Official GDT: Pens @ Caps 4/4/24

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.
Zalapski33
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: Official GDT: Pens @ Caps 4/4/24

Post by Zalapski33 »

DelPen wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:38 pm Did Bemstrom get hurt or just reduced minutes?

Nevermind, there he is.
Sully actually flipped Puustinen and him and got that 3rd Line right in the 3rd Period.
Antonio
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Antonio »

Now with this insane late season run, every one of the countless times they pissed away 1 point really sting. If they had just not blown say, 2 leads, they'd be basically in or 1 point out.
Crash66
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Crash66 »

Hey. The kid got Rusty's stick. Outstanding.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Crash66 wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:40 pm Hey. The kid got Rusty's stick. Outstanding.
:fist:
mariojr
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by mariojr »

Looks like they're not quite dead yet as far as the playoffs are concerned.

It's the young guys who have been sparking this surge. St. Ivany. Puljujarvi. Puustinen. Joseph. Now Shea. O'Connor is still a young guy who plays with speed and has been playing well. I think they've lit a fire under some of the veterans, especially Malkin, who has played his best hockey of the year the last couple weeks. Those young guys play with fire and speed. They've finally flipped the switch and aren't sulking anymore over the Guentzel trade, if they ever were.

Just hoping Sid doesn't have lingering effects from that crosscheck.

Oh also, Ned's been playing great.
Last edited by mariojr on Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

Ned is earning some extra $ on his next contract
Zalapski33
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Zalapski33 »

An impressive effort from the Pens.The only Goal the Caps got was at the end of the 5 on 3 which came from 2 lousy calls.
Ned once again steady and composed in net.The guy is giving his team confidence.
Letang,Eller,DOC,Bunting all were terrific.They stood out the entire night.Puustinen had a solid 3rd Period as well.
St.Ivany and Shea with a near flawless performance.The entire Pens Defense had one of their better games.
Pens did a great job of keeping the Caps bottled up for the most part.Looked like a Team that was dialed in after the 1st 10 minutes.

Was good to see this kind of game from the Pens.The intensity and compete level was evident.3 straight Road Wins is no easy feat in this League.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

mariojr wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:48 pm Looks like they're not quite dead yet as far as the playoffs are concerned.
“Bring out your dead!”
“I’m not dead yet!”
mariojr
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by mariojr »

Admin wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:58 pm
mariojr wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:48 pm Looks like they're not quite dead yet as far as the playoffs are concerned.
“Bring out your dead!”
“I’m not dead yet!”
"I think she's dead."
"No, I'm not!"
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by penny lane »

That is as close as the pens have been to a playoff game since 2022.
Me too. 8-)
Only took till now. Coach allowing young guys to play.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Up to a 20% chance of making the playoffs and holding at a 0.1% chance of Stanley Cup Champs! Not dead yet! 😆

https://moneypuck.com/predictions.htm
BlackNGold4Life
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by BlackNGold4Life »

Great game for the Pens. One of their best overall games of the season. Been awhile since they won a game that meant so much.

St Ivany: Reminds me of when John Marino hit our club. Jusr instantly knew he was a player. He actually has been our best defender since he’s been in the line up. Every game. Looks like a top 4 Dumo type role. That’s how good he’s been.
Badger Bob
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Badger Bob »

Admin wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:31 pm Up to a 20% chance of making the playoffs and holding at a 0.1% chance of Stanley Cup Champs! Not dead yet! 😆

https://moneypuck.com/predictions.htm
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

I don't think there is any rush to get Graves and Jarry back into the lineup. Being that the team has gone on this run without them. St. Ivany and Shea play a safe, smart game. Which is what Graves should play, but doesn't for some reason.

Keep riding the same lineup. They deserve to see this through.
lemieuxReturns
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by lemieuxReturns »

KG wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:48 am I don't think there is any rush to get Graves and Jarry back into the lineup. Being that the team has gone on this run without them. St. Ivany and Shea play a safe, smart game. Which is what Graves should play, but doesn't for some reason.

I have been preaching for years... you DO NOT NEED TO SPEND HIGH MONEY ON DEFENSE TO WIN IN THIS LEAGUE!!!!

I wish we would get a GM that would spend that money on the forward group. You can literally throw in guys like Ruh, Shea, etc and still win. The forwards are the ones that you need to spend the money on. They put the puck in the net.
FLPensFan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by FLPensFan »

KG wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:48 am I don't think there is any rush to get Graves and Jarry back into the lineup. Being that the team has gone on this run without them. St. Ivany and Shea play a safe, smart game. Which is what Graves should play, but doesn't for some reason.

I totally forgot Graves was out with a concussion until you posted this. I was thinking to myself last night...has Graves finally settled down, I'm not hearing his name which is good. LOL
Steve
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Steve »

And to think, you all laughed at me when I said that the Pens would be playing meaningful games in April.

Of course, yesterday was the first time I said that. I have to say, this is really surprising to me - and I've always said to never count out a healthy 87. We'll see what happens the rest of the way, still a long shot but hey, Badger Bob's animated GIF above, says it all!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Steve wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:15 pm And to think, you all laughed at me when I said that the Pens would be playing meaningful games in April.
Puck-Lurker
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Puck-Lurker »

Steve wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:15 pm And to think, you all laughed at me when I said that the Pens would be playing meaningful games in April.

Of course, yesterday was the first time I said that. I have to say, this is really surprising to me - and I've always said to never count out a healthy 87. We'll see what happens the rest of the way, still a long shot but hey, Badger Bob's animated GIF above, says it all!
I still think it's a mirage, but I'll enjoy the good times as they come! Stomping out three wins against Rags, Devils and Caps is great news any week.