Official GDT: Pens @ Avs 3/24/24

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.
Zalapski33
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: Official GDT: Pens @ Avs 3/24/24

Post by Zalapski33 »

6 Losses after blown 3rd Period Leads.12 Points in the standings.But its not Sully.
Letang has played like a dog since the loss against Seattle.Free from concern of accountability from this staff.
Sid was brilliant.What a game from him.Just can't do any more than he did.
The PP once again had their late 3rd Period shot in a close game and failed as usual.
When they stopped pkaying at 4-0 says everything about the mindset of this group.No clue,no structure,no composure.

Props to Antonio-you called this.
Letang with the gutless,lackadaisical effort is no surprise.The comfort of knowing he is not going to be questioned allows it.As does the comfort of the Coaching Staff knowing they aren't going to held responsible for 6 blown 3rd Period Losses,the 30th Ranked PP and a system that folds when adversity is thrust on the players.A shameful result which shows how much of a mess this Pens Team is.
Badger Bob
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Badger Bob »

BLOW IT UP!!!
Dynasty1970
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Dynasty1970 »

I missed this game! But I am happy with the results. Well only partially. I would have much rather we lost in regulation. I am glad Crosby recorded a goal and two assists…..that gives him some breathing room on his quest for a point per game. Clearly this team needs some major changes!
Crash66
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Crash66 »

There is NO WAY Kyle the Whiz Kid can not come away from this game thinking no drastic changes need to be made. So, it begs the question, who would you guys like to keep and who should be sent packing? We'll assume everyone was coach ******* gone.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

Dynasty1970 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:49 pm I missed this game! But I am happy with the results. Well only partially. I would have much rather we lost in regulation. I am glad Crosby recorded a goal and two assists…..that gives him some breathing room on his quest for a point per game. Clearly this team needs some major changes!
Exactly we need to lose every game in regulation
Sams_Dog
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Sams_Dog »

I would also have liked a regulation loss. But 1g, 3a for Sid is great. Can't wait to hear Sully after this one. No, wait...I don't listen anymore.
Sydney Sweeney Crosby

Post by Sydney Sweeney Crosby »

Ouch tough loss today. Let's hope for better luck against The Candy Canes?
Badger Bob
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Badger Bob »

I want to hear what excuses Sully has, just for the entertainment aspect of it all. I want a few good laughs after this stinker.
Sams_Dog
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Sams_Dog »

Seriously, when are the "Fire Sully" chants going to start? It's way overdue. I'm surprised we haven't heard it already. Maybe Tuesday against Jake and the Canes.
FLPensFan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by FLPensFan »

Crash66 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:02 pm There is NO WAY Kyle the Whiz Kid can not come away from this game thinking no drastic changes need to be made. So, it begs the question, who would you guys like to keep and who should be sent packing? We'll assume everyone was coach ******* gone.
At this point, fire Sullivan AND blow up the team. I'm convinced BOTH are the problem.

We are right where we should be in the standings. Since the All-Star Break, we are 8-13-3, 8th worst points total in the league since that time. We currently sit 9th worst overall, so, we've overachieved.

Give Sid the option, but EVERYONE ELSE should be on the table. Pettersson becomes the new Jake next year...too old to keep around for a rebuild, but still on the right side of 30. No sense in keeping him and paying him the 6-7M AAV he deserves. Ship him off this summer, too.

Ship em all out at this point.
Badger Bob
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Badger Bob »

Badger Bob wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:13 pm I want to hear what excuses Sully has, just for the entertainment aspect of it all. I want a few good laughs after this stinker.
Reporter:
Mike how do you balance the very good start for the first 35, 40 minutes against say last 35?

Sullivan:
I thought we competed hard. That's one of the most explosive offenses in the league that we played against. We knew they were going to push back. We competed hard all night.

LOLOL! That's all he's got? Really?

Another reporter:
Is there anything about the game coming up in two days? Quick thought? Quick memory to just forget about this one and flush it or how do bounce back from a game like this?

Sullivan:
We've got to take the same approach we've taken here all along. We're trying to win the game right in front of us.

Oh boy Mike, that same approach has been so successful.
Last edited by Badger Bob on Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Skatingpen
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Skatingpen »

He’s just messing with everyone now, had to be
Badger Bob
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Badger Bob »

Laser focus!
Fast B
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Fast B »

Badger Bob wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:39 pm Another reporter:
Is there anything about the game coming up in two days? Quick thought? Quick memory to just forget about this one and flush it or how do bounce back from a game like this?

Sullivan:
We've got to take the same approach we've taken here all along. We're trying to win the game right in front of us.
Is Mike Sullivan actually Mike Tomlin, or just doing a bang-on impression at this point?
FLPensFan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by FLPensFan »

It's sad when I think Gene Ubriaco or Pierre Creamer might be a better coach at this point.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

I’m not mad. I’m not even disappointed. But I am really close to not caring at all about this team anymore if they screw up obvious decisions this summer.
Crash66
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Crash66 »

I'm actually ready for some X Gen type hockey. At least it was affordable to go to a game. Lemieux family section. Tickets were $25 for adults and $10 for kids. You could take up to 10 kids and seats were either C or D level and between the bluelines. Anything to get this franchise turned around. Getting old and would like to see another cup raised by someone in a Pens jersey. Prefrebly on home ice.
Zalapski33
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Zalapski33 »

FLPensFan wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:12 pm It's sad when I think Gene Ubriaco or Pierre Creamer might be a better coach at this point.
Bob Berry or Ivan Hlinka as well.

Simply zero objectivite Defense of this Coach,Staff and their performance.
Guinness
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Guinness »

Crash66 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:23 pmwould like to see another cup raised by someone in a Pens jersey. Prefrebly on home ice.
Dude, we don't do that. We win our Cups on the road! :lol:
Zalapski33
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Zalapski33 »

Crash66 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:02 pm There is NO WAY Kyle the Whiz Kid can not come away from this game thinking no drastic changes need to be made. So, it begs the question, who would you guys like to keep and who should be sent packing? We'll assume everyone was coach ******* gone.
Dubas decided that going with veterans for the bottom 6 was the way to go-Eller,Acciari,Nieto.He figured getting Smith as a top 2 Line Wing and Graves as a top 4 Defensemen was going to have an impact.He went with Ned as Goalie Depth and made the huge move obtaining Karlsson.

Eller and Ned worked out.Karlsson has been affected by this Coaching System.But the rest of these transactions just didn't succeed.Dubas inherited the decisions from Rutherford and Hextall regarding the "Core",roster construction,depth in the organization and Coaching Staff.He made a big decision to deal Guentzel.He cannot have a bad Off Season.
IntangibleBeer
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by IntangibleBeer »

FLPensFan wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:12 pm It's sad when I think Gene Ubriaco or Pierre Creamer might be a better coach at this point.
At least Pierre was smart enough to say “When a guy score 4 goal, you gotta take a look at him.”

I don’t think HCMS wants to do that.
stonewizard51
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by stonewizard51 »

Fast B wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:58 pm
Badger Bob wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:39 pm Another reporter:

Sullivan:
Is Mike Sullivan actually Mike Tomlin, or just doing a bang-on impression at this point?
The one I didn't hear was "We weren't hard to play against".
Pens4Life
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Pens4Life »

I was 1000% we will lose in OT, we dont have the stamina, legs or speed to compete with best teams.. Letang and Geno should be shipped in offseason with Sullivan LOL --- we need to get younger on all F lines and D pairs! We cant have two onedimensional D-mans like Karlsson and Letang, only one and I would go with Karlsson at this stage under new coach..