Sheet.It should be Rust unassisted.
Zalapski33
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Zalapski33 »

Glad to see guys like Acciari and Ludvig get Goals tonight,not a common occurrence.4th Line with a 2 Goal game.
Jarry looked uncomfortable but found a way to play a decent 3rd Period.
DOC was the best player on the team,Bemstrom and Puustinen were good as well.
Sid is in a funk now,must be worn down mentally and physically.Want him to get points every night but its been a struggle for him as of late.
Thought Malkin had a good game,he looked like a guy who wanted to compete.

No Cartwheels over a Win over the worst team in the league,the only 3 games this group has gotten any points are against CBJ,Ottawa and SJ.Sully had the usual dead start and failed PP on display as usual.They won't get away with it this weekend playing his "system".
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by penny lane »

Five points from playoffs; so I can hope?
KBone
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by KBone »

penny lane wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:01 pm Five points from playoffs; so I can hope?
You can hope all you want, but you're only going to get 8-10 more wins this year.

They are a .500 team through and through
FLPensFan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by FLPensFan »

KBone wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:29 pm
penny lane wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:01 pm Five points from playoffs; so I can hope?
You can hope all you want, but you're only going to get 8-10 more wins this year.

They are a .500 team through and through
Even if they were a LITTLE better, they still have 7 teams above them (3rd in Metro and 2 WC spots, plus 4 teams above them chasing a spot). The Penguins could go 10-7 in their last 17, a .588 points percentage (best all season)...and that would still put them with only 87 points.

You're asking for 5 teams above them to collapse so that they can get it. So even if Philly and one of the 2 WC teams went on a huge losing streak...you've still got 4 other teams between the Penguins and a WC spot, and 2 of them are Metro teams.

The odds are extremely stacked against them.
KBone
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by KBone »

Even if by some miracle they got in, they'd get ran out of the barn in the 1st round.

They would be utterly embarrassed in a playoff series. I have no interest in watching that, especially at the expense of a higher draft pick.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

Man, every media person is on the “only 5 points out!” Bandwagon.

None of them mention there are 7 teams in front of them who have played better than them consistently all season lol.

Give it up media. Sid has checked out, he’s not putting the cape one this season and going to lead the team on a magical run. Not this team. Not this coach.

Get the better draft pick!
mariojr
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by mariojr »

Well, OK, that's fine, I guess you can't lose'm all, especially when playing the team with the worst record in the league. But if the goal is to draft in the top 5, as it should be, they can't afford to win too many more.
ahawk9
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by ahawk9 »

My main interest is seeing Sid keep that point per game streak going. I was happy he got an assist on the empty netter. I didn't see how that play developed, so I assumed it was either unassisted or maybe one assist. Again, if this power play was even mediocre, he would have 80 points already.
Puck-Lurker
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Puck-Lurker »

My interest at this point is seeing what we have in our cupboard. Bring up Poulin already. He's not going to cost us the playoffs - that ship already sailed and sank.