Official GDT: Pens @ Jackets 3/30/24

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.
Badger Bob
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: Official GDT: Pens @ Jackets 3/30/24

Post by Badger Bob »

Stupid team can't even lose right.
Pruezy11881
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Pruezy11881 »

Poulin played 5 minutes and Poole party with 6.5. Even down a forward, they couldn't get ice. I don't blame young players for leaving for greener pastures.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

Pruezy11881 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:08 pm Poulin played 5 minutes and Poole party with 6.5. Even down a forward, they couldn't get ice. I don't blame young players for leaving for greener pastures.
And Carter plays over 14 minutes. :face:
Ericf
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Ericf »

Pruezy11881 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:08 pm Poulin played 5 minutes and Poole party with 6.5. Even down a forward, they couldn't get ice. I don't blame young players for leaving for greener pastures.
And Carter got 14.5 minutes. I guess our young players really are infectious/contagious or whatever — he treats them like a measles outbreak

Zalapski33
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Zalapski33 »

Pens had zero idea how to protect a 2 Goal 3rd Period Lead.Against CBJ..
Letang was the difference again with his poor play.2 Goals where he was the culprit.
Puljujarvi looked fine with his 3rd Period Ice time,Puustinen was strong and Poulin had a couple of decent shifts.DOC stood out.
The PP once again fails in the 3rd Period of a close game.Shameful and not addressed for 73 Games.
At no point in that OT did they pressure CBJ to defend.Never got anything at all.

7 Losses giving up 3rd Period Leads.PP gave up another SHG,was incompetent on the 3rd Period Difference making opportunity.Clueless panicky play attempting to defend the lead.Useless effort 3 on 3 again in OT.Minimum of 10 Points lost in the Standings due to the failure of this Coaching Staff's System with zero answer to address,adjust,correct or acknowledge how to figure it out.
BurghThing
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by BurghThing »

Zalapski33 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:19 pm Pens had zero idea how to protect a 2 Goal 3rd Period Lead.Against CBJ..
Letang was the difference again with his poor play.2 Goals where he was the culprit.
Puljujarvi looked fine with his 3rd Period Ice time,Puustinen was strong and Poulin had a couple of decent shifts.DOC stood out.
The PP once again fails in the 3rd Period of a close game.Shameful and not addressed for 73 Games.
At no point in that OT did they pressure CBJ to defend.Never got anything at all.

7 Losses giving up 3rd Period Leads.PP gave up another SHG,was incompetent on the 3rd Period Difference making opportunity.Clueless panicky play attempting to defend the lead.Useless effort 3 on 3 again in OT.Minimum of 10 Points lost in the Standings due to the failure of this Coaching Staff's System with zero answer to address,adjust,correct or acknowledge how to figure it out.
But if you don't have Sullivan, you are looking for Sullivan
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

BurghThing wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:25 pm
Zalapski33 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:19 pm Pens had zero idea how to protect a 2 Goal 3rd Period Lead.Against CBJ..

Zalapski33
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Zalapski33 »

KG wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:31 pm
BurghThing wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:25 pm

Inexcusable.A nightmare stat than there is no defending and needs to make those who are responsible for it accountable.
Dynasty1970
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Dynasty1970 »

Can someone post Sully’s post game excuses?
Antonio
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Antonio »

Go read any of the post game from the last 8 years.
Ericf
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Ericf »

Dynasty1970 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:51 pm Can someone post Sully’s post game excuses?

From DK site- Postgame
Mike Sullivan: “If anyone can figure out goalie interference, we’re all ears.” Asked Sullivan if he can identity trends that have led to the Penguins’ inability to close out games in three-on-three overtime. He said “Yeah, there are.” I said, “Do you want to share them?” and he said, “Nope.”
Dynasty1970
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Dynasty1970 »

Thanks Ericf….
BigMcK
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Drawing 1 line in the sand, followed by another, and another, and another. TIC TAC TOE

Post by BigMcK »

So sad that NHL channel (#215 DirecTV) highlights are nothing more than, "oooh, somebody on one team scored a goal, followed by Pens player (not named Crosby) scored a goal. Oooh, another player scored a goal, then a shoot out happened and some player hit the post, and finally a player beat the goalie for the win. All within 15 seconds.

How quickly media moves to the new hot face of the league. Sorry, core, you are irrelevant to our future. You may clock out on your exit from the arena. We offer a lifetime membership to a salad bar buffet near you.
Puck-Lurker
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Puck-Lurker »

I'm not even upset we lost anymore at this point.

I am however upset by this.. least ice-time among forwards:

Carter: 14:27
Puustinen: 12:55
Puljujärvi: 6:34
Poulin: 5:10

(excluded Bunting)

All three of the Pu-Pou's should get more ice time than Carter. Playing Carter more than 8 minutes a night is a waste of everyone's time.
Southern Fan
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Southern Fan »

Puck-Lurker wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:10 am I'm not even upset we lost anymore at this point.

I am however upset by this.. least ice-time among forwards:

Carter: 14:27
Puustinen: 12:55
Puljujärvi: 6:34
Poulin: 5:10

(excluded Bunting)

All three of the Pu-Pou's should get more ice time than Carter. Playing Carter more than 8 minutes a night is a waste of everyone's time.
Wait until Wednesday when Carter plays 15 minutes and the Pens give up another 2 goal lead in the third to the Devils.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

To answer what is goalie interference, what he challenged for 100% was not interference. Hope that helps Sully!
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Also, until last night the Penguins were 22-0 when leading after 2 against the Jackets. That alone is reason to fire Sullivan. And this is like the 10th thing alone that should get him fired.
Southern Fan
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Southern Fan »

So many things in this game that should make Dubas and FSG think about eating the $15 million on Sullivan’s contract.

1) the guy Dubas acquired in the off season from San Jose is sitting on the bench while Letang feeds the Jackets for the shorty.
2) then he wastes the remaining minute of the power play for a poor challenge
3) the guy that thinks shoot first (Pustinen) doesn’t get power play minutes, overtime minutes or shootout attempts
4) Reilly Smith in overtime. Seriously.
5) Columbus defense terrible and begging to turn the puck over in their zone, but that would require a forecheck from Carter, Smith or Rakell.
6) Ridiculous under usage of fourth line guys trying to prove they should be on the team next year,
7) blow a 2 goal lead again when they actually are in striking distance of Detroit and the Flyers.
8) watching the guy you gave up on and traded to the jackets play double digit minutes, while the guy you got in the trade is watching upstairs as a healthy scratch

Dubas has to say he has in confidence in the coach, but I would be talking to Sid after the season to find out if he wants to spend the rest of his career dealing with this.
Pruezy11881
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Pruezy11881 »

They wouldn't have to eat his contact. Fire him, let someone else snag him up. Honestly, it needs to happen plus the other assistants as well. I'm actually not against bringing in Joel Quenneville and let him hire his own assistants. New veteran voice who knows how to win.
Dynasty1970
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Dynasty1970 »

Pruezy11881 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:03 am They wouldn't have to eat his contact. Fire him, let someone else snag him up. Honestly, it needs to happen plus the other assistants as well. I'm actually not against bringing in Joel Quenneville and let him hire his own assistants. New veteran voice who knows how to win.
I would be happy with the Mohave Desert Youth Hockey Coach at this point. :scared:
Puck-Lurker
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Puck-Lurker »

Dynasty1970 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:40 am
Pruezy11881 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:03 am They wouldn't have to eat his contact. Fire him, let someone else snag him up. Honestly, it needs to happen plus the other assistants as well. I'm actually not against bringing in Joel Quenneville and let him hire his own assistants. New veteran voice who knows how to win.
I would be happy with the Mojave Desert Youth Hockey Coach at this point. :scared:
I want to know if FLPF has experience coaching the Mojave Desert Youth... :lol:
FLPensFan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by FLPensFan »

Puck-Lurker wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:57 pm
Dynasty1970 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:40 am
I would be happy with the Mojave Desert Youth Hockey Coach at this point. :scared:
I want to know if FLPF has experience coaching the Mojave Desert Youth... :lol:
Coaching, no. GM duties....no comment. 8-)